Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ok all you lovely people

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have what looks like bags under my eyes even if i have had a decent nights sleep. I am assuming i can't get rid of them without drastic measures (correct me if i'm wrong), so how can i hide them without plastering lots of un nessesary gunk all over my face?

Comments

• Options
    My friend's got some stuff you put under your eyes. It's expensive but it lasts for ages as you use a tiny bit under your usual makeup. It's pale green but I don't know what it's called or what make it is. I don't wear makeup but when she attacked me with the stuff it worked amzingly.
    Sorry I don't know details. Could find out if you were interested?!
  • Options
    I heard Kate Moss uses haemorrhoid (sp?) cream to tighten her bags.
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote:

:eek2:
  • Options
    I use this: Nivea Visage Anti-Shadow Eye Cream twice a day which seems to help.

88a6edcb6a5528c41fc7d095fe87b537.jpg
  • Options
    yeh i'm sure my mum has some green camouflage looking stuff in her make up bag!

it might be worth while going to one of the more expensive make up counters and asking them how you can hide them a bit without looking like a wally.
  • Options
    Yves saint Laurent (probably not spelt right but YSL) do a product called Touche Eclat, which is a highlighter type thing that is good for bag under your eyes. Is quite expensive, about £20, but cheaper ones can be got from ebay
  • Options
    H-face wrote:
    Yves saint Laurent (probably not spelt right but YSL) do a product called Touche Eclat, which is a highlighter type thing that is good for bag under your eyes. Is quite expensive, about £20, but cheaper ones can be got from ebay
    I swear by it. It's fantastic.

Just a note to say, never use coloured concealers. All the top makeup artists recommend you stick to yellow toned concealers - not green ones, purple ones or pink ones, becase in the end, they just make you look green, purple and pink :yes: The don't hide bags/blemishes they just turn your face green.

Ilora x
  • Options
    H-face wrote:

Boots No.7 do a simular thing which is about £11.
  • Options
  • Options
    Yes there are Sugar, for the No.7 ones shade 2 is darker then shade 1, I persume its something to do with the darkness of your skin or the darkness of the shadow under your eye.
  • Options
    well ive bidded on the YSL one on ebay! yay!
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote:

:yes: I've heard this, too, from several people. It really works apparently, depends if you're up to trying it out!
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    :yes: I've heard this, too, from several people. It really works apparently, depends if you're up to trying it out!

The first hurdle would be buying it!! Not something I could do.
  • Options
    H-face wrote:

The Body Shop and Virgin Vie both do their own versions which are pretty good.