Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sleeping

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey

Does anyone on here LOVE there sleep and have particular tiredness issues. Thesedays I can sleep for 10 hrs and stilll get up and go bk to bed again. I just wanna sleep all the time.

Is there something wrong with me?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah me! I don't know if I'm just lazy, its the medication I'm on or my bed is just toooo comfortable I can't get out. I can easily sleep 10-12 hours a night. eek
    hehe

My uncle says its comething to do with being a libra ( as me and him are the same star sign) lol, apparently we all like our sleep.

I dont know, its great lol
    i guess it depends if you just like to sleep lots or if you actually NEED to sleep lots...
    yup. i do, these days.

it doesn't matter how much or little i sleep, when i wake up i always feel like i haven't slept.
    This is weird - if I go to bed around 11.30/12am and get up around 9.30/10am, I'm always tired. However, if I go to bed around 9.30pm and am awake from about 6am, I'm not tired. Anyone know why this is please?
    Sometimes you can have too much sleep, which can make things worse.
    I go through phases. For a while I hardly sleep at all. No matter how hard I try I can't sleep until about 5 - 6 am and wake up at 9 - 10 am at the latest. Then it flips and I'm constantly tired, easily sleeping all day, waking up to get food and going back to sleep again. I can't get out my bed and when I do I can't stay awake. It can last from a couple of days to a couple of months.
    Last 2 days Ive been tired again. Yesterday I could barely stay awake, fell asleep on the train and in the taxi and was out cold as soon as my head hit the pillow. Today I was late for uni, fell asleep in class and went to sleep when I got home. Just woke up there and my heads feels like moosh. Could easily go back to sleep but I need to do some work.

I dunno why it is *shrugs* Half the time I love my bed, the other half I hate it :p

*apologies for just woke up rambling...*
    Some people need lots of sleep... I'm one of those... I can sleep anytime, for ages. If i don't have enough sleep i get moody so have to catch up with early nights and have some naps.

My sleeping pattern has become messed up since coming to Uni... so am constantly tired and trying to catch up on sleep.
    In the autumn of last year I was asleep for about 20 hours per day.
    I love my sleep. I mean, who doesn't.
    If ya sleep for more than 10 hours (Assuming ya aint on any medication, etc) You're just plain lazy, like me :p
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I am the same at the moment... but sometimes I rarely sleep at all! I have gone to bed at 8 last night, slept until 10! lol!
    There are obviously many reasons for differing sleeping patterns some as far-ranging as say iron deficiency or sleep apnea whereby you could sleep all night without getting the restoring rest you need.
    You could check out the sleepnet website for some interesting theories or find out more from TheSite
    TheSite Sleep Factsheet

Sleep Tight!