Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Daniel Craig as 007?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Don't know if you guys have seen this yet, but apparantly a lot of people are pissed off about Daniel Craig being cast for the new James Bond.

BBC Story Here

A website has even been made to threaten to boycot the next James Bond Movie.

http://www.craignotbond.com/

Frankly I think they are right tho, don't really see that guy playing James Bond, do you?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How come no one complains about the low quality storylines of the recent bond movies or the fact they're all one big commerical for every product under the sun, like BMW cars, Watches, mobiles phones, AVIS car rentals, etc, etc
  • Options
    I think Daniel Craig's going to be a terrible Bond, the man's got a face like a dead fish.

I saw Layer Cake for the first time the other day and I thought he was terrible in it, he was acting like he was on his way to the Bond audition and barely changed expression in the whole thing. Being understated is one thing, but he makes Roger Moore look like Jim Carrey.
  • Options
    Gotta give the guy a chance i think. Can't really judge him as Bond yet as we havent seen him as Bond yet :p
  • Options
    The fact that I HATE Bond films aside, I think he's a good actor and it's an interesting departure from their usual casting.

A "wait and see" (well I won't be, but you know what I mean) situation for sure, but it's very unfair not to give him a chance.
  • Options
    How come no one complains about the low quality storylines of the recent bond movies or the fact they're all one big commerical for every product under the sun, like BMW cars, Watches, mobiles phones, AVIS car rentals, etc, etc

I agree completly with that too. It's really ashame what they did to the James Bond story... Now it is just a pure commercial products.

I haven't even seen the last ones, what's the point.
  • Options
    Daniel Graig is not pretty enough to be 007.

Now he was gorgeous

2002369685.jpg

:heart:
  • Options
    Bond films are shit. All of them.

And I don't think he'll make a good bond. Bond should always have black hair!
  • Options
    He'll probably dye it...

He's a great actor so I'm interested to see what he makes fo the role. Apparently the next few bond movies will be darker, which suits Craig well (see Layer Cake to see what I mean).
  • Options
    Craig is an ok actor, he is not exactly groun breaking though...
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    GoodFella wrote:
    Gotta give the guy a chance i think. Can't really judge him as Bond yet as we havent seen him as Bond yet :p

Yeah, i'll give him a chance. Isn't a "Bond" type guy though, I think... :/

Gotta just see. I miss Timothy Dolton, he rocked as Bond. Sean Connery was ace as tits, mind. But a tad too old.
  • Options
    I dont like Bond movies but i think he'll be ok. i actually thought layer cake was good.
  • Options
    Don't know if you guys have seen this yet, but apparantly a lot of people are pissed off about Daniel Craig being cast for the new James Bond.

BBC Story Here

A website has even been made to threaten to boycot the next James Bond Movie.

http://www.craignotbond.com/

Frankly I think they are right tho, don't really see that guy playing James Bond, do you?

He plays his part in Sharpe alongside sean bean very well. Having seen that I can categorically state he has potential to be a seriously good Bond - tweaking the character he plays is all that's required for him to become memorable as 007.

They say the new Bond film will be "darker", and this is promising if it produces a more faithful adaption of Flemming's character, to which Craig Daniel is potentially very well suited.
  • Options
    I agree with some posts And Strongly disagree

I LOVE All Bond Movies im a bond type of person :lol:
    I think this new guy daniel aint got The right look for the bond, Why in gods name did they change bond i cant remember but i think if the viewers dont like it, i Hope! They Bring back the old bond!

Now Wasnt Die another day a BRILL Movie!!! :shocking: :shocking:
  • Options
    ^^^

Not in my opinion, no.

I have to say I hated 'Layer Cake', but I can't knock him because of 'Our Friends in the North'. He was excellent in 'Munich' and pretty good in 'Enduring Love', too (and the only good thing about 'Sylvia'). Excellent range, so he'll probably pull this out of the bag. I'm actually starting to think he might be too good for Bond, rather than vice versa.
  • Options
    As far as bond goes, dont really care, but this daniel guy, he's kind of wussy looking to be bond.
  • Options
    I agree with the Gerbil that Timothy Dalton was a good Bond, though I know not many agree.

Brosnan has been excellent, but the latest films have been nothing special. I hope this new guy manages to continue the great Bond-ness established by Connery and followed well by Roger Moore.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    I agree with the Gerbil that Timothy Dalton was a good Bond, though I know not many agree.

Brosnan has been excellent, but the latest films have been nothing special. I hope this new guy manages to continue the great Bond-ness established by Connery and followed well by Roger Moore.

I really like Timothy Dalton as James Bond as well.
    Brosnan was ok, but I stop enjoy 007 movies when they start making it too
    commercial so I kind of lost intesrest.
  • Options
    I didn't like Timothy Dalton as 007, not cute enough for my taste :blush:
  • Options
    Hate Bond films so not really bothered, he relizes to much on gadgets. The two Bourne films are better than any bond's
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Thanks Guys, Timothy Dolton... don't get why people don't like him? He was good. :(

Erm, yeah, it's getting a tad commercial now, and could they make a bigger statment with the newest one with North Korea? :shocking: Bet it's banned there.
  • Options
    License to Kill staring Dalton was one of the best ever Bond films!

Goldfinger
    You only live twice
    The man with the Golden Gun
    License to Kill
    Goldeneye!
  • Options
    Brosnan was great as Bond. We'll just have to wait and see about this fella. He sure don't look the part though.
  • Options
    I love Daniel Craig, i just think there is something soo sexy about that guy. Although he does appear to have a face like a squashed potato. He is such a good actor. ANd he was in SHarpe? Craig and Sean Bean on screen at the same time? Woot!
  • Options
    There's this woman who works in my school, shes in charge of admin or something. But he's her brother.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Thanks Guys, Timothy Dolton... don't get why people don't like him? He was good. :(

Erm, yeah, it's getting a tad commercial now, and could they make a bigger statment with the newest one with North Korea? :shocking: Bet it's banned there.

erm i dont think they care about the loss of profits in one single country because they poked the fun out of it, especially if the big bangs make them big bucks

dolton had a claim to fame before being bond, he carried a coffin in a toffee crisp advert i believe

and the new bond is just pants, he cant even drive a non automatic car