Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

02 monthly contract billing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is anyone else on 02 contract and found that their payment dates have been messed around lately?

Up until the end of 2005 my payment were usually taken on the 27-29th of the month. The Nov payment was taken on time, then the next one was the 17th Jan, then 14th Feb and now I've just looked at my bank statement online and found that they've taken another payment on 3rd Mar and then returned it (says 'Correction' on my statement) on the same day. Obviously that's only just over two weeks since the last one was taken, and my latest invoice from 02 talked about the 14th Feb payment! Am going to call them in the morning to find out what's going on.

Anyone had the same problem? :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I am with O2 (Carphone Warehouse) and have had it with them recently. I started my contract with them in Aug and since October my billing and direct debit date has changed every month, resulting in two payments taken in a one month occasionally. I have phoned them a lot and my response is 'we are currently implementing a new billing system' It is a pain in the backside. Cannot wait until my contract is up in the summer!!
    Oh yeah, forgot that would make a difference - I'm with CPW too! :(
    Mines been fine.

I got mine though The Link, must be 4 yrs ago now.
    mine's been fine, but then i'm with o2 online. :)
    It is O2 Carphone Warehouse that has been mucking up!
    well if you get billed more than 12 times within a year, ask for some money back
    It has nothing to do with O2, for the record.

It is everything to do with Carphone warehouse. Not one person I know has been happy with the service of those thieving incompetent braindead cunts, they have robbed the wife of significant amounts of money in the past.

Word of advice, cancel direct debits, and tell them they can go and frig their grandmother for the money until your account is back in credit. They are cunts who deserve to be euthanased with a baseball bat, so treat them as such.
    Nice to see you're your usual indifferent self, Kermit! ;)

I spoke to them earlier today after receiving a "pay now or we'll bar your phone" text message from them mid-afternoon. I've been charged an extra £5 for the payment being declined by the bank and was told (very rudely!) to pay it there and then (the guy practically demanded my debit card details!) and that I was "very lucky" not to have been cut off yet as my payment is four days overdue!

Apparently, this latest invoice is to 'catch up' because they had accounting problems over Christmas. It was totally as if the problems weren't their fault and that I just had to lump it - which I guess I do as I'm locked into the contract until May next year.

I also reduced my tariff to £15 lower a month, thankfully!

I still can't understand why the payment on the 3rd March 'bounced' because the money was in my account, but I guess that's one to take up with the bank.
    Carphone Warehouse couldn't run a bath.

THis is exactly the same trouble we had with them. They tried to help themselves to money they weren't owed, and then kept cutting us off when they didn't get it. They kept fining us for not paying something we didn't owe, and even when we proved they were trying to take money out of a bank account with TEN DIGITS, they still tried to claim it was our fault.

I wouldn't sit back and take it. We got our contract cancelled because of their cock-ups. They messed us about so much the wife's solicitor father said either they cancel the contract and refund the fines, or we take them to court for breach of contract. They paid up the next day, and we got to keep the handset.

I'd be saying they have broken their contract, and that either they recompense you, or you'll see them in court.

Everyone, for the future: do not, under any circumstance, go with the Carphone Warehouse. The last time we had a door-to-door salesman for CW he didn't know what hit him:D
    CPW have door to door salemens?!

I think I've had enough issues with 'breach of contract' for a while, don't you? (re: Work forum)

I'm going to get all my bills out over the weekend and make sure all the dates tally up. I thought I'd been charged for six weeks' line rental for the six weeks I didn't have a bill over xmas. Want to get my facts straight for definite first.
    Kermit wrote:
    Everyone, for the future: do not, under any circumstance, go with the Carphone Warehouse. The last time we had a door-to-door salesman for CW he didn't know what hit him:D

shouldnt have blinded him then :yes:
    CPW have door to door salemens?!

They do, for the TalkTalk landline package.
    I think I've had enough issues with 'breach of contract' for a while, don't you? (re: Work forum)

Oh yeah, definitely.

But CPW will rape you up the arse with charges and fines if you give them the slightest chance. Fight every thing they say, because ten times out of ten they are just lying and bullshitting to you.

In terms of evilness, they're just below HSBC and just above Pol Pot.