Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

american troops have invaded iran!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's a bit different this time though, isn't it?

If Saddam could make it rain metal the way the US can for months on end he would have walked it. Especially if there is a nuclear "accident" on iranian soil.

Oh and Bush decides nothing.

It's either claim all the oil for the dollar or face up to the biggest bankruptcy in history.
    Voodoo Ray wrote:
    I don't think even Bush is insane enough to think a replay of the Iran-Iraq war is a good idea.

His attempt to take care of his daddy's unfinished business didn't go so well, he's not likely to have decided to take care of Saddam's unfinished business too.
    it never was saddams bizz ...he was playing for america.
    he was our buddy ...we spent billions on him.

and i don't see it as daddies unfinnished bizz but reagans.
    it never was saddams bizz ...he was playing for america.

The Iran/Iraq war wasn't completely an American creation - the Mesopotamians and the Persians were fighting over land thousands of years before Columbus.
    Walkindude wrote:
    No aladdin I am sick of peopel ike you you who go around slagging everyone else off, the usa and say they that 9/11 was their fault, but then quikcyly say "oh but I don't mean the dying part". Its cowardly and hypocritical.
    No. YOU have been the one who claimed I was suggesting anyone deserved to die, not me. Not for the first fucking time, you misinterpret me and put words into my mouth. It's getting rather tiresome.
    You said they wonder why people want to fly into buildings in planes, its a dipolmatic way of saying they deserved it.
    Bullshit. Go back to reading comprehension school.
    this is rela people dying coz fo some fundamentalist movement. Real dangers and all you can do is mkse up ridiclous conspiracy theories because your so PC and so prejudice that you blame the people that tried to protect them.
    What conspiracy theories?
    People who are affected by grief do strange things, they blame people and the US government is an easy target to blame. Always has been, just like any democratic government.
    LOL!

You're the Barrel Bottom Scrapping Master, you are. :D
    Time to wake up and smell the coffee. the government is not the bad guys and even though they aren't perfect, they are way better then the alternative.
    The US government is one of the bad guys. This everyone in the world knows and happily admits, other than the most fundamentalist Republican neocons. And you.
    How could the USA be a "worthy" target, when they were allies of some of the same people that are attacking them now? They aided Osama and others in their bid for "independance" and "freedom" against the Russians. Why did the USA deserve to get turned on? They didn't. Osama and Al-Quida are a dangerous, intelligent, fundamental group otu to reap as much death and damgage as they can. That is a fact.
    No one "deserves" to have thousands of their civilians killed. YOU are the only one suggesting that.

Incidentally, the Iranians do not deserve to be bombed to fuck either. And yet you haven't said a single word of disapproval about killingismybiz's (nice username :rolleyes: ) "It's time to bomb Iran :D " comments.

What makes you think the Iranians deserved that? Given that the many tens of thousands will likely be killed, as they were in Iraq, what makes you think the Iranians deserve ten 9/11s?

You give a new meaning to the world hypocrite.
    God you talk crap its not even worth bothering replying to.

I didn't comment on killinbiz's post as he was obviuously trying to wind people up so not point.

and newsflash. IRAN HASN'T BEEN BOMBED YET!!!

Can't condemn something that hasn't happened.

You are just like every other sheep thinking your indivdual when actually you are the biggest conformist of all.

You can't take back what you said. You gave a dimplomatic answer that said those people desreved to die. You disgust me.
    Walkindude wrote:
    God you talk crap its not even worth bothering replying to.

I didn't comment on killinbiz's post as he was obviuously trying to wind people up so not point.

and newsflash. IRAN HASN'T BEEN BOMBED YET!!!
    What the fuck has that got to do with people wishing it were bombed?

You can comment on such wishes, can you not???

Or could it be that you don't want to comment on them? :rolleyes:

You are just like every other sheep thinking your indivdual when actually you are the biggest conformist of all.
    Mr Kettle...
    You can't take back what you said. You gave a dimplomatic answer that said those people desreved to die. You disgust me.
    Stop lying. Stop putting words into my mouth. Tosser.
    Its what you said, whatever way you splice it. Thats what it means.

I am the most non conformist guy you could meet. If I was more conformist I'd probably have a better time of it.

He didn't wish though did he? He just said drop the bombs and did a smily face. It didn't require a comment.
    Aladdin wrote:
    What the fuck has that got to do with people wishing it were bombed?

You can comment on such wishes, can you not???

Or could it be that you don't want to comment on them? :rolleyes:

Mr Kettle...

Stop lying. Stop putting words into my mouth. Tosser.
    Aladdin ...give up now mate or you'll be as bald as me!
    lol! Good advice
    Walkindude wrote:
    Its what you said, whatever way you splice it. Thats what it means.

I am the most non conformist guy you could meet. If I was more conformist I'd probably have a better time of it.

He didn't wish though did he? He just said drop the bombs and did a smily face. It didn't require a comment.
    So let me get this straight. You don't see anything wrong and refuse to comment about someone who's saying it's time to bomb Iran and is appears to be happy at the prospect, but start raging about about another comment that reflects on US foreign policy and the illegal actions it has conducted over the years, and the consequences it has for the American people.

Your double standards are actually on a par with the US government's. Which is saying something.
    One person deliberatly winding people up by putting a post in some form of irreverant humour requires no comment by me.

Someone saying America had it coming on 9/11 and so excusing the deaths of thusands of innocent people in a terrorists attack (even if its not said in so many words)

then that is worth me commenting on.
    How do you know it was a 'funny' comment?

I have encountered enough posters over the years who are/would be happy to bomb places like Iraq or Iran. Members of the armed forces in particular appear to be quite prone to such comments.

And if you don't care about funny comments, I wonder if you would have also declined to comment if I, or anyone else, had made a funny comment about how it was time to fly another plane into another US building.

You know fully well you have 'commented' on it, and raved about such horrific tasteless jokes talking about the deaths of innocents. Wouldn't you?

However such outrage is not needed if we're only joking about lowly Middle Easterns, it would appear.
    I never used the word "funny" and nor did I say it was.

Don't make this a race thing.
    Latest news from the State Dept (I like having friends in medicore positions of power):

The US is looking at 3 broad choices. which are as follows:

1) Let the EU deal with it

It has the merit of not costing much. However, the Trio of France, the UK and Germany have little military muscle and can only threaten so many sanctions and cannot promise to keep Israel on a tight leash.

2) Let Israel deal with it.

Apparently, the basis of this idea is that we let Israel set the Middle East on fire. Presumably then Israel somehow seperates and floats out and away from the danger zone, while everyone else lives in bunkers to avoid the terrorist backlash.

3) US invasion

Problems with this include Iraq, Irans far higher number of barefoot orphans able to blow things up, Iraq, terrorism, Iraq, lack of troops, Iraq, Iranian terrain, Iraq, the Persian Gulf turning into a shooting zone, Iraq and the Shia Crescent going up in flames. Oh, and Iraq.
    american troops have invaded iran!
    "american troops have invaded iran!"
    just practising ok ...
    This is actually old news. American troops have apparently been in Iran for many months.

Seymour Hersh (broke the Mai Lai Massacre-Vietnam) is a journalist who reported that there were covert American Special Forces in Iran, marking targets and carrying out other reconnaissance measures.
    https://registration.ft.com/registration/barrier?referer=http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=Seymour+Hersh+iran&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&location=http%3A//news.ft.com/cms/s/671eed44-6864-11d9-9183-00000e2511c8.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4180087.stm

Unless there is another false flag operation big enough to engage the Selective Service, Iran will not be attacked.

I think it is more likely that some kind of computer virus will infest the oil bourse and discredit the Iranian operation by losing billions in trading.
    Gothmar wrote:
    This is actually old news. American troops have apparently been in Iran for many months.

yup i've read that ...not exactly an invasion though.
    Seriously Aladdin, i think in this particular thread you are actually putting words in Walkindudes mouth, not him doing it to you. He has a point after all, why comment on some tosser making an irrelivent comment that is ridiculous and allow him to get what he wants which is a rise out of someone.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Eeh! Iran! Wont be long, and it'll be even worse than Iraq!

We'll be overstreched... and all it takes is one opportunist to jump on that!
    Don't worry... I got plans for when no body's watching the home front...
    There were several mistakes with Hersh's article, just so you know. He's a good reporter, but even he can make mistakes.

By the way, war is DEFINITLY on:

Links for war with Iran:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/07/AR2006030700739.html

http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/washington/index.ssf?/base/politics-9/1141750495264860.xml&storylist=washington

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2005/2/8/162701.shtml

Also, the USA AC-130 gunships are being deployed back into Iraq. These are far too powerful to be used as counter-insurgent weapons. Plus AWACs are also there.

The deal has gone down and you are all officially fucked. Blair will follow Bush in (Jack Straw didnt rule out military intervention), and the British troops are pretty stretched as it is. We will need extra troops just to keep southern Iraq pacified, let alone going into Iran. A bombing campaign will not stop the program, because half of it is hidden under sand in the desert. There is open talk on US political forums about the draft being reintroduced.
    Aladdin wrote:
    And then they wonder why people want to fly planes into their buildings... :rolleyes:
    Justified? The reason I'd want to bomb them is because they flew planes into our buildings.
    Justified? The reason I'd want to bomb them is because they flew planes into our buildings.

Who are these mysterious "them"? Are we talking about Al-Qaeda and affiliates here, or the citizens of countries they reside in?
    Gothmar wrote:

Also shown was this Chieftain MBT, one of several hundred still in service with the Iranian Army
    :thumb: Cheiftan! So THAT's what we did with them! Ace!
    T-72 upgraded with ERA in Iran...T-72Z, a T-55 MBT upgraded in Iran by addition of the ERA...
    Woo for old Soviet stuff!
    Boraq IFV, reverse-engineered BMP-1 with local modifications....
    With the crappest gun I've seen since the M-113.
    The Iranians did? That's certainly news to the entire world.

Do you have any evidence for such extraordinary claims? Or is that you see all people from the region, regardless of their race and nationality, as one big bunch of evil terrorists?
    Aladdin wrote:
    The Iranians did? That's certainly news to the entire world.

Do you have any evidence for such extraordinary claims? Or is that you see all people from the region, regardless of their race and nationality, as one big bunch of evil terrorists?

Iranians aren't even Arabs, which is what makes his comments most amusing. Iran has actually killed and captured several AQ operatives, though the general consensus is that they are playing a double game, as AQ are dangerous to both their interests and the USA's.

But expect a propaganda campaign soon about Iranian terror connections. They do have links to Shiite militias in Iraq, Hezbollah, Hamas and most European radical groups. That will be played up alot, even though Iran has mostly abided by its 1996 renunciation of terrorism for political goals.
    Cain wrote:
    Iranians aren't even Arabs, which is what makes his comments most amusing. Iran has actually killed and captured several AQ operatives, though the general consensus is that they are playing a double game, as AQ are dangerous to both their interests and the USA's.

But expect a propaganda campaign soon about Iranian terror connections. They do have links to Shiite militias in Iraq, Hezbollah, Hamas and most European radical groups. That will be played up alot, even though Iran has mostly abided by its 1996 renunciation of terrorism for political goals.

The thing is - Saddam was even anti-Al-Qaeda... which makes the American Terrorist allegations so much funnier!
    MrG wrote:
    what, they suddenly found 250,000 non corrupt iraqi's that would work together without killing each other

i think we should post lots in this thread, people will see its active, get scared, and then come in
    Damn. :blush:
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    The thing is - Saddam was even anti-Al-Qaeda... which makes the American Terrorist allegations so much funnier!

Troof! I actually read some of the declassified, "incriminating" evidence. It dates back to 1996, where the Sudan forced AQ to make a truce with Saddam, in order to continue enjoying the hospitality of their country. Thats the links between Iraqi intelligence and AQ. Nothing more. A truce, forced by their host.
    Cain wrote:
    Troof! I actually read some of the declassified, "incriminating" evidence. It dates back to 1996, where the Sudan forced AQ to make a truce with Saddam, in order to continue enjoying the hospitality of their country. Thats the links between Iraqi intelligence and AQ. Nothing more. A truce, forced by their host.

I thought the link was that Iraq and Al-Qaeda both contain A and Q? :p

Sigh. America does make me laugh... but also makes me cry. Silly sods.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I thought the link was that Iraq and Al-Qaeda both contain A and Q? :p

Sigh. America does make me laugh... but also makes me cry. Silly sods.

You'll be crying alot more when American Imperium comes to your doorstep. I wish more people read Roman history and connected the dots...