Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

G W Bush

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I would like to hear everyones opinion about George W Bush and your thoughts about September 11th incidents and hurricane katrina. I myself have heard two sides to both. Sept 11th can be seen as meer terrorist attack that couldn't be stopped but its claimed to be a sick under cover government excuse to go to war.

In Hurricane katrina many of the Americans were claimed to have been left to sit and starve while stranded. However, apparently many civilians had the choice to move on. I've heard a story that mr bush left alot of the black community to suffer due to his own dislikes of them, this is why no aid was offered to them.

What do you think?

Steve

Comments

• Options
    if anything against the black community it might have just been the rescue forces and not commands from gwb
  • Options
    mrbox99 wrote:
    I would like to hear everyones opinion about George W Bush and your thoughts about September 11th incidents and hurricane katrina. I myself have heard two sides to both. Sept 11th can be seen as meer terrorist attack that couldn't be stopped but its claimed to be a sick under cover government excuse to go to war.

In Hurricane katrina many of the Americans were claimed to have been left to sit and starve while stranded. However, apparently many civilians had the choice to move on. I've heard a story that mr bush left alot of the black community to suffer due to his own dislikes of them, this is why no aid was offered to them.

What do you think?

Geroge Bush-I think he's a funny guy. He makes me laugh. He's very stupid.

September11th-I think there's something gishy going on there. Not everything adds up. I do know one thing for sure. It's just what the White House needed for their Middle East program.

Katrina-Monumental fuck up. Not enough done to help the victims. Just one big sham really.
  • Options
    I'm relatively indifferent to Bush actually, I know he's largely disliked in the UK, but I dont think he's worthy of hatred really, he's a monkey dressed in a suit and told what to think.

The people behind him (largely the PNAC) are far nastier.

Katrina was the result of the meritocratic society, those who couldnt save themselves didnt deserve saving, those at the bottom of the heep deserve to be there.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    turlough wrote:
    Geroge Bush-I think he's a funny guy. He makes me laugh. He's very stupid.

September11th-I think there's something gishy going on there. Not everything adds up. I do know one thing for sure. It's just what the White House needed for their Middle East program.

Katrina-Monumental fuck up. Not enough done to help the victims. Just one big sham really.
    :thumb: Yup.
    bongbudda wrote:
    he's a monkey dressed in a suit and told what to think.
    Yuh, I get hte feeling he is... it'd be scary to think he actually did this himself... someone that stupid giving orders is worrying.
  • Options
    9/11 has been done to death on the boards.

GWB gives new meaning to the word "figurehead". The man can't eat pretzels, never mind run a country.

Katrina? Government doing what it does best - taking money for vital services and then not providing them. They keep the money though, ofc.
  • Options
    11/9 - whilst I believe it to be a terrorist attack and I am sure that there is more to it that meets the eye. There are those on these boards with stronger opinions and I am sure that Clandestine will be happy to write an eassy for you on the subject.

Katrina - just summed up the US for me TBH. One of the problems with a society like they seem to have is that you have to look out for Number One the whole time. If you don't then you cannot rely on anyone else offering to help - especially the Govt. If ever there was a case for a class action suit against a Govt, I figure this is it. Very clear warnings and yet nothing done before the hurricane of soon enough after it.

As for GWB himself - my only consulation is that he cannot run for another term. He seem the proverbial monkey in a suit...
  • Options
    If ever there was a case for a class action suit against a Govt, I figure this is it. Very clear warnings and yet nothing done before the hurricane of soon enough after it.

In the US, as elsewhere, their is no recourse against the government if it fails.

Looking at 9/11 the airlines got sued, the tower owners got sued....but the police etc didn't.
  • Options
    I can’t make my mind up as to whether George W Bush is a man or a monkey but either way I think he should be swinging from a tree.
  • Options
    My opinion on the man can be summed up by my avatar.
  • Options
    HooHa!
  • Options
    He's an incompetent fool, a front man for the NeoCons and corporations who would benefit from their policies. Drunken frat boys do not make good Presidents. I wish Jefferson or Washington were alive today, so they could kick the shit out of him for pissing on the Constitution too.
  • Options
    mrbox99 wrote:

What do you think?

Steve
    He and his staff are responsible for treason. They have betrayed their countrymen for personal gain, they have betrayed the values of our nation, they have smeared our good name, and they have done nearly everything that flies in the face of the principles of our nation short of pissing on the constitution.

If I believed in capital punishment, they would likely be on the list.
  • Options
    He's up and running with the the "Most Diabolical President" title, imo, and Nixon and Harding really do take some beating.

He has done his best to ruin his country's reputation in the rest of the world with his gung-ho misdemeanours under the tenuous label of "patriotism". Not to mention his attempts to terrify the American public into a suspicious and isolated state of mind (right where he wants them, I'd imagine). If there's one thing he's good at then it's instilling fear in middle America.

He makes my skin crawl. He's definitely a puppet, Rove's hand is firmly in place up his arse.

I cannot believe he became and continues to be the President of the United States. :mad:
  • Options
    cannot believe he became and continues to be the President of the United States

For this you can thank:

1. 2000 "election" - US Supreme Court (with additional help from DBT's sweeping voter roll purges in Florida).

2. 2004 "election" - Diebold and rigged electronic voting machines in key states and districts.

Can anyone say, successful "coup d'etat"?
  • Options
    I think the comments on the illegality of the 2004 election in use of electronic voting is seriously underestimating the American peoples' desire to support the Republicans and seriously overestimating the personality of John Kerry.
  • Options
    I suggest you refer to the confirmation of that very fraud by the federal agency responsible for investigating such matters, the GAO (General Accountability Office).

The indicators were very much out of synch with the contrived result.

http://www.freepress.org/departments/display/19/2005/1529
  • Options
    I reckon he has been th emost over exposed, most talked about, most media shown President's there has ever been.

I don't think he is a great President. I don't think he is as much of an idiot as people make out either. He makes me laugh and sometimes says things that are funny and even right. He does make a lot of mistakes. He is a Republican and that colours his views and I don't think he differs from any other Republican president before him.

I do not think he is the devil incarnate.

He is a man in a high postion. Thats it.

9/11 - Yes it was real, yes it was a terror attack perpetrated by Al-Quida. Did they have an idea it was fgoing to hapen, yes they did. Did they organise it? No. Did they let it happen on purpose? No. Was things covered up in the investigation afterwards? Yes. Was this because it was allorchestred by the US Goevrnment? No.

Hurricane Katrina- Just seems to be yet another case of piss poor management with no real intent to screw people over or is some overtly racist plot.

Barring World War 3, the man will be out in a 2 to 3yrs and those last 2 yrs he will hardly get anything done as thats the nature of the US presidency.
  • Options
    A quick add on.

I think the 2000 election was dodgy and the recount if allowed and not stopped would have given Gore the presidency.

I don't think there was anything overtly or offically occurring in the 2004 election to suggest rigging.
  • Options
    9/11 - Yes it was real, yes it was a terror attack perpetrated by Al-Quida

Prove it!
  • Options
    What more do you need?

I have had it with the conspiracy theories that always prove nothing.

Go and ask the real people involved. Its obvious that no1 on the board has the facilityes to give all the vidence there is and even if they did, its unlikley the di hard Bush haters would believe it anyway- case in point.
  • Options
    Proof is what is needed, concrete proof dear boy. Repeated media assisted assertions without concrete proof amount to sheer propaganda, nothing more.

Whilst this might suffice as proof for the mentally complacent, those who care to use their minds for something more than zonign out to the nightly "news" are capable of seeing the lack of substance behind the claims.
    Go and ask the real people involved

Ah, just ask them eh? my what a clever invesitgative tactic you have there. :lol:
  • Options
    I would like some real evidence that 9/11 was not a terrorist attack. Like an actual CIA agent involved confessing to how they did it, real evidence with the people involved making an official statement, not merely hearsay or conspiracy. If there was evidence, i'd believe it. I mean the guys who took the planes were Saudi's so that is a fact, the man who planned the attacks was captured and confessed to it, so that is evidence for it too. If th ePNAC were behind it, i would like to see some evidence apart from a document saying what they would like to happen.

Also, the election was not that close in 2004, Kerry was a non-entity.
    Gore in 2000 should have one!
  • Options
    I think Osama Bin Laden claiming responibility and saying it was the big slavo of his war on Christains and Jews is pretty convincing.

Then there is coutnless intelligence trails leading back to Al-Quida.

The dudes on the plane, taking flying lessons before hand, being members of Al-Quida.

The fact 2 planes did indeed crash into the 2 towers.

Thats just surface stuff.
  • Options
    those who care to use their minds for something more than zonign out to the nightly "news" are capable of seeing the lack of substance behind the claims.

Wow, I wonder who you could possibly be talking about there.
  • Options
    Someone that can look beyond the adolescent placards would be a great start.
  • Options
    Wow, I wonder who you could possibly be talking about there.

Three guesses, first two don't count! ;)
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:

9/11 - Yes it was real, yes it was a terror attack perpetrated by Al-Quida. Did they have an idea it was fgoing to hapen, yes they did. Did they organise it? No. Did they let it happen on purpose? No. Was things covered up in the investigation afterwards? Yes. Was this because it was allorchestred by the US Goevrnment? No.

If they didn't organise it, then why has Bush explicity stated (on more than one occasion) he watched the first plane hitting its target on TV, before entering the school where he was "informed" a second plane had hit the WTC? How could he have watched the first plane when the only known footage surfaced the next day if he wasn't fully aware of what was going to happen?

And if they knew what was going to happen...why were fighter aircraft sent out on training missions on 9/11?

Why was Pakistani intelligence meeting with top CIA people shortly before the attacks, the very same Pakistani intelligence who had wired funds to Muhammed Atta in the period leading up to the attacks?

Why did both of main towers collapse in exactly the same fashion as building no. 7, which Larry Silverstein has admitted was pulled down by controlled demolition (a process which requires weeks of rigging explosives)?

Join the dots and government complicity is more than evident.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    I think Osama Bin Laden claiming responibility and saying it was the big slavo of his war on Christains and Jews is pretty convincing.

Then there is coutnless intelligence trails leading back to Al-Quida.

The dudes on the plane, taking flying lessons before hand, being members of Al-Quida.

The fact 2 planes did indeed crash into the 2 towers.

Thats just surface stuff.

The same bin Laden who meets with CIA agents and is given treatment at US hospitals?

The same bin Laden whose family are close with the Bush mob?

Yeah, that's really credible. Not to mention the supposed videos of bin Laden look nothing like the real OBL :lol:
  • Options
    Anyone who thinks the last election was rigged doesnt know much about the climate in America in the lead up to the election. 3.5 million votes suddenly turned to Bush, by deceit? Cuz thats his majority. Also, Karl Rove made sure the gay marriage agenda was going down in the swing states, which caused the Cletii to come out of their trailer parks in massive numbers, to stop "fags in dresses". Sad but true, you dont need a conspiracy where Rove is involved.
  • Options
    Sorry cain, but when the GAO itself confirms voter fraud, and the CEO of Diebold explicitly promises to "deliver Ohio to Bush", one takes notice. Id suggest you check the numerous records of districts where the votes cast for Bush exceeded the number of legal registered voters as well.

Next.