Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Really Nervous.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I have my 'initial assessment' for college 2moro and I'm peeing myself. Any ideas what will happen? It says in the letter 'it will last approx 1 hour 15 mins and will be a mixture of written and computer tasks'....

I'm sooo nervous :crazyeyes

Ilora x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm not sure what'll happen, what course are you being assessed for?

Good luck anyway! :thumb:
    Thanks! It's a Diploma in Theatrical and Media Makeup Artistry....

It's really annoying me, I have GCSE's, A levels and other qualifications, but instead, I have to prove my literacy on one of their tests :impissed: I'm overqualified for a diploma as it is :yeees:
    Doesn't help my nerves :no:

Ilora x
    Yeah, it will probably just be a computer/general literacy thing, they do them at our local college - questions on a computer program to test how well you listen to instruction (i.e that you don't answer before the question is finished etc), how good your understanding, literacy, numeracy etc are.

I think they're pretty par for the course when enrolling at a college these days, so I'm sure you'll pass it with flying colours. Let us know! :D
    Thanks! Will do...

Mum's treating me with a night out at the cinema afterwards to see Casanova coz she knows how nervous and upset I get after exams n things, bless her :heart:

Ilora x
    Don't worry about it one bit because it is very straight forward and just tests what stage you are at. I did one before starting my diploma and they are only basic tests on english and maths things like finish the sentance and maths questions.
    I too was over qualified for my diploma and had no problem with these tests so i would try not to worry.
    Don't really know what they'll ask you to do as such, but some of my Uni interviews were over an hour long, and when i heard that i started panicking. However, it did go realy quickly, and some of it will consist of them talking at you about the course and stuff, we then had to do group activities, written tests as well as the interview, which actually went really quick.. So it wont be as bad as you think, the time will go quickly... good luck!
    What was I worrying about!? It was a piece of piss :lol:

Thanks for your help guys :thumb:

Ilora x
    Good lass, glad to hear it went well! :D