Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Short of breath

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ever since last night i have had trouble breathing in properly...
I get like a pain just below my neck that goes right accross from shoulder to shoulder accross the front when i breathe in too much.
I can still breath normally and comfortably but i cant take any deep breaths because my chest feels too tight...any ideas? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    id get it checked out to be on the safe side, but im guessing from the other posts you have made tonight and the past couple of days, perhaps an anxiety attack?
  • Options
    i dont think its that, ive got a slight suspicion it has something to do with me drinking on thursday ,friday and saturday with not very much sleep in between because it was only when i'd got home on sunday night from work that my chest started to hurt but i was throwing up bile in the morning and there was a tiny bit blood in some of it which im a bit worried about.
    I know the advice - go to the docs. im just a bit wary of them since i got checked out to see why ive passed out a couple of times in a the past. the consultant told me that it was happening because i was stood still, even though both times it had happened i was moving around. :yeees:
  • Options
    I've had similar problems, went to the doctors earlier about it and he said it's to do with anxiety.
  • Options
    the blood though? where is it coming from? surely anxiety doesnt cause you to bleed internally?
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    the blood though? where is it coming from? surely anxiety doesnt cause you to bleed internally?

Nope I guess not. Coughing up blood is definately not a good sign. Go to the doctors and see what the craic is.
  • Options
    unless you have been swallowing sharp objects its possibly nothing to worry about

but go get it checked out, and while you are there, book a psycho appointment for your girl
  • Options
    i think i probably should do..
    I had this problem for a few days a while back, that was when i used to go drinking every week which is why i made the connection. it just disapeared after a few days though... :s
    MrG wrote:
    while you are there, book a psycho appointment for your girl
    hehe, shes alright, definately not psycho i think she just has trouble expressing herself sometimes..
  • Options
    oh i was thinking when we all made a collective effort to send her crazy and to leave you alone :)
  • Options
    rrrrrnngghh?? /scooby
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    i was throwing up bile in the morning and there was a tiny bit blood in some of it which im a bit worried about.

if you've been throwing up, you've possibly irritated your gullet, as vomit = acid. hence the bleeding. that would also make your chest hurt, as would drinking, as it can tend to give you heartburn.

get it checked out, if your worried, but it's not always a sign of something nasty.