Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

my pretty new car! :D

2»

Comments

• BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    it was £5000, you will be able to get the older model with £3000 though.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    are they good little cars? had any problems i should keep an eye out for?

I haven't had any major probs with it yet, although the mot is being done monday :nervous: .
    Aww Tis very cute. My dad wants me to get a corsa, he loves Vauxhauls for some reason... but I've got my heart set on a Fiat Seicento or Cinquecento :thumb:

Ilora x

Yay, Fiats are cool, I got one .. and they drive pretty good.

Only driven my cousin's Corsa hire car once but that was scarey - it was really hard to get a feel for the road in it.
    Youngbull wrote:
    One of my mates had a yellow one from about 1996 till about last year. For their size they really are quite nippy cars. dont know why but he didn't like it when one of our other friends and me tried to roll it from sitting in the back seat when he went round corners.

Check the BHP Rating - My car is only a 1.2 but when I looked up the stats it's had more BHP then a vectra 1.6 - italian cars have small engine sizes and high output compared to a lot of other makes. Downside is I think the power is heavyily affected by weight so if you have a lot of people in the car you can really feel the difference if the engine is small.

Only driven my cousin's Corsa hire car once but that was scarey - it was really hard to get a feel for the road in it.
    Is it well built? :chin:

Fiats aren't bad cars, so long as you're a qualified electrician. If not, you should be prepared for lots of electric work in many cases.

Corsas are quite different cars - there seems to be a consensus on them having a stiff gas pedal, but in time you get used to it's feel as with any car.

My 1.0 12v has more bhp than a 1.2 8v, again an important factor.

Corsas are good, low insurance group cars, and are very reliable in my experience, and that of other corsa drivers i know. As compared to the two Fiats we have (One punto - awful cars in my experience).
    Doofay wrote:
    Fiats aren't bad cars, so long as you're a qualified electrician. If not, you should be prepared for lots of electric work in many cases.

Corsas are quite different cars - there seems to be a consensus on them having a stiff gas pedal, but in time you get used to it's feel as with any car.

My 1.0 12v has more bhp than a 1.2 8v, again an important factor.

Corsas are good, low insurance group cars, and are very reliable in my experience, and that of other corsa drivers i know. As compared to the two Fiats we have (One punto - awful cars in my experience).

I have a punto :(

You can drive now?! Oh how you've grown :p
    LacyMay wrote:
    I have a punto :(

You can drive now?! Oh how you've grown :p
    I bet its pink and has 213123123 6x9s and subwoofers and a trailer with a light show in it and roof scoops and everything ;(

And i've not shut up about driving for the past god knows how long :p
    Congrats on the car doll Very happy for you :D

But why do you lot all like hatchbacks :yuck:
    Nice corsa.

Booked mine in for MOT and service this morning- cars are never cheap!!!
    Congrats. As beans said, the new ones are a big improvement. Just watch your posture in them. The older one was a cause for a big backache for one of my mates.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    my_name wrote:
    Congrats on the car doll Very happy for you :D

But why do you lot all like hatchbacks :yuck:
    thanks chick...we'll go for a spin one day! if i had a boot its one more thing for me to damage by reversing into something lol
    I've been in the Fiat Posse Massive for a fair few years now. I kinda like 'em, just not when they brake...
    Sidtec wrote:
    Congrats. As beans said, the new ones are a big improvement. Just watch your posture in them. The older one was a cause for a big backache for one of my mates.

The older one actually has pretty good seating imo - My drivers seat has never caused me discomfort except when i've had it set wrong. They even come with a manual explaining the perfect position for sitting in, and are height adjustable.

Oh, and to the OP: Congratulations on the new car :D