Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Whining old people

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i don't like fun fairs ...so i stay away from them.
    i don't want funfairs to be banned.

if you don't like being in the company of smokers ...then don't associate with them.
    smokers over here ...none smokers over there ...soimple realy.

a thread about moaning old biddies filled with moaning fucking young biddies!

so i want to go to a pub that does good food and good ale, and none of my friends smoke, and we are made to feel uncomfortable because one person wishes to exercise their freedom to smoke (not a right)
  • Options
    I wasn't sure whether to take your post at face value or not.

Yep.

You'd think some old bint from the WI would know that hats are for wearing outdoors rather than indoors.
    Oh, apparently it's only blokes that should remove it indoors.

Whatever it is, I think the old bag should shut the fuck up and go back to knitting padded coathangers (or whatever they do).
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    so i want to go to a pub that does good food and good ale, and none of my friends smoke, and we are made to feel uncomfortable because one person wishes to exercise their freedom to smoke (not a right)
    well go to a none fucking smoking pub! or tell your friend he aint welcome.
    how simple does it have to get?
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    sure if you own a pub its yoru right to serve any one at any age, any product you wish, and at any time you wish, even if your licence says you cant

so if you are going to disagree with things like smoking bans, why not go the whole flog and abandon all legislation relating to "your pub"

It’s illegal for children to buy alcohol to protect children. I know militant anti-smokers act like children but I don’t think we need legislation to protect them as if they were children...

The indisputable and undeniable fact is that nobody is forced to go to smoky pubs. And while I oppose absolutely any change to the status quo there is also no reason why in premises large enough two separate rooms cannot work. There are lots of places with decent well ventilated non-smoking areas or even total bans, vote with your feet.

It’s not eloquent but I’ve had enough of anti-smoking fascists – really please just fuck off and let us have a cigarette and pint in peace.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    self-righteous old bat.
    an apt description of you i'd of thought.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Should I be?

You can't whinge about publicans losing the right to choose about smoking when you are condemning the publicans for exercising the right to choose what attire can be worn in their pubs.

She should ahve taken her hat off instead of bleating to the papers. How pathetic. And no doubt the publican will have to issue a grovelling apology to be self-righteous old bat.
    what's "pathetic" is the rule itself imo.what fucking harm was she doing?
  • Options
    an apt description of you i'd of thought.

:lol: :yes:
  • Options
    Yep.

You'd think some old bint from the WI would know that hats are for wearing outdoors rather than indoors.
    Oh, apparently it's only blokes that should remove it indoors.

Whatever it is, I think the old bag should shut the fuck up and go back to knitting padded coathangers (or whatever they do).
    very tollerent.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Should I be?

You can't whinge about publicans losing the right to choose about smoking when you are condemning the publicans for exercising the right to choose what attire can be worn in their pubs.

She should ahve taken her hat off instead of bleating to the papers. How pathetic. And no doubt the publican will have to issue a grovelling apology to be self-righteous old bat.

It should be a publican's choice in both instances.

However, you are all for chastising smokers in hotels, pubs, restaurants etc, but are quite willing to call this old dear a whining old bat.
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    very tollerent.

I am the voice of tolerance.
  • Options
    It’s not eloquent but I’ve had enough of anti-smoking fascists – really please just fuck off and let us have a cigarette and pint in peace

ive often had enough with the smoking facists at times as well, argument there goes both ways

how does someones choice or want outweigh someone elses, because they want a cigarette with their pint?

and how is someones choice or want less and subservant because they dont want to have to put up with smoking

its pitting one persons enjoyment against another persons enjoyment, so lets see how many people die from smoke inhilation when they havnt inhaled any cigarette smoke, versus people harming themselves and others around them when they do smoke
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    .what fucking harm was she doing?
    she might have been thinking bad things ...thats enough for a lot of todays intolerant fucking ...idiots.
  • Options
    well go to a none fucking smoking pub! or tell your friend he aint welcome.
    how simple does it have to get?

Now Rolly, you know you can't apply logic to this situation.

We all know there are entrepreneurs all crying out "there is so much demand from the general public for non smoking pubs! So much! Thousands and thousand of people who would be spending money on alcohol if only there was somewhere for them to go"

Oh, I’ve just Googled and apparently you ARE allowed to open a nonsmoking pub anyway! Now come to that i think of it, there is one just down the road. ONE, in the entire city of Sheffield! Why, it must the busiest pub in all the land, packed to the rafters with people who love pubs but just can't stand cigarettes. Oh wait...
  • Options
    The rules (obeying legal stuff) are up to the pub owner. Abandon hats all ye who enter here.

Just because she's a whingy old bugger doesn't mean the rule is different for her.
    People with sense go for pubs without the need for dress code, anyway.
  • Options
    It should be a publican's choice in both instances.

What, is the problem then?
    However, you are all for chastising smokers in hotels, pubs, restaurants etc, but are quite willing to call this old dear a whining old bat.

Yep.

Smoking is a vile habit that shouldn't be forced on anyone.

Wearing a hat inside is retarded, and- as the company rightly point out- does interfere with CCTV identification.

You smoke outside, you wear a hat outside. It's not rocket science.
  • Options
    she might have been thinking bad things ...thats enough for a lot of todays intolerant fucking ...idiots.
    makes me wonder if this thread would have gone the same way if the old dear was asian?
  • Options

We all know there are entrepreneurs all crying out "there is so much demand from the general public for non smoking pubs! So much! Thousands and thousand of people who would be spending money on alcohol if only there was somewhere for them to go"

Oh, I’ve just Googled and apparently you ARE allowed to open a nonsmoking pub anyway! Now come to that i think of it, there is one just down the road. ONE, in the entire city of Sheffield! Why, it must the busiest pub in all the land, packed to the rafters with people who love pubs but just can't stand cigarettes. Oh wait...
    well aint that tough shit?
    if it was popular ...proffitable ...there would be loads of noon smoking pubs ...but cos that aint the reality ...you have to get people with badges and guns to force the situation ...
  • Options

an entire cities worth of non smokers wont come out because of one pub
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    makes me wonder if this thread would have gone the same way if the old dear was asian?

Do all asians wear hats?
  • Options
    if it was popular ...proffitable ...there would be loads of noon smoking pubs

Well it is profitable and popular. But a lot of pubs can't afford to take the risk of the 2-3 months drop in profits before business is restored.

Would you boot out 20% of your customers? Knowing full well the place next door will have them? Not many places would.

As usual, the minority of selfish morons ruin it for everyone else. But hey, what's new.

I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO DO WHAT I WANT AND FUCK THE REST OF THE WORLD.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Yep.

Smoking is a vile habit that shouldn't be forced on anyone.

Wearing a hat inside is retarded, and- as the company rightly point out- does interfere with CCTV identification.

You smoke outside, you wear a hat outside. It's not rocket science.

It's my pub. Don't like the rules? Fuck off else where. I'm not sure but last time i checked it was my business, my property, my rules. Of course with the massive demand for non-smoking pubs you'll have plenty of places to go...
  • Options
    oh my god!
    senile old lady wants to wear a hat ....young people start a hate filled thread saying she is a psyco ...a threat to their way of lives ...sad ...so fucking sad!

some of you ...in our molly coddled cushy little modern world of shiny things and lots and lots ...have seriously lost the plot.

idiot5vc.gif
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Well it is profitable and popular. But a lot of pubs can't afford to take the risk of the 2-3 months drop in profits before business is restored.

Would you boot out 20% of your customers? Knowing full well the place next door will have them? Not many places would.

As usual, the minority of selfish morons ruin it for everyone else. But hey, what's new.

I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO DO WHAT I WANT AND FUCK THE REST OF THE WORLD.

I'm sure if you took all the souless whinging pussies in town you could almost fill a non smoking pub.
  • Options
    oh my god!
    senile old lady wants to wear a hat ....young people start a hate filled thread saying she is a psyco ...a threat to their way of lives ...sad ...so fucking sad!

some of you ...in our molly coddled cushy little modern world of shiny things and lots and lots ...have seriously lost the plot.

idiot5vc.gif

where have i lost the plot in saying that she should be treated like any other member of the public who enters the premesis
  • Options
    Do all asians wear hats?
    very good......asian women can wear clothes that could hide their identity,why not ask them to remove an item of clothing?
  • Options
    It's my pub. Don't like the rules? Fuck off else where.

So if a pub says blacks aren't allowed in, that's fine is it?

Ludicrous.

Shops have a responsibility to protect their staff and customers from dangerous chemicals. If they won't do it themselves- and they've had long enough- then someone has to do it for them.

There is actually a huge demand for non-smoking pubs, about 84% are in favour I believe. I'll google the exact amount later. But no business can afford to kick 16% of its customers out the door. That's the problem.

But hey, we're in a democracy here. The "right" of 1 in 6 obviously overrides the rights of 5 in 6 to not be poisoned to death. How stupid of me to think otherwise.
  • Options
    I'm sure if you took all the souless whinging pussies in town you could almost fill a non smoking pub.
    and guess what ...they'd want safety barriers ...hand rails to the toilet ...
    people who are allergic to wood will demand all pubs are fitted with plastic only ...
  • Options
    oh my god!

Been smoking the funny stuff again mate?

Or is your ability to read English deserting you in your old age?

Woman goes into pub. Is asked to take hat off. She bleats to the papers. That's the behaviour that's pathetic.
  • Options
    and guess what ...they'd want safety barriers ...hand rails to the toilet ...
    people who are allergic to wood will demand all pubs are fitted with plastic only ...

thats the problem, im remaining quite calm and collected about this whole thing

the pro-smoking lobby seem to be the ones going psycho
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    she should be treated like any other member of the public who enters the premesis
    no she shouldn't ...she should be treated as an old lkady and given a little dignity.
    next you'll be demanding that old lad ladies have to wear trainers.