Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

paypal...any online shops take it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well ive got into the strange position where i have over £100 in my paypal account and ive got nothing to spend it on, cant find anything on ebay whatsoever that i'd like to buy...

does anyone know any websites that accept paypal as payment???

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I accept Paypal. :D

I cant think of anyone on the High Street that does , can you not put it back in your bank account?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i'd rather spend it if i can, because dont you lose a percentage when you put it back into your account?

what will you give me in return for paypal jst?
    koe_182 wrote:
    i'd rather spend it if i can, because dont you lose a percentage when you put it back into your account?

what will you give me in return for paypal jst?
    doofay
    http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_shop-ext

I managed to locate this page on the paypal site. It seems as though shops offering electricals, clothing, gifts, anything really will accept paypal.

Hope it helps.
    koe_182 wrote:
    well ive got into the strange position where i have over £100 in my paypal account and ive got nothing to spend it on, cant find anything on ebay whatsoever that i'd like to buy...

Ebay?
    koe_182 wrote:

Why not just transfer it to your bank account and then take it out and spend it in any shop you like. I think all shops accept money :p
    If Klintock were a shop he wouldn't.
    hmmm im sure i put i couldnt find anything on ebay i wanted...and i dont wanna pay charges for putting it in my account really, i'd rather get something if i could find something decent. maybe i'll just leave it till i think of something off ebay i want
    But for £50 or more it cost nothing. And less that £50 is 25p if I remember rightly.

:)
    NinjaMaster is spot on.

PayPal charges you if you receive money from somewhere but it doesn't cost anything to withdraw it into your bank account (if it's £50 or more).

As for your dilemma about not knowing what to spend your money on, I got an email today from General Mombassa of the Nigerian Army who informs me he's just come across twenty eight billion billion dollars worth of gold and if I send him £100 then he'll gladly share half of it with me. I don't have £100 right now but you sure do. I'll pass his address to you if you want. It's the investment opportunity of a lifetime, for real, £100 for $14,000,000,000,000,000,000. You can't go wrong.
    bodyexposed and bigboycondoms both do....
    But for £50 or more it cost nothing. And less that £50 is 25p if I remember rightly.

:)

Thats right, just transfer it to your bank account.
    Brave Dave wrote:
    As for your dilemma about not knowing what to spend your money on, I got an email today from General Mombassa of the Nigerian Army who informs me he's just come across twenty eight billion billion dollars worth of gold and if I send him £100 then he'll gladly share half of it with me. I don't have £100 right now but you sure do. I'll pass his address to you if you want. It's the investment opportunity of a lifetime, for real, £100 for $14,000,000,000,000,000,000. You can't go wrong.

:lol:
    i managed to spend some on ebay last night and now im withdrawing the rest, thanks for the advice anyway, i really think there should be more websites that take paypal tho....
    i really think there should be more websites that take paypal tho....

Well the reason why there aren't is that PayPal charges more for transactions than other credit card payment systems.

Due to these other payment systems being a bit awkward to set up and often requiring a minimum amount of transaction per month PayPal appeals to a huge amount of people because it's so easy to set up and use. If you're just buying and selling a few little things here and there then PayPal is your best bet. But if you have a proper business and dealing with a lot of money then you're better off getting another payment system as they will charge you less than PayPal.

That's why most established businesses don't do PayPal but millions and millions of everyday people -like you and I and the milkman- do.

Thank you for your time :hyper:
    Why not just withdraw it?
    Shush, Felix. That's far too simple and logical.
    If Klintock were a shop he wouldn't.

:lol:

made my day!

oh, and what did you buy felix?
This discussion has been closed.