Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A level resits

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
did any one get their resit results today ? i did got a C for psychology ! :D much better than my E last year ! C for health and social care :D much better than the U last year ! it might just be me but does any one else agree revising too much can affect your exam results ? last year i worked my ass off and ended up with E's and U's this year i was more chilled and didnt really revise and i pass ! hope every one else's results were good !!!!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I wasn't in school today because I'm ill, so guess I'll get the results tomorow instead. Well done :thumb:
  • Options
    when i did my A-levels i did find that you remembered alot more during revsion when it wasnt last minute, or when i was actualy interested in doing it+hadn't been brain bashing for weeks on end!
    Well done!
  • Options
    Am I being really stupid but why on earth are you all getting A-Level results in March?? Are they resits? In my day it was July or August - nicely in time for a last minute rush for universtity places....
  • Options
    I thought we didnt get them to tomorrow.

Wyetry: A levels are in modules, you take some exams in january and some in summer :)

hth
  • Options
    Gawd that sounds awful - but then i'm a werid person who likes exams and hates things being drawn out - like course work. Can you not opt to do all your exams in one go???
  • Options
    Yea you can, but if you mess up an exam you do in january then you can resit it in summer and still get the grades you need for uni in august :)
  • Options
    Yea you can, but if you mess up an exam you do in january then you can resit it in summer and still get the grades you need for uni in august :)

and you don't have to redo the AS/A2 level next year...

I got my Law results today, despite revising loads, I managed to fail...
  • Options
    You know how teenagers these days are always saying they are under loads of pressure and how adults are always saying that exams these days are not as hard as they used to be.....
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote:
    You know how teenagers these days are always saying they are under loads of pressure

We're expected to do loads of work, but I'd hardly call it pressure - it's not like at GCSE where we were expected to revise for about 7/8 different subjects...
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    We're expected to do loads of work, but I'd hardly call it pressure - it's not like at GCSE where we were expected to revise for about 7/8 different subjects...

less subjects in more depth is probably harder.

wait till you get to uni :p
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    I used to feel a lot of pressure when studying for A-levels... just to get enough work done to pass. There was always so much to do especially in maths.

But I have found degree a lot worse. I do a "multi-discipline" degree though which sucks... I feel like I'm spread too thinly to be good at anything.
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    less subjects in more depth is probably harder.

wait till you get to uni :p

Yes, it does seem that way - managed to fail both my A-Levels despite revising loads...

And what's uni like?