Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Setting up a website

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Need some questions answering please.

How much does it cost to register a domain? One off payment or is an annual renewal?

How much to rent/buy web space?

Best providers?

Thanky Muchly.

:)

Comments

• Options
    I got a .co.uk domain for 2 years for a fiver I think :) no webspace as such with it though
  • Options
    Where from?

Can you tell I have no idea? :p
  • Options
    Click Has Some good offers on Hosting, Although there domians are pricey!
  • Options
    Where from?

Can you tell I have no idea? :p

hmmm good question... *digs around old emails* ah yeah

http://www.telivo.com/

usually £15 for .co.uk, but it's a tenner off :thumb:
  • Options
    hey im a hosting provider, we sell domains from £4.50 and hosting from £5, if you want some extra information add me on msn or email me - spiral.systems@gmail.com
  • Options
    softworld wrote:
    hey im a hosting provider, we sell domains from £4.50 and hosting from £5, if you want some extra information add me on msn or email me - spiral.systems@gmail.com

Sounds very nice, do you have your own website, so We could look at it :wave:
  • Options
    When I last hosted a live site I used DC Hosting as I was reccomended.

I think theres better deals out there now though. I suppose it depends what your looking for nowadays. I personally reccomend a bit of research first, try web user magazine thats helpful and if you can get a hold of a back issue it has a listing of hundreds of hosting companies and the deals they offer.

Good Luck
  • Options
    i do however it is not comlete, we offer custom solutions, so if informations needed, add me on msn or email me.
  • Options
    How much diskspace/bandwidth do you want?
  • Options
    Need some questions answering please.

How much does it cost to register a domain? One off payment or is an annual renewal?

How much to rent/buy web space?

Best providers?

Thanky Muchly.

I signed up with an American company called Micfo after spending 2 solid days researching this very question loking at hundreds of suppliers and the one I picked do a deal where you can register webspace for upto 4 years in advance and when you breakdown the cost monthly it works out a about £3 per month - a simiar level of space and bandwidth from most UK companies costs about £30 a month

I've been with them for 12 months now and they've been pretty reliable.

I think They've given me a recommend a friend link if you decide to go with them - not sure what the rewards are though .. ;)

BTW They charge $10 a year for .COM names
  • Options
    WWW.BRINKSTER.COM

domain name = £8 per annum - 1 free for life, any others are renewed yearly.

hosting space - $4.95 or $7.95 a month ... and that's for a good amount! with a good range of server capabilities
  • Options
    My .com was free with Micfo for 12 months.

If you choose their shared hosting package then their domian names are free for life. To register a domain with their "Premium Web Hosting" package then it's about 10 quid.

http://www.micfo.com/cheap-affordable-web-site-hosting.html
  • Options
    Cheers Guys,

My website idea is way beyond a simple website builder tool and I wouldn't know where to start on building it from scratch.

Anyone used a company for building a business site or something more complicated for home? I don't want to just pull a name from the phone book.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Options
    If you're interested in having some paid work done i might be able to be of help if you want to give me a few details of what you're after.
    This and this are examples of page from the latest site ive been working on (these arent fully working though, just design examples atm)
  • Options
    www.oneandone.co.uk for easy and simple setting up of a domain, they do space as well, but ive never really looked at the cost of hosting with them