Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

HSBC - what a load of shit.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Went into HSBC the other day to cancel a direct debit, when asked about this the teller behind a glass wall simply said 'phone' and pointed to a phone on the wall. regardless of my arguement that it would take her all of 2 seconds to cancel it herself she still stuck to her rebutal of 'phone'. So i ended up having to spend about 15 minutes on the phone to some guy who couldnt even speak english trying in vain to stop money going out of my account.
I just thought a little more customer service wouldnt go amiss..

anyone else had any problems like this?

Comments

• Options
    Vote with your feet, and tell them why.
  • Options
    cba with the hassle really, everything else to do with the bank ive found to be fine, this just annoyed me quite a lot!
  • Options
    It depends which branch of HSBC you're using. Some of them are utterly dreadful. The regular one I use isn't too bad. Just don't go in at lunchtimes. Quite simply, switch to a bank that treats its customers better. Maybe I should too.
  • Options
    HSBC are like the worst bank ever.

I'm forever having problems with them, and it really annoys me that when i try and sort it out on the phone, i have to repeat myself constantly cos no one understands what i'm saying.
  • Options
    nationwides internet banking is good.

a couple of clicks and a direct debit is cancelled/paused
  • Options
    yep, same with Lloyds bank, i do most things over the internet now.
  • Options
    I would imagine most banks have cock-face staff at some of their branches. Not much you can do about it, apart from making a complaint or telling her to shove it up her arse ;)
  • Options
    Agree HSBC are rubbish.
  • Options
    RBS are good for customer service, as are Abbey. I'm with both, have been for years and years. Never had any trouble with either of them.
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    nationwides internet banking is good.

a couple of clicks and a direct debit is cancelled/paused
    HSBC also has a good internet banking service, which - surprise surprise - includes the option to cancel direct debits.
  • Options
    HSBC are thieving cunts of the highest order, and when I rule the world each and every manager of that bank will be begging me for death.

But I digress.

HSBC don't like their customers very much. Vote with your feet. I'd suggest the Nationwide or the Co-Op, although the Co-Op are a little on the pricey side. RBS Group are quite good too, I've never had any problems with the NatWest.
  • Options
    Internet banking. It's the way of the future and stuff.
  • Options
    I totally agree with you about HSBC they are total crap!

I worked for them for a few mths. I was ordered to open a HSBC staff bank account when I already had a perfectly good bank account. During my time working for them I set up a cash ISA of which I had arranged to pay a direct debit mthly sum. I decided I wasnt going to remain working for them so I arranged my ISA payments to be taken out of my previous bank account. When I finished working for them the idiots cancelled my cash ISA without telling me, in the meantime the money was still being taken out every mth and redirected back to my bank account.

I lost out on a lot of money because I wasnt allowed to set up another cash ISA that year. Plus I lost my tax free intrest. I should have sued!
  • Options
    Ive never really had a problem with HSBC.

I had a situation where my cards were stolen and money was debited from my account. The police showed no interest and in their own words told me to swivel. HSBC were quick to replace my cards and also refunded the stolen money to my account.

Although I would agree the customer service assistants are shite in the branches.
  • Options
    In HSBC's defence though, they must be doing something right. Why? They've just announced today record profits for 2005 of £11.5billion. (click)
  • Options
    Yeah.

£11.5bn stolen from you and me.

The Secuitas gang shouldn't have bothered with armed robbery. Just become a bank manager, and you can rob £11.5bn from people and fucking get away with it.

I hope every manager of HSBC ends up nailed to a wall begging to die.
  • Options
    apart from beki :(