Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stress

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm so stressed :(

I'm in my final year at UCL and have so much work to do. I can't wait to finish. I have so many deadlines coming up and so much more to do and the dissertation needs writing and there is so much work I need to do before the exams (some of it I haven't even read yet let alone revised).
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Calm down, try and put things in perspective. Don't panic, I know its easier said than done when you feel work is piling up on you, but stressing about it doesn't make it any better.

Prioritise what work needs doing urgently, and come up with a plan of what you're going to do when. Make sure that you include in the plan times where you are to chill out, relax, go swimming, nap, whatever. It's important that you have time off to relax. Perhaps get together with some other people on your course, work on dissertations toegther, not neccessarily doing the same work, but even just having someone working with you in the library can help.

If you're finding things really difficult try talking to your personal tutor... or a course lecturer at the Uni to see if they can help with deadlines, or generally offer some support. If you want some more 'anonymous' support, try the Uni counselling service (if they have one), or talk to one of your flatmates/friends/family so that they can help.

I'm sorry if this isn't much help, but thought I'd attempt at some advice, but honestly don't worry/stress, try to calm down and look at it logically :)
  • Options
    hey, I'm in my last year too, stress is an inherent feature of any degree unfortunately, I hate the stress, because I'm generally pretty laid back. unfortunately that leads me to leaving things till the last minute :p

so my advice is, start assignments when you recieve them, rather than at the latest time you think you can start them and hand them in on time

*goes off to start assignment for tommorrow*