Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Make the period stop grr

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Oh yes, so I've tried it twice before and I want to try it again. I'm going away and dont want to be bleeding during it. So I'm on the pill with the gradual increase of hormons thruout the month, whatever you want to call it. And twice I've done the whole no seven days of placebos. However the period has come each time just as scheduled. Is this just the thing that happens with this type of pill? Or am I just weird.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my_name wrote:
    Oh yes, so I've tried it twice before and I want to try it again. I'm going away and dont want to be bleeding during it. So I'm on the pill with the gradual increase of hormons thruout the month, whatever you want to call it. And twice I've done the whole no seven days of placebos. However the period has come each time just as scheduled. Is this just the thing that happens with this type of pill? Or am I just weird.
    I've never had much luck stopping my periods with the pill. I've tried it a couple of times but got the period both times anyway.
    3 different. It would be really wasting to just take the higher ones though. Not only for the fact that keeping me on the high dose makes me crazy emotional, but also, since there only is a week i'd be wasting like 3 packs of pills, and they aren't cheap.
    Oh well, I'll just pack half my suitcase with tampons I guess, thanks chicks :)
    You're not weird, I always get my period even if I try and miss out the seven day break.