Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Israeli / Palestiniain conflict

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

I did initially sort of side with the Palestinians until they started sending their young boys to the front so that they could be shot dead for propaganda purposes against Israel ... now I feel sorry for the Israelis. What do you people think?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It isnt even a proper fight, on one side you have the Israelis, finally being allowed to live on the land they had thousands of years ago, and on the other you have the Palestinians who were dispaced to make way for them.
    The Israelis have superior weaponry and technology given to them by the West, the Palestinians don't even have an army. It doesn't take a genius to work out who is going to come out on top.
    I personally side with the Israelis, as it is technically them who have for years come out worst, but now they have a chance to get their own back.

Yes, why not? Once you're in a position to get back at all the people you think hurt you in the past, go right ahead!

* Visions of Nazi Germany fly through head at dizzying speed. *

Yes, very, worryingly similar.
    Originally posted by MacKenZie:
    Yes, why not? Once you're in a position to get back at all the people you think hurt you in the past, go right ahead!

Yes, very, worryingly similar.

indeed. very scary.

Look into these tired eyes. See something you might recognise.

Spot on man. Didn't the jews learn anything or do they they think that because the suffered such a heinous crime that they can perpetrate similar crimes?

Let's compare - displace a community (jews from warsaw, palenstinians from gaza), move your own countrymen in and then you are the major ethnic factor in the area.

Both sides have faults - that's war and I know it sucks, and there is no easy answer, but you shouldn't support anyone who uses tanks, helicopter gunships and bullets against kids throwing rocks!
    I can't see any justice in forcing the Palestinians away from their land to make room for another nation just because they were picked on. I don't agree with the Nazi's but it's just nonsense.
    I side with the Palestinians, in my honest opinion the Israeli goverment is filled with idiots and fools. But then again, who wouldn't be with the US behind their backs, supporting them with weaponry?

I think that the west should step between those two and for once do something that isn't of their main interest. Just help people in need.

What hurts me the most though is how the news tell me those things. They pain the Palenstinians utterly black while the Israelis are just settling their score, which is always fair and square (*coughs* yeah... shooting at kids, destroying houses and so on).

A very irritating case...
    What i say is ' Fight fire WITH fire ' it's the only language most people understand.

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
    Yes, "fight fire with fire" indeed... They [the Israelis] plan to get their own back by builing a bio-bomb that will kill Arabs but leave Jews untouched. Personally, I hope they succeed. Reason: Arabs and Jews have a very high genotypical commonality (both being Semitic races) and would likely be equally affected by any such putative bio-bomb.

There is something poetic about getting wiped out by the product of your own hatred.

[This message has been edited by MacKenZie (edited 20-05-2001).]

There is something poetic about getting wiped out by the product of your own hatred.

There is a touch of irony in there, thinking about it, didnt people say the same thing about nukes though?
    As for the conflict, I hope both sides are wiped out, it'll lead to something resembling stability in the region.
    It's crossed my mind before that if the Jews and the Arabs were children, not nations of people, fighting over a toy, not large swathes of land, the parents would simply knock their heads together and get rid of the toy for good measure.

As for what you said about nukes, I sort of agree. What I find particularly ironic here though is that the Jews and Arabs are so close, yet so inimical.
    i should personally be on the Israeli's side since all my family are Israeli's and are living through this mess. Also my dad, who was born in Iraq was forced out of his home by the Palestinians, so i find it hard to find any compassion for them.

I think both countries are equally stupid. Even though Israel has the advantage of having better munitions etc., the Palestinians are provoking the Israeli's by using nail bombs etc against them.

I just hope they stop fighting soon before and more people get hurt, including my family.