Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

american troops have invaded iran!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just practising ok ...

Comments

• Options
    My heart just skipped a beat there. It's gonna happen though for real.
  • Options
    wont be long.
  • Options
    i knew it would happen soon, but i was half expecting world war 3 there for a minute rolly
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    i knew it would happen soon, but i was half expecting world war 3 there for a minute rolly
    :p
    how about ...nuclear accident in iran ...nuclear terrorist attack in america?

it isd this month the iranians switch tio the euro ...
    not long left realy.

something has to snap.
  • Options
    That's a bit of a scary thread title to see. :nervous:

I LOVE your sig line, incidentally, mr!
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    :

I LOVE your sig line, incidentally, mr!
    from a leonard cohen song.
    i was hpoping it might be scary.
  • Options
    from a leonard cohen song.
    i was hpoping it might be scary.

I see where you were coming from; but it makes you look like a big poetical softy. Unlucky. ;)
  • Options
    I don’t think invading Iran is a viable option. With Iraq in the state it is and Afghanistan the US hardly has the resources. And US public opinion would not support it. - Iran knows all this perfectly well which is why they’re acting in the way they are.

I don’t know what the solution is but you’d have to be pretty naïve not to be worried about Iran’s ‘peaceful’ nuclear programme. Now, think why would a country with a gigantic amount of oil that will meet its energy needs for many decades and a largely impoverished population need to spend billions on a new source of energy that it doesn’t need? To create a nuclear weapon.

Now consider the barbarous Iranian ‘President’ Ahmadinejad that wants to ‘wipe Israel off the map’ and vehemently denies the Holocaust (whilst saying another Holocaust wouldn’t be a bad idea). Trusting this guy with nuclear weapons is like letting a gang of al qaeda terrorists into Heathrow with a tonne of dynamite.

Say your neighbour across the street, an absolute mad man makes lots of threats and then one day says he’s going to destroy your house, literally – wiping it off the map. A week later it becomes clear that he’s trying to get hold of a rocket launcher. How would you feel? Now try and understand how Israel feels.

Lets not forget too that Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia and the UAE are all getting extremely concerned about Iran’s nuclear ambitions. Also, other Middle Eastern states will swiftly follow suit. Saudi Arabia and others would probably purchase nuclear weapons from Pakistan should the Iranians get their hands on a nuclear weapon. Now if there’s one place in the world you don’t want armed to the teeth with nuclear weapons it’s the Middle East. Like everybody I hope things with Iran are resolved peacefully but it would be reckless to completely rule out the use of force.
  • Options
    I read today in the paper, i forget which one because iread a few pretty quickly, that All British and American troops were going to be pulled out of Iraq to be replaced by a 250,000 strong Iraqi security force. But it was burried on page 15 in the corner.
  • Options
    what, they suddenly found 250,000 non corrupt iraqi's that would work together without killing each other

i think we should post lots in this thread, people will see its active, get scared, and then come in
  • Options
    Damn it Rolly you nearly made me shit my pants. I'm old enough to serve ya know.

And I heard on the radio this morning that the nuclear arms committee at the UN might be getting close to a solution... (Optimism?)
  • Options
    Damn it Rolly you nearly made me shit my pants. I'm old enough to serve ya know.

And I heard on the radio this morning that the nuclear arms committee at the UN might be getting close to a solution... (Optimism?)
    :yes:
  • Options
    it isn't funny man. The Marine's call once a week and I get the weird vibe the recruiters at school are undressing me with their eyes. ;)
  • Options
    I get the weird vibe the recruiters at school are undressing me with their eyes. ;)
    That isn't because they want to recruit you :naughty:
  • Options
    Invation? Fuck that. It's time to bomb. :D
  • Options
    Who knows.

Probably more scaremongering I'd say on the Iran situation.

But I am looking out for a big terrorist attack in Israel this month that could trigger something big...
  • Options
    Invation? Fuck that. It's time to bomb. :D

And then they wonder why people want to fly planes into their buildings... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    And then they wonder why people want to fly planes into their buildings... :rolleyes:

thats probably the most stupid thing you have ever said and the most inexcusable.
  • Options
    I don’t think invading Iran is a viable option. With Iraq in the state it is and Afghanistan the US hardly has the resources.

The US Army is already having a lot of trouble recruiting enough personnel and I don't think they'd be able to get enough to launch an invasion and occupation of Iran.

86% of US soldiers in Iraq still believe they are there because Saddam Hussein was personally behind the 9/11 attacks. Are they going to be able to find enough people daft enough to believe that Mahmoud Ahdinejad was actually behind 9/11?
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    thats probably the most stupid thing you have ever said and the most inexcusable.
    Actually no. It's perfectly justified.

The US government's foreign policy has been one of continuous aggression, illegal operations and double standards for the last 4 decades. Why should you expect people who have been repeteadly bombed to pieces, or subjected to appalling boycotts, or invaded, or have their governments underminded by US-backed death squads, or have been attacked by a neighbour that has been fully armed and financed by the US, to sit back and take it all in and do nothing in return???

If you don't see anything wrong with cowboy-style "yee-hah, time to bomb Iran :D " comments, then there's nothing further to say.
  • Options
    Can I just ask where that figure came from??

I mean did some pollsters seriously go out to Iraq and interview every single US troop in the middle of the war to find that out?
  • Options
    Fine then aladdin.

Its all well and good to smugly sit at your computer screen and pour your comments on bush on here and rant on about various conspiracy theories but if you believe all that you say, that america was responsible for those terrorists hijacking 3 civilian planes and flying 2 of them into a civilan buling. Then you go sir, you go to america and you find the widos of those that died in the towers. You find the husbnads of the women that died in the planes and you go up to the little kids who don't have a dad now as they risked their life to save others as part of the NYFD and NYPD and you go to them, you look them in the eye and you say;

"Its all your own fault, america is to blame, the country you serve desreved, you dad dserved to die int a blall of flame and smoke and collpasing rubble because your government is bad"

you go and do that aladdin and then after you do that, you can make comments liek you did.

until then, I would keep my mouth shut.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Fine then aladdin.

Its all well and good to smugly sit at your computer screen and pour your comments on bush on here and rant on about various conspiracy theories but if you believe all that you say, that america was responsible for those terrorists hijacking 3 civilian planes and flying 2 of them into a civilan buling.
    Where on earth have I said that?

Try to read my post again.
    Then you go sir, you go to america and you find the widos of those that died in the towers. You find the husbnads of the women that died in the planes and you go up to the little kids who don't have a dad now as they risked their life to save others as part of the NYFD and NYPD and you go to them, you look them in the eye and you say;

"Its all your own fault, america is to blame, the country you serve desreved, you dad dserved to die int a blall of flame and smoke and collpasing rubble because your government is bad"
    Has it ocurred to you that a great many of those people would agree? :rolleyes:

Edited to add: Not that their loved ones 'deserved' to die, but that their government's actions for the last 40 years have made the US a worthy target in the eyes of millions- and that the US government alone is to blame for that.
  • Options
    I doubt much has occurred to WD, Al. Not least of which is the fact that the 911Truth movement itself was begun and has been maintained by many families who lost loved ones on 911.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Can I just ask where that figure came from??

It was a poll of about 1,000 US soldiers in Iraq - done by a fairly reputable polling firm, so I expect they made some attempt to get a representative sample.
  • Options
    khuzestan8lq.gif Those who doubt that the Bush-Cheney-Rumsfeld team will attack Iran, while so conspicuously overextended in Iraq, are ignoring the subtleties of the administration’s Middle East strategy.

Bush has no intention of occupying Iran. Rather, the goal is to destroy major weapons-sites, destabilize the regime, and occupy a sliver of land on the Iraqi border that contains 90% of Iran’s oil wealth. Ultimately, Washington will aim to replace the Mullahs with American-friendly clients who can police their own people and
    fabricate the appearance of representative government. But, that will have to wait. For now, the administration must prevent the incipient Iran bourse (oil-exchange) from opening in March and precipitating a global sell-off of the debt-ridden dollar. There have many fine articles written about the proposed “euro-based” bourse and the devastating effects it will have on the greenback.
    estan9nl.gif[/IMG]
  • Options
    So 1000 somehow equals over 80% of about 200,000??? i thought my maths was bad.

No aladdin I am sick of peopel ike you you who go around slagging everyone else off, the usa and say they that 9/11 was their fault, but then quikcyly say "oh but I don't mean the dying part". Its cowardly and hypocritical.

You said they wonder why people want to fly into buildings in planes, its a dipolmatic way of saying they deserved it.

this is rela people dying coz fo some fundamentalist movement. Real dangers and all you can do is mkse up ridiclous conspiracy theories because your so PC and so prejudice that you blame the people that tried to protect them.

People who are affected by grief do strange things, they blame people and the US government is an easy target to blame. Always has been, just like any democratic government.

Time to wake up and smell the coffee. the government is not the bad guys and even though they aren't perfect, they are way better then the alternative.

How could the USA be a "worthy" target, when they were allies of some of the same people that are attacking them now? They aided Osama and others in their bid for "independance" and "freedom" against the Russians. Why did the USA deserve to get turned on? They didn't. Osama and Al-Quida are a dangerous, intelligent, fundamental group otu to reap as much death and damgage as they can. That is a fact.
  • Options
    the goal is to destroy major weapons-sites, destabilize the regime, and occupy a sliver of land on the Iraqi border that contains 90% of Iran’s oil wealt

So, you reckon because they only want to occupy a sliver of land, it won't need many troops? I'm sure even Bush's advisers are aware that one million people died fighting over that sliver of land in the '80s.
  • Options
    Voodoo Ray wrote:
    So, you reckon because they only want to occupy a sliver of land, it won't need many troops? I'm sure even Bush's advisers are aware that one million people died fighting over that sliver of land in the '80s.
    the same sliver of land that the americans armed saddam to take ...but failed.

it's right next to all our forces in Iraq, so--with an indigenous Arab rebellion--we can easily take Khuzestan on the tired old WMD and democracy excuses. All without the 600,000 troops estimated for a full conquest of all Iran.

And this is all going to happen sooner rather than later. The Iranians plan to open their own oil "bourse" in March, which will be the first oil state to sell oil for Euros. This will have the effect of driving the dollar down, so Bush and Cheney have great incentive to act now.

Khuzestan has a population of 3 million plus, Arabs who will be offered a share of the oil their northern Persian masters now control. The Zagros Mountains to the north and east and the Gulf to the south make Khuzestan a natural fortress
    So the old medieval state of Khuzestan will be reinstated by the petrolist fascists. Iran won't have enough oil to sell to drive the dollar down with the Bourse--and their military and society will soon be running on fumes.

This is officilaly called by global strategists "The Khuzestan Gambit", a risky move to get to Oil Checkmate quickly on "The Grand Chessboard", the regions we usually call the Mideast and Central Asia.

Khuzestan is actually the province Saddam tried to conquer in the Iraq-Iran War.

presumably then ...we can expect a terrorist atrocity on american soil soon?
    to galvanise and terrorise the popukation into action ...

amazing how people can be made to respond in times of war.

His attempt to take care of his daddy's unfinished business didn't go so well, he's not likely to have decided to take care of Saddam's unfinished business too.