Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do Women Want To Be Put In Their Place?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Shouldn't women be subservient to the will of men?
  • Options
    Why, yes. Yes, they should.

:banghead:
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    how do you judge when to show ur not gonna be a push over side tho? I mean when do u put the woman in hre place?

I mean, at the start when ur dating? Surely that owuld make u come across as uncivilsed pig?

so ur nice and totally accomedating at the beginning but then ur judged as "too nice" and ditched before u get a chance?

how does it work?
    It does depend on the individual.. being nice does not mean sexy, or a suitible mate, neither does being dominant... A lot of people say "I am a nice guy, why don't girls like me?" when really they should be advertising themselves as reliable, intelligent, virile or funny.
  • Options
    rickramone wrote:

Of course they should.

Therefore you should do exactly as I say.
  • Options
    I've got very little relationship experience, so my contribution to this will be brief. The thread appeared to be about the "balance of power" in a relationship, suggesting the woman is leaving him because he was becoming a "doormat", in Diamond Geezer's words. What I say is, think about this in both ways. It may well be true that women don't want a bloke who leaves everything to them, but does the opposite apply?

Does a man want to go out with a woman who can't think for herself? Well, I don't know about other men, but I wouldn't. I can't think of anything more boring.
    What kind of bloke would want to go out with a vacuous sycophantic bimbo with no opinion of her own?
    Ask any of Peter Stringfellow's girlfriends... :p
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    It may well be true that women don't want a bloke who leaves everything to them, but does the opposite apply?

It's all about balances of power.

The way most women get around it is by persuading men to do what they want, and making sure the men think it was their idea all along:p
    Ask any of Peter Stringfellow's girlfriends... :p

Nah, most of them are canny enough to know exactly what they're doing.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It's all about balances of power. The way most women get around it is by persuading men to do what they want, and making sure the men think it was their idea all along. :p
    You mean like giving the guy the impression that he is the one in charge when it's blatantly clear to everyone but him that he isn't?
    Nah, most of them are canny enough to know exactly what they're doing.
    Free entry to Stringfellows in more ways than one... :yuck:
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    You mean like giving the guy the impression that he is the one in charge when it's blatantly clear to everyone but him that he isn't?

Well, not exactly, but that's kind of the gist of it.
    Free entry to Stringfellows in more ways than one... :yuck:

Canny bit of money to be made from it, if you play your cards right.
  • Options
    rickramone wrote:

I seen an episode of that Wife Swap program once and there was this woman who believed the role of the woman was to be totally subservient to the role of the husband...she was a fucking weirdo.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    I seen an episode of that Wife Swap program once and there was this woman who believed the role of the woman was to be totally subservient to the role of the husband...she was a fucking weirdo.

Was that the English woman that dressed up in Japanese clothes and as soon as her husband came in she took off his shoes for him?

If so then I think the husband took advantage of her a lot but taking care of her husband made her happy..
  • Options
    well know I don't mean having a difference of opinion or a debate but like say your going ou tand she wants to go one place and you naother, if you say "no, were going to where I want to go", then isn't that putting her in he rplace and being a but offish?

IO mean say she wnats you to do aher a favour, or wants to watch something on tv or something like that and you say no, were doing it my way and such.

I mean isnt that being a bit selfish and such? Wouldn't that come across as bad? But yet it would be putting her in her place.

I mean I would imagine at the start the guy i saccompidating because he is trying o impress her, but then if sh ethinks u give in to her will or something liek that, they guy might be ditched for being too nice and so on.

striking a balance is tough.
  • Options
    Most couples settle on a balance in the end.

Some people are dominant, and two hot-heads will argue a lot. Two passive people will never get owt done.

Sometimes I get my way, sometimes she gets hers. That's what a relationship is all about. And if there's something she wants to see and I don't, she'll just go with her sister.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It's all about balances of power.

The way most women get around it is by persuading men to do what they want, and making sure the men think it was their idea all along:p

I agree with the jist of that.

Strong-willed men and cunning women are naturally complimentary.
  • Options
  • Options
    I see what Diamond Geezer is getting at though I agree that the phrasing is a bit off. I wouldn't want my partner to argee with everything just to keep me happy. If I am being unreasonable (which let face it everyone is at some point) I do like that he can tell me I am being a silly bitch. But it isn't a one way thing, if he is being a complete pain in the arse I will tell him, not just let him get on with it.
  • Options
    Heh, some do, some don't. Try it with my girlfriend, for example, and you'll probably soon find out what a vice-like grip on your balls feel like. In fact, I wish I hadnt taught here about all that kind of stuff.... :chin: Then again, so long as there is mutual respect on both sides, there never seems to be much of a problem...Anyway, it depends on the individual. You can't really draw a general rule. You have to deal with the mind of the individuals involved.
  • Options
    I don't think you quite understand - she doesn't have a 'place' and neither do you.

So why do some women say thats what they want, those exact terms?
  • Options
  • Options
    Which women? I've never heard any woman ever say that she wants to be put in her place.
    This reminds me of some posters I saw in the Information Technology class (for some reason) at school. There was a series of pictures of women... some of them at work, some walking their kids, some doing housework, basically doing a variety of everyday things... and at the top, there was a caption "A woman's place is at [blank]". We used to spend ages talking about this in class. The guys were typing away at their computers, and they just sat there talking amongst themselves about this. The girls got involved later, and sparks started to fly... is there such a thing as a woman's place? If yes, what's a man's place?
  • Options
    Which women? I've never heard any woman ever say that she wants to be put in her place.

well not on here but I have heard it used before.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    well not on here but I have heard it used before.

Being 'dominant' doesn't equate to what you're thinking.
  • Options
  • Options

No thats not the point sometimes they like it when a man takes charge, putting in their place is the wrong was to describe it.

Equally they hate it when a man tries to decide everything and considers a women not her own person.

There is a kind of balence to be struck
  • Options
    I didn't say owt about domiance spliffie.

I said I had heard the phrase by women that they like to be put in their place, by a man. Exact phrasing aswell.

girl with sharp teeth - I didn't noticed your location before, the wye aye caught my attention, your a geordie girl??
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Well I have heard it, so thats why i asked the question.

I don't get it myself. I always assumed people in relationships are equals or should be anyway.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    I didn't say owt about domiance spliffie.

I said I had heard the phrase by women that they like to be put in their place, by a man. Exact phrasing aswell.

Putting someone "in their place" = dominance.

Women throw up all kinds of problems in relationships, creating arguments over nothing as a test. When they've become sickened with apologetic, sychophantic wimps who only know how to act submissively...well, you work out the rest.
  • Options
    i've never heard any of my female friends saying they like to be put in their place by a man.

I believe the phrase is used in conjuction with

someone "stepping out of line"

and then being put back in their place, i.e. back to where things should be (equal)

Anyway a lot of people making discussion about the actual wording then the gist of the whole topic - I've heard the phrase quite a few times and only from women ....but women who are in their 40's, 50's, 60's, etc .. might not be something you young folk say these days. :chin: