Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Shorts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just brought some pin stripped shorts, which come to the knee. But have no idea of what footwear to wear with them. Thought some black knee high boots would look ok, but Im really not sure after trying them on together!! Anyone got any ideas??? thanks

Comments

• Options
    Not my look, but I've seen a lot of people wearing them with heels/wedges/round toed heels... and some people wearing them with cute little ballet style pumps
  • Options
    Shorts that go down to the knee and boots that go up to the knee? :no: Have you ever seen those dorky guys that where the bagy shorts then the socks up to their knees... yeah....

Why not just wear pants?
  • Options
    I wear mine with knee high boots! and everyones said it looks good, also wear them with cute slingback heels :yes:
  • Options
    I saw a girl wearing them with knee high boots and they looked really good on her, but when i tried them on I really wasn't sure.

Char_Baby when you wear yours can you see any of your legs, or does it just go from the shorts to the boots? Mine aren't quite long enough to go straight to the boots, but then theres only a slight gap, so I dunno if it looks good or not.
  • Options
    Is it possible for you to post a picture to convice me that pin-stripe shorts aren't a very bad idea?
  • Options
    Edit, I was not thinking of those kind of shorts.
  • Options
    Like these, but mine havent got the turn up bit at the bottom

clicky
  • Options
    I like them but not the colour
  • Options
    some heels?
  • Options
    I think a pair of heels. They look nice with flat shoes but only if you have perfect legs.
  • Options
    Pink Soda wrote:
    I think a pair of heels. They look nice with flat shoes but only if you have perfect legs.

:yes:
  • Options
    I wear mine with flats or heels. Doesn't really matter. :)
  • Options
    just throw the shorts away
  • Options
    just throw the shorts away

Oh your always full of good ideas
  • Options
    i find that with mine, if iv got like majority of my upper body covered up, like long sleeves, then shoes with heels look best, like some black pointy stillettos, but if iv got a top that doesnt have sleeves or is quite summery, then boots look better! jus my opinion though! mine are just plain black though so i might just be looking all black and covered if i wear boots then my shorts then long sleeves!
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Oh your always full of good ideas
    glad SOMEONE appreciates me!
    seeing people in shorts - in winter - hmmmm, it looks STOOPID. Y`know some trends i see and i think wow, and some i see and i think hmmm, nice if youre 16 and a size 8, and some i just think wtf, you look retarded.
    whats the point of buying into a trend that is gonna last FIVE MINUTES before everyone realises that it actually looks shit.
    Save your money and buy stuff that might actually last more than half a season.
  • Options
    glad SOMEONE appreciates me!
    seeing people in shorts - in winter - hmmmm, it looks STOOPID.

How about shorts with a sweatshirt/long sleeved shirt. Surley if its cold enough to wear that top you shouldn't be wearing shorts.

I feel your pain rainbow. Lets cry :crying:
  • Options
    Save your money and buy stuff that might actually last more than half a season.
    shorts have been around since last summer and will definitly be in til at least the end of summer, maybe longer.

eta: i don't own any. i haven't heard ANY positive comments from guys concerning shorts either.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i haven't heard ANY positive comments from guys concerning shorts either.
    Probably because most guys (me included) think theyre effing horrible! :yuck:
  • Options
    i think the knee length (ish) ones look really nice!

i don't like wearing full length trousers when i go out and when it's a bit cold for skirts they're a nice alternative and show off a bit of leg too.
  • Options
    I saw some shorts in a catalog yesterday, they were skanky short with the side pockets, the liners sticking out the bottem. Can somebody explain that one to me?