Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hoodies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How many time when your out shopping do you get told to take the hood down? It drives Me nuts, it's supposed to be hoods and hats, but they never get pulled up.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    only ever have the hood up outside if its fecking freeeezing
    I don't wear the hood up. So never.
    I don't wear the hood up. So never.
    Don't you8 get chilly ears?
    No. I have a lot of hair :p
    No. I have a lot of hair :p
    :lol: Me too but I err... wear it up? :confused:
    I've only got two hoodies (one an Airwalk one and other is FooFighters). The Foo's one doesn't fit anymore so dont wear it. The airwalk on only really wear around the house when i'm in my slobby/comfy mood.

I think the reason they ask people to take the hoods down when going into shops, is because of some yobs wear them to hide their faces. Or at least i remember reading something to that effect in the paper last year
    I dont get why you'd have your hood up in a shop anyway, surely you cant hear and see aswell with it up?

Or maybe that's just me and my oversized furry hood that walks into stuff.
    Ive got a heap of hoodies but I only wear the hood up if im outside and its cold, once im in a shop I take it down because theres no need to have it up then.
    I dont get why you'd have your hood up in a shop anyway, surely you cant hear and see aswell with it up?

Or maybe that's just me and my oversized furry hood that walks into stuff.
    I was walking in from the freeeeeeeeezing cold, took two steps and "could you take you hood down please". Fair enough but inside there were guys with hats, hoods & and even hood and hat combo :confused: . Maybe I look meanicing. :D
    your-babe wrote:
    Don't own any!!! Apart from the hood on my coat, which has given me a nickname!
    Come on what is it?
    I dont think there's any need to have them up in a shop, i work in one an find it really rude an off putting if some one has it up, makes you look a bit dodgey too.
    It's probably cos they think people with their hoods up indoors in a shop or something are doing so in order to obscure a cameras view of their face. I mean why else would you put a hood up where it's warm and dry?!
    your-babe wrote:
    Do I have to? :blush:
    :yes: Say it quietly.

Well you don't if you don't wan't to. :)
    in the club i work in, we always ask people to take hats off, cause we cant get an id on them if we have to use cctv to identify anyone
    Don't wear my hood up inside so no.
    Hoodies are awsome but I've never actually seen anybody (minus the "thugs" and even they don't do it that often) that actually wear the hood :eek2: Gross.

Unless its raining/snowing outside, and you are outside at the time.
    People who wear hoodies up indoors are normally doing it to hide their face, for whatever reason.

And given what happened in Leamington Spa, I think it's fair enough.
    I wouldnt wear a hoodie with the hood up unless it was a) raining or b) i was a 14 year old thug about to mug someone.
    i'd wear a hood up pretty often if im outside, and i usually have a cap on too .. but i'd take it down before i went into a shop etc .. isnt it pretty obvious why they wouldnt want you to wear a hood up in a shop ?

in saying that they dont usually say too much about a cap, but its happened a few times ... its just down to how dodgy you look to the security
    I think it's fair enough unless they say it as soon as you walk through the door. If I've got my hood up it's usually becaues it's raining or cold and I take it down once I'm in. It annoys me when they pounce on you 2 steps in the door.
    2 steps into the building is the same as 10 steps into the building, you are still inside
    True but it's a bit much when it's obvious you've got it up due to it pissing down with rain and you're in the process of taking it down.
    i guess you got a fair point, but if they are going to pounce on yobs coming in, its only fair everyone else gets pounced on as well
    Fair enough but inside there were guys with hats, hoods & and even hood and hat combo :confused: .

MrG wrote:
    i guess you got a fair point, but if they are going to pounce on yobs coming in, its only fair everyone else gets pounced on as well

sounds really fair!
    MrG wrote:

I agree but it still bugs me :p
    Lolzabeth wrote:
    I agree but it still bugs me :p
    hence where i said you had a fair point, and then made my point :lol:
    MrG wrote:
    hence where i said you had a fair point, and then made my point :lol:

I know. I was confirming it or something....
    shush, I know I make no sense :p
    id agree with you there ;)

but i know i would only end up worse because of it :yum:
    MrG wrote:
    :yum:
    :yum:
    The only hood I have is on my coat. If it's raining outside, or it's freezing cold, yes, I can see why you'd wear one, but in any other conditions, what's the point? When I'm out, I'll put it on, but the second I enter a shop like Tesco, for instance, I take it down as I don't need it anymore.