Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Different types of pills

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I bought five pills the other day and today I looked at them carefully and it seems there are two different types, is this anything i should be concerned about? Would mixing two different pills be something to worry about?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It'll just make the buzz more messy and there could be two chemicals in the pills that don't mix well together but I wouldn't be too worried on the whole.

I've had night where my dealer had a mixed bag, 3 different types of pills and I had many of each and was just clean fucked.
    ive got mixed ones a few times, just ate em anyway
    It's just that I haven't taken them in a year and a half and the friend ill be taking them with has never done them. We may not even take more than one, in which case it wouldn't be a problem. But if the one isn't good enough?
    It depends on the the substances in the pills.
    Some pills are MDMA, precursors, amphetamines, I've heard of Ketamine, PCP (amazingly) and a few other interesting things put into pills. I'm sure popping Ketamine and MDMA would be an interesting mix.. Probabally not too fun, and completly unexpected.
    If you take them both, you can't go wrong with expecting the worst.
    Pretty much what everyone said especially turlough. I remember that night whenever our dealer had 3 different types of pills in the bag.

It's nothing really to worry about as long as both pills are good.
    Shogun wrote:
    It's nothing really to worry about as long as both pills are good.

Exactly, but you would never know anyway unless you got a test kit. So it's a potentially riskier situation than sticking to one 'logo' rather than mixing.

Most people don't care anyway and will mix them, but seeing as this is a harm reduction site, pointing out the potential dangers is neccersary.
    Dude, you gotta know what you're buying-EXACTLY what you're buying! This isn't like buying 2 different strains of weed! Like it has been said, you could totally fuck over your buzz, o.d., or just get your ass ripped off (or potentially all of the above, which would just put a damned black cloud in what would've been a sunny day). Not to mention not knowing what you're taking means not knowing the side effects...you could feel great at your peak, but feel a pain in your chest or have your heart racing the next minute...I bet you'd damn well regret snorting the last pill just a moment ago, now wouldn't you? Imagine if you already had a medical condition where you have trouble clotting blood, and you take a med with a side effect of thinning blood; you're fucked up and you crash your car and you fucking bleed to death from a shoulder wound because you couldn't stop bleeding. It could damn well happen, so KNOW what you're taking!

...I care about you guys, so take care of yourself and deal safely, ok? *sniff* I'd miss you guys if anyone got killed because of something like this :crying: Sorry about the emotion, but I just got back from my weekly anti-drug/alcohol meeting and there was a story about an o.d. case, so I'm guess I just don't want to see it happen to anyone else...
    I get where your coming from pusher collector but here round where i live i know the dealer pretty well and he's high up and if he gets shit pills he'll tell you but that's not the norm really here, there's that many being made and by the time they get over here, although i'm starting to think their being made in ireland now as well.

Yea the only way your gonna know what it's in your pills for sure is with a tester although if you get good pills you can tell straight away without a tester, but that's the risk and also part of the buzz.
    Shogun wrote:
    Yea the only way your gonna know what it's in your pills for sure is with a tester although if you get good pills you can tell straight away without a tester, but that's the risk and also part of the buzz.
    I mostly want to get a tester so I don't waste another night waiting for some non existant mdma to kick in.
    And risks don't really give me buzzes, i'm too much of a pussy.
    I mostly want to get a tester so I don't waste another night waiting for some non existant mdma to kick in.
    And risks don't really give me buzzes, i'm too much of a pussy.

It's worth getting one as a slight precaution if nothing else. You aren't a pussy, just more sensible than some people who like to fuck themselves up all the time :yes:
    Yeah i am really sensible. I'm also stoned. Still sensible though.
    It depends on the the substances in the pills.
    Some pills are MDMA, precursors, amphetamines, I've heard of Ketamine, PCP (amazingly) and a few other interesting things put into pills. I'm sure popping Ketamine and MDMA would be an interesting mix.. Probabally not too fun, and completly unexpected.
    If you take them both, you can't go wrong with expecting the worst.

Even amphetamine is quite unlikely in the UK now, it seems most people who make pills now have managed to make MDMA (badly) so most pills will have that.

I've never heard of any pill in the UK having PCP.
    thats an interesting development, from where did you establish this may i ask?
    bongbudda wrote:
    Even amphetamine is quite unlikely in the UK now, it seems most people who make pills now have managed to make MDMA (badly) so most pills will have that.

I've never heard of any pill in the UK having PCP.

Very big assumption bongbudda, i'd also like to know where you have got this information? Not long ago there was quite afew phet pills doing the rounds, not sure about the current situation though.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Just out of curiosity Nash, (and I'm not saying you are wrong), how do you know they had amphetamine in them? I mostly ask because some MDMx compounds have a 'speedy' effect.
    thats an interesting development, from where did you establish this may i ask?

It is largely hearsay and what testing evidence can come to light, Bluelight among others print off testing results.

So its not definite, and yes, I'm not saying that all pills are pure, they are not, but a large chunk of them are low grade MDMA with trace MDA.
    Increasingly 'brown' MDMA powder?
    Increasingly 'brown' MDMA powder?

Basically put yes, though more and more crystal MDMA is being sold, so to me, and this is just my view, the low end cooks are selling pills and the high end cooks are selling powder.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Basically put yes, though more and more crystal MDMA is being sold, so to me, and this is just my view, the low end cooks are selling pills and the high end cooks are selling powder.

Is there more profit in selling the powder?

Round my way it still seems to all be pills... I havent seen powder around at all!
    JamesZero wrote:
    Is there more profit in selling the powder?

At £40-50 per gram, yes.
    LadyJade wrote:
    Just out of curiosity Nash, (and I'm not saying you are wrong), how do you know they had amphetamine in them? I mostly ask because some MDMx compounds have a 'speedy' effect.

Out of experience, reading peoples reports and effects, reading test results.

Re-thinking what has been said, I do agree most pills these days contain MDMA or some MDXX substance, but I still wouldn't say it's unlikely to get adulterated pills containing amphetamines.
    Nash wrote:
    Re-thinking what has been said, I do agree most pills these days contain MDMA or some MDXX substance, but I still wouldn't say it's unlikely to get adulterated pills containing amphetamines.

It depends how unlikely you define as unlikely, I'd say you are considerably more likely to get a pill (if its a live one) that is a small ish dose of MDMA/MDA than to get one with amphetamine in as well.