Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Whining old people

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    my bank mangers such a cunt!

That's because it's a bank manager ;)
    That's because it's a bank manager ;)
    they go through all sorts of special training, if you are not a qualified bastard by the age of three, you will never amount to being a bank manager
    MrG wrote:
    i'll probly die of lung cancer due to secondary smoke inhilation at work, before i get old anyway
    doubtful,i think your more likely to get shot dead in the street.
    MrG wrote:
    they go through all sorts of special training, if you are not a qualified bastard by the age of three, you will never amount to being a bank manager

Bank managers are just office monkeys.

It is people far higher up that make any really meaningful decisions.
    Leaving the branch manager to take all the whinging, of course.
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    doubtful,i think your more likely to get shot dead in the street.

it would still be nice to reduce my chance of dying due to a work related illness, even by a tiny bit, even though the risk is minimal anyway
    MrG wrote:
    off the topic question, but it wouldnt happen to be HSBC would it?
    natwest,the bank that supports small businesess.......they offer you an umbrella when the sun is shining,then take it away when it begins to rain.
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    natwest,the bank that supports small businesess.......they offer you an umbrella when the sun is shining,then take it away when it begins to rain.

so the motto goes

bank account switched, me still pissed (off) :lol:
    MrG wrote:
    so the motto goes

bank account switched, me still pissed (off) :lol:
    :lol:
    i think their adverts on the tv annoy me more than any other bank could
    MrG wrote:
    i think their adverts on the tv annoy me more than any other bank could
    yea,its all fuckin lies!........i see more of hailey's comet than i see of my branch manger.and its a complete waste of time trying to ring the cunt!......."computer says naaaw" from his secratory....wankers!
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    yea,its all fuckin lies!........i see more of hailey's comet than i see of my branch manger.and its a complete waste of time trying to ring the cunt!......."computer says naaaw" from his secratory....wankers!

i pity the old man who has a bank account these days :no:
    MrG wrote:
    i pity the old man who has a bank account these days :no:
    :confused:
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    :confused:
    wont have to take just his hat off, he has to remember things like a pin number and the sorts
    MrG wrote:
    wont have to take just his hat off, he has to remember things like a pin number and the sorts
    easy for them all to remember their pin no's,its 1945.......ye baseball cap wearing bastards! ;)
    they could also keep their moolah under the floorboards. Except, you're not actually 'allowed' to keep wads of cash, it can get 'confiscated' or somut...
    katralla wrote:
    they could also keep their moolah under the floorboards. Except, you're not actually 'allowed' to keep wads of cash, it can get 'confiscated' or somut...

is that a posh word for stolen :P
    well, stolen is one way of putting it but I didn't mean by burgelars. I though thtat if you had over a certain amount (which I don't know) in cash (or printed paper, whatever) people with guns, government, could confiscate it becasue it's not accounted for and could be from illegal activities and no taxes can be taken from it... Read it in another thread, coulda been klintock?
    i see the point your making and i can understand it, but there would have to be substancial and i mean substancial amounts before that happens, and at least some contrived links as well

or you could just be unlucky and be old with lots of money and live near tunbridge
    depends on what you count as substantial. If an oldie sold their house they'd have a fair bundle init, the money can be 'seized' without a conviction but I think they do need to have reasonable suspicion that the money came from crim activities. I did find this http://observer.guardian.co.uk/business/story/0,6903,1366575,00.html while googling for info oon the above. eek, the money seems no safer in the bank!
    it's the Proceeds of Crime Act and the minimum amount is 5k- I could get that much cash by selling my car. Now obviously I'd get a receipt but, who knows what counts as 'reasonable suspicion'.
    this country is turning out people with traffic warden mentality.
    my missus recently got a ticket in a car park.
    she had paid and displayed but one of her wheels was touchung the white bay line.
    it was only just touching but rules is rules ....

the fact that she had no choice cos the cars at either side were parked badly counted for nothing ...rules is rules after all.
    the world has gone mad.
    little compassion and less common sense.
    it's the Proceeds of Crime Act and the minimum amount is 5k- I could get that much cash by selling my car. Now obviously I'd get a receipt but, who knows what counts as 'reasonable suspicion'.

It's not so much that they take the money, imho. It's that they first take all the money and then you have to prove you earned it "legitimately" i.e. you have paid your taxes, obeyed all regulation and so on. You ae presumed guilty and have to prove your innocence, which is colossally shit.

That's if they don't just steal it from you and keep it and deny they ever met you ofc.
    this country is turning out people with traffic warden mentality.

I know. It's fucking scary. So many people are supporting things they know to be wrong or flawed because "rules are rules", like the application of a universal standard is more important than getting anything done or using your common sense.
    klintock wrote:

I know. It's fucking scary. So many people are supporting things they know to be wrong or flawed because "rules are rules", like the application of a universal standard is more important than getting anything done or using your common sense.

Amen to that
    klintock wrote:

the attitude of why should she/he be treated any differenlty than ..me ...realy gets my goat.
    people have always been treated differently according to circumsatnce but not any longer it would seem.
    it strikes me as being a very immature ...insecure ...irresposnsible ...uncaring attitude.
    the death of diversity and individualism ...even of common sense and decision making.
    robots ...jobs worths.
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    the fucking hat wearing old bastard!!...what a cunt!! i'd have dragged the bitch out!

:thumb:

I think I did a little wee while reading this thread, the irony (!) you lot are fucking hilarious.

As for the times changing, there are indeed...and in no good way. You better start swimmin', or you'll sink like a stone...
    thing is, what would happen if the old woman had intended to hold up the pub, and by not removing her hat, they couldnt identify her on cctv

its happened with a very elderly lady in a post office before, and before you start saying well thats just a stupid hypothetical situation, so is most of the pro smoking theories that have been abndied around in this thread, who also seem to be the same people that think just purely because someone is old is that they are due miles more respect than anyone else

why cant we just give everyone respect and dignity, maybe youths are tearaways because nobody cares much for them anymore, being discriminated just because they are young

its time to respect everyone, not just old people
    About half an hour ago, I looked at the report the Daily Mail had on this. I must admit it gave me a good laugh. She's white, old, middle class... in the Mail's eyes, she's being persecuted. Indeed, it is a case of an old woman whining. :p
    wrinkled20old20woman9dl.jpg

can't smoke ...can't wear a hat ...can't find me teeth ...what did our albert say we fought wars for again?

oldwoman7vp.jpg
    i'd agree that the rule was a bit silly but i don't see how her being a pensioner is an issue. surely it's the same as them asking a middle-aged person. if everyone else has to take their hats off, then so should she.
    I'd rather be in a pub full of smokers than a pub full of be-hatted old ladies, that's for sure!