Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

moisturiser?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
can anyone recommend a cheap moisturiser with a light texture that won't make me too shiny, and a light moisturising face wash/cream cleanser? i mean cheap, maybe an own brand?

Comments

• Options
    boots do their own brand, think they call it boots basics. they probably do a good range. i wouldn't go toooo cheap though, might not be good for your skin.
  • Options
    the best moisturiser iv found is nivea soft, by far the best one for my skin anyway and its nice and cheap!
  • Options
    about £4 probably?

it depends how cheap she means...
  • Options
    i guess, think its about $3,excuse the dollar sign my pound sign doesnt work! but for 3quid its a massive tub ive had it about 3 months and its still going strong lol :D
  • Options
    I really like the Evian moisturisers... although they're about 6£... which is quite reasonable compared to some lol. Also with slightly better quality moisturisers it works out more cost-effective as you don't have to use so much. I've been using the same tube of Evian for ages.
  • Options
    I'll second Nivea Soft, it's the best moisturiser I've found and a tub lasts for ages.
  • Options
    H-face wrote:
    I really like the Evian moisturisers... although they're about 6£... which is quite reasonable compared to some lol. Also with slightly better quality moisturisers it works out more cost-effective as you don't have to use so much. I've been using the same tube of Evian for ages.

yup, i second this.

they're not the cheapest in the world, but they seem to last forever, and they make my skin feel larrvely :D
  • Options
    I'll second Nivea Soft, it's the best moisturiser I've found and a tub lasts for ages.
    Thirded. I live on the stuff. I couldn't function without it. However I've not found it any cheaper than £4-5 a pot. Unless I buy it on holiday in greece, then it's about 4euro's for a pot twice the normal size.

Ilora x
  • Options
    SAINT IVES!!!!! collagen and elasticin.

I may sound like an advert for that company but.....

Up until 6 months ago, I had eczema on my hands so bad that I could hardly move them, couldnt go swimming, wash dishes, clean things. I wore gloves stuffed with steroids and moisturiser all the time. I mean it wasnt just irritating, it ruled my life. Sometimes I would sit and scratch for an hour at a time, and they were bleeding and itchy constantly. And by constantly, i mean if I wasnt scratching/taking steroids/or antihistamines, then it would itch 24/7.

Hmm anyway so... withing 2/3 days of using st Ives, the itching had gone, and within two weeks my skin had healed up almost completely. Sixths months on, I still have dry skin, but I can actually open and close them without them bleeding, and touch water without having to run for the steroids.

Right so the moral of this story is that

St Ives = good
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i use tesco's own and its only 90p so if you hate it, its hardly the end of the world
  • Options
    i tend to pay a bit more than that coz im fussy about making sure it's got SPF in it.

Facial wash- superdrugs own brand is ok, as is asdas
  • Options
    talia wrote:
    SAINT IVES!!!!! collagen and elasticin.

I may sound like an advert for that company but.....

Up until 6 months ago, I had eczema on my hands so bad that I could hardly move them, couldnt go swimming, wash dishes, clean things. I wore gloves stuffed with steroids and moisturiser all the time. I mean it wasnt just irritating, it ruled my life. Sometimes I would sit and scratch for an hour at a time, and they were bleeding and itchy constantly. And by constantly, i mean if I wasnt scratching/taking steroids/or antihistamines, then it would itch 24/7.

Hmm anyway so... withing 2/3 days of using st Ives, the itching had gone, and within two weeks my skin had healed up almost completely. Sixths months on, I still have dry skin, but I can actually open and close them without them bleeding, and touch water without having to run for the steroids.

Right so the moral of this story is that

St Ives = good

But St.Ives are hardly inexpensive are they?
  • Options
    Cazzoo wrote:

St Ives stuff is a bargain actually. I got a huge pump bottle of body lotion for £3 from wilkinsons, and i always use the scrubs. St ives stuff is nearly always on 3 for 2 offers and stuff
  • Options
    i use a garnier moisturiser, a day one and a night one.

they smell nice on your skin too.
  • Options
    Cazzoo wrote:

St. Ives is like the cheapest out there!

So are we talking about facial or body moisturiser here?
    For facial, its all about olay, I have really dry skin and it itches when I don't lotion it after every time I wash it. Not greasy.
    Body lotion, st ives whipped silk is nice, but i just bought the quench by olay, its nice cuz it rubs in really quickly.
  • Options
    I use an oil free one from nivea
  • Options
    I use the oil free Witch one at the minute, and it's got that stuff in it which prevents you going shiney whichis always a bonus
  • Options
    thanks everyone for your help =) I've got nivea soft at the moment, and I like it but it does make me a little shiny. Oh well, I guess shiny = glowing! I might try the witch one/evian one for summer though if they're lighter textured.
  • Options
    haven't actually said what i use yet, whoops.

i use a garnier clean and fresh moisturiser thingy (for my face). smells yum and feels really fresh on my skin and takes my make up off too.
  • Options
    I decided on sticking with nivea soft for evening and investing in some morning moisturization! Went to bodycare today and found the evian hydrating lotion for 1.49. can anybody say bargain? haven't used it yet but im all excited!