Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Corporal and capital punishment

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by naughtyboy:
    If some little dickfuck commits murder whatever their age they should be hanged in public then burnt on mass bonfires that will deter people from commiting a fucking sad and terrible crime. If all suspects have DNA tests and they are innocent then thats fine set them free but if guilty torture them then execute them simple. fuck all of these human rights laws abolish most of them without delay thas what i think and say. If you dont like these punishments then dont commit the crimes its quite simple really isnt it?

Lol, well thought out post there. Stand by for the flaming from the other site members in:
    Well this all happened while I was offline & so I couldn't make any response. Sorry to revive it yet again, but I just want to make a quick point.
    Originally posted by Whowhere:
    Terrorists:It is impossible to cause someone to stop believing in something they want to die for. I believe in the UK, and when I am older I will be willing to die for my country when I join the Army or RAF. A terrorist, however unorthdox his or her methods feels he/she is fighting for their country, a set of principles they believe in. Forget what the films say about making them see the light, they wont.

Thank god the state didn't "murder" Nelson Mandella. He was a terrorist, would you have put him in the chair?

j9

Originally posted by j9:
    Well this all happened while I was offline & so I couldn't make any response. Sorry to revive it yet again, but I just want to make a quick point.

Thank god the state didn't "murder" Nelson Mandella. He was a terrorist, would you have put him in the chair?

j9

Yours is a very good point J9, and it is very true, to an extent:
    It all depends on what you class as a terrorist. Over here we thought what Nelson Mandella was doing was a good and just cause, to stand up against extreme racial prejudice.
    But over there the authorities saw him as a terrorist. Over here most people see the IRA as a terrorist organisation, I personally want to see all the members of the IRA who have killed an innocent person punished. But someone in America for example may be sympathetic to the IRA's cause. In the end it all depends on the government and the values of the population at the time. Im sure there are still a lot of white people in Africa who hated Mandella for what he did and would have liked to see him executed.
    The same thing applies here, Im sure a lot of people would want to see the people responisble for the Omagh bombing caught and punished to the full extent of the law.
    But you also have to think about in these terms as well, how many people did Nelson Mandella murder? How many buildings did he bomb?