Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I totaly feel like I'm 12 here...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So new guy at work. Best co worker I've ever had. Hes funny and fun, we go out to lunch all the time (its quite a common thing so its not like thats ever been leading) and a few times we've smoked and stuff after lunch (which isn't common, but since its a common interest that I dont indulge in very often anymore, why not) So I we have alot of fun and it makes work enjoyable. However today he confessed to me that he had like the little crush thing on me. Was real dissaopinted and such when he found out the picture of me on myd esk was with the boyfriend. I know hes gonig thru a divorce and all that so its probably just that talking and I told him how yeah, my guy is great and it is flattering and I do have fun at work but thats it. But now, even though he hasn't acted any different I just feel all ackward inside. Just a bit uncomfortalbe. How can I deal with this?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The only thing you can possibly do is quit your job. Or kill the co-worker. Or dump your boyfriend. Or all three. Good luck.
    or just try your best to get on with things the way they were before things like this started

the guy is probly just having misplaced adoration for you while he goes through this divorce
    MrG wrote:

the guy is probly just having misplaced adoration for you while he goes through this divorce

I know thats all it is, but i'm just not the kind of person people like and then it gets really weird for me :p I'm just weird. Eventually the weirdness shall go away, eh?
    Also, how old are you and how old is he?

Also, quit smoking. It's a filthy habit.
    my_name wrote:
    I know thats all it is, but i'm just not the kind of person people like and then it gets really weird for me :p I'm just weird. Eventually the weirdness shall go away, eh?
    I can't assure you it will go away, but for now, try and be as normal as possible with the guy, still be nice to him, go out to lunch and everything - because if you feel awkward I bet it's much worse for him.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Brave Dave wrote:
    The only thing you can possibly do is quit your job. Or kill the co-worker. Or dump your boyfriend. Or all three. Good luck.

Hmmmm, not the most helpful response. There's being funny and there's just going that bit too far. Please try to be sensitive to peoples issues.
    Brave Dave wrote:
    Also, how old are you and how old is he?
    I think they are both in their 60s.
    Yikes! It's a Brave Dave Quoting Orgy.
    **Helen** wrote:
    Hmmmm, not the most helpful response. There's being funny and there's just going that bit too far. Please try to be sensitive to peoples issues.
    Look, the very fact that she's asking for advice from people on the Internet suggests that it's perhaps not the most serious issue My_Name ever had to deal with and I'm guessing that my silly yet completely harmless reply to her won't cause her too much grief. Not only that but the problem at hand i.e. My_Name feeling a bit awkward around someone because they told her they liked her, is such a mild problem that there's virtually no real answer to it. If she feels awkward around him then either tell him or don't hang around him any more or just hide it and cope with it. The answers are so fantastically obvious and mundane.

Saying that my post went "too far" is just... too far. C'mooooon, it really didn't.

A high-5 to you all! :yippe:
    Brave Dave wrote:
    the very fact that she's asking for advice from people on the Internet suggests that it's perhaps not the most serious issue My_Name ever had to deal with
    Not talking specifically about my_name here but many of the posters on thesite do come here to ask for advice with the most serious of problems. Sometimes it's easier to ask anonomously on the internet than it is to talk to people in real life about it.
    Brave Dave wrote:
    Yikes! It's a Brave Dave Quoting Orgy.

Look, the very fact that she's asking for advice from people on the Internet suggests that it's perhaps not the most serious issue My_Name ever had to deal with and I'm guessing that my silly yet completely harmless reply to her won't cause her too much grief. Not only that but the problem at hand i.e. My_Name feeling a bit awkward around someone because they told her they liked her, is such a mild problem that there's virtually no real answer to it. If she feels awkward around him then either tell him or don't hang around him any more or just hide it and cope with it. The answers are so fantastically obvious and mundane.

Saying that my post went "too far" is just... too far. C'mooooon, it really didn't.

A high-5 to you all! :yippe:

Do you really have to ridicule absolutely everyone? Please, just grow up. You can't justify all your stupid comments with "oh, it doesn't matter, it's only the internet". Some people actually use thesite for reasons other than to waste time or have a laugh.
    Brave Dave wrote:
    Look, the very fact that she's asking for advice from people on the Internet suggests that it's perhaps not the most serious issue My_Name ever had to deal with and I'm guessing that my silly yet completely harmless reply to her won't cause her too much grief.

Do you really understand what this site is here for? The very fact that she's asking for advice from people on the Internet suggests to me that she wants to get some good advice from people she can trust not to judge her, and who tell her what they honestly think.

It's fair enough having a joke now and again, but at the end of the day thesite is here to help people who have problems. No matter how trivial or small you may consider them to be, to others (especially the ones experiencing them) they can be far from trivial or small. So have a bit of condsideration.
    I'm just going to check back to my original post in this thread to see if it was in anyway harmful/offensive/upsetting/cruel/inhuman/demonic.

*checks*

Nope, it wasn't. Not even slightly.

I think everyone should stop using up their energy telling me that I'm the anti-christ because I didn't take someone's minor problem fully seriously and instead concentrate it on answering My_Name's dilemma.

*checks again*

Whoa, actually, don't worry about it, I already gave every conceivable answer there is in one sentence:
    Brave Dave wrote:
    If she feels awkward around him then either tell him or don't hang around him any more or just hide it and cope with it.

I hope that we are now all best friends.
    helen is a moderator, she runs this place, her word is the final word

if you really dont like it, dont bother
    Brave Dave wrote:

Its a bit drastic lol but you know...
    MrG wrote:
    helen is a moderator, she runs this place, her word is the final word

if you really dont like it, dont bother
    See, now that's dangerous talk. "Don't ever question authority, no matter what they say, even if you do so politely and constructively".

But yes, peace and good will to you. I don't wish to pick e-fights with Big People or even tiny people for that matter. I'm a pacifist.
    id carry on as normal if i were you, to do otherwise will make it more uncomfortable im sure if he has any maturity in him he will let things be as they were b4 he "confessed" to you!

goodluck xx
    HI, its good that brave dave wants to participate, in this site there is no harm in reading or answering threads, however, it seems that if it is believed to be "minor" for some, no answers are necessary, unless you can offer compassion or advice there is no point in commenting on everything!! :yes:
    Is this monocrat on valium?

But thanks guys, hes not acting weird or different so why should i feel it, eh. Reading thru I'm feeling better thanks :)

And Dave, this is totally the biggest dilema my life has ever had, except for that time I had a hangnail and didn't have a clippers with me! :shocking:
    is he a fox?
    Hes actually very hot :p
    ooooh, eye-candy that fancies you!!!
    Hows it going with your man though? is it still rough?
    Oh its all grand. Once I got out of my no medicine i can give any unstable nutcase a good run for thier money phase its all been good. I wouldn't trade our routine evenings of law and order and staring blankley as he tells me about computery type stuff for anything (wow, do i have a fever?) :p
    christele wrote:
    HI, its good that brave dave wants to participate, in this site there is no harm in reading or answering threads, however, it seems that if it is believed to be "minor" for some, no answers are necessary, unless you can offer compassion or advice there is no point in commenting on everything!! :yes:
    See, now that is a good moderator post. No elitism, no power-tripping, no rudeness and a fair understanding of both sides of the case at hand. Word up! Christele, I tip my hat to you.
    My_Name wrote:
    And Dave, this is totally the biggest dilema my life has ever had, except for that time I had a hangnail and didn't have a clippers with me!
    :thumb: I also thoroughly respect a sense of humour. Big up that girl too.

*fades out of thread*