Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pale skin..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, I realise there is already a post about foundation. But anyway, I have really pale skin, and I would really like to start using foundation. I have noticed before that the cheaper foundations aren't any good, so do you know any good foundations which are under £10? In Bliss magazine it suggests Light Response Skin Smart Liquid Foundation by Prestige Cosmetics, which is from Boots. I'm just wondering if anyone has used this, and of any other good foundations you can recommend?

Thank-you =]

P.S: Also.. I need a good blusher =]

Comments

• Options
    I'm also a bit pale, especially in the winter. I can't really help you with foundations.. I used Maybelline matt mousse for a while, but now its getting brighter outside it looked a bit heavy, so I gave up with it and I'm now using bourjois happy light, which i find blends really nicely with my pale skin and doesn't look like i'm wearing anything at all.

blushers - can't recommend enough bourjois little round pots of blush (i don't work for them honest!) lots of different shades (i have a pinky one and an orangey one) last for ages, stay put for ages and never look powdery or fake. well worth the money (though i get all my make up off the market these days, 3.50 for these blushers and the foundation cost me 4 quid :D )
  • Options
    I'm pasty as the ultra white printing paper :D I just use covergirls clean liquid stuff. About as unfancy as it gets :p I like it cuz its almost translucent ish, like you still get your skin thru it, but it helps with imperfections. Like my mom uses this stuff and it just covers. I went to put this blush on her that barely shows up, just a hint, and it took so much of her natural skin color out that it was like 1980 staring me in the face.
  • Options
    fake tan?
  • Options
    I am currently using Virgin Vie's One Step Face Base in Ivory, the second lightest shade they have. I'm very pale and this one blends very nicely. It's powder. I'd never tried a powder foundation before but it's actually really light and makes your skin feel really soft. I think it was £12.
  • Options
    pinkvans wrote:
    I'm now using bourjois happy light, which i find blends really nicely with my pale skin and doesn't look like i'm wearing anything at all.

i second this. in fact, i actually really like all the bourjois foundations.

i also used almay skin stays clean for a while and really liked that too.

my favourite blusher is a gel stick one by ruby and millie, but boots have got similar ones in the natural collection for dirt cheap.

i've got one of the little bourjois ones, and it works well and looks nice, but i can't get on with the overpowering granny perfume smell :no:
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    i second this. in fact, i actually really like all the bourjois foundations.

i also used almay skin stays clean for a while and really liked that too.

my favourite blusher is a gel stick one by ruby and millie, but boots have got similar ones in the natural collection for dirt cheap.

i've got one of the little bourjois ones, and it works well and looks nice, but i can't get on with the overpowering granny perfume smell :no:

i like the smell :razz: but i definately smell like a granny, as i also sometimes use maxfactor creme puff and nivea - just like my nonna.

i tried the stick-type thing from natural collection - the red one - was nice but a bit too red for me, looked like a raggy doll!
  • Options
    __tink wrote:
    P.S: Also.. I need a good blusher =]
    Benefit blushers are wonderful :D I love mine... :love:

Ilora x
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    fake tan?
    Yeh, if you wanna look like :cool: << that. :yuck:

Ilora x
  • Options
    i use boots bronzing balls (haha) cos i'm so pale i tend to look ill if i don't have colour in my cheeks! and find they mke me look less like 'mummys make up' fell on my face like blusher does
  • Options
    I usually mix my foundation with a touch of moisturiser to make it a lighter consistency, and then if I'm looking pale I put some cream blusher on underneath the foundation - it looks much more natural because the colour seems to come 'through' the skin....
  • Options
  • Options
    I usually mix my foundation with a touch of moisturiser to make it a lighter consistency, ....

Oh yes, my sister does that, it looks wonderful and does great.
  • Options
    I usually mix my foundation with a touch of moisturiser to make it a lighter consistency.

this works really well with cream and gel blushers too if the colour is too strong for your paleness :yes: