Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Holiday camp with a group of mateys.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok, well my friends and I are planning to book a week at a caravan park near Newquay (about an hour away from where we live) for the first week of next July, as a kind of reward for our GCSEs etc. Should be a week of clubbing and beaching, with a dab of shopping too :D.
However, I'm not going to be 16 till July 24th, and the minimum age for this park is 16. Whats the likelyhood of them asking me for ID? All of my mates will have turned 16 before then, so I don't want to be left out.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you're planning to go clubbing then you might all have ID issues, to be honest.

I'm not sure if they'd ask for ID, though if you're all under 18 (with no supervision etc) then I'd guess it's a lot more likely.
    I planned to do this a while back with a bunch of mates - and we couldn't book more than 4 people together under the age of 21... something like that anyway.
    if they have an over 16 policy then they'll no doubt ask for ID if you look under 16. otherwise the rule would be a bit pointless. but i guess it might just be there to deter roudyness.
    the clubs in newquay are very strickt about asking for i.d.

not sure about the caravan park, not sure that really matters, just say you dont have any, there not going to turn you away surely?
    I'm fine with the club i.d. front - I was just worried 'bout the camp ID.. thought I'd need something more official. I don't look too young anyway :s

Secondly, though it's a 6 berth caravan, we may have seven or eight coming.
    If we booked a tent pitch, and put a tent up, saying two people would sleep in it.. do you think we could squeeze the others into the caravan? Or would they kick up stink if they found out?
    when i was on a bit of a tour of the UK a couple of years ago we struggled to find any camp park that would take a group of 4 20 year olds, they said they wouldnt take single sex groups or large groups of any age...so you might struggle. we even pretended to be gay couples but that didnt work. after all that we ended up sleeping out of the car for a few days. gutted we were
    FilthyChav wrote:
    I'm fine with the club i.d. front - I was just worried 'bout the camp ID.. thought I'd need something more official. I don't look too young anyway :s

Secondly, though it's a 6 berth caravan, we may have seven or eight coming.
    If we booked a tent pitch, and put a tent up, saying two people would sleep in it.. do you think we could squeeze the others into the caravan? Or would they kick up stink if they found out?

fine with the club id front?

got fakes then?
    I think you should be ok. I went to Newquay with some mates when we were 16 and I never got asked, I look really young aswell. Stay at Sunnyside caravan park is cool there :D
    ring them up and ask! :p
    obviously not about the ID... ;)
    Alot of campsites nowadays are iffy about single sex, or even mixed sex groups of 16-21 year olds. Many will out right say no, whereas others that i know of ask one of your parents to sign a form agreeing to be a guarantor ad thus responsible for any bad behaviour :eek: Does it say anything in the brochure/online about large groups, or about ID policy etc?
    I think the camp-site we're looking at is okay with the group of us - I think the mate whose booking checked it out, and its the only site that isn't families only, and will take 16s. Plus, its only 2 miles from Newquay centre :D
    I'm going over her house tonight for a party, so I'll find out the name of the park then.
    Found the website for you :D

Clicky
    I don't think thats the one. I checked out the tariffs, and the one we were gonna book was about £80 each. Thanks anyway :).
    FilthyChav wrote:
    I don't think thats the one. I checked out the tariffs, and the one we were gonna book was about £80 each. Thanks anyway :).

Cheap is always better :) now worries hope you have fun. make sure you go to a club called sailors if it's still there :D
    I doubt it'll be a problem although times might have changed.
    I went to Newquay when I was 15 and again when I was 16 and we never got ID'd in clubs, I'm sure that has changed nowadays though, understandably so.

We always stayed at the surf lodges rather than camping or caravan, just cos it's more central and more comfortable in general. I seem to remember that it had to be booked by someone over 18 but people of any age could stay there. Had its own bar and stuff, was good fun.