Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Oxford Brookes

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Does anyone go there, if they do can they tell me if it's any good?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my mate does, she loves it. i looked round there about 3yrs ago and it looked nice but the campus i looked at was a long way out from the centre. i think its good for courses like teaching.. and oxfords a lovely place.
    I am from Oxford and have lots of friends that go to Brookes. Nice campus with great facilities. Close to the centre, good accomodation, reliable uni buses, variety for nightlife.
    I go there, I love it. What are you looking at studying?
    I go there, I love it. What are you looking at studying?

Me? Nothing. I have 5 GCSES, i ain't going anywhere with those!

No it's my baby brother thats going (to do History). It wasn't his first choice, but the only one that wanted him so hes a bit down about it. I wanted to cheer him up with all the good stuff!
    Tell him its fabby. I do History and its a great course. Is he coming on a visit day? (Thats just nosiness on my part, I work at the uni too so I know all about the visit days and stuff). Its highly rated for research, it got 5* at the last quality assesments, which only 7 other places in the country got. Its better than THE Oxford University for History in fact. And you only have something silly like 6-8 hours of lectures a week :p
    Tell him its fabby. I do History and its a great course. Is he coming on a visit day? (Thats just nosiness on my part, I work at the uni too so I know all about the visit days and stuff). Its highly rated for research, it got 5* at the last quality assesments, which only 7 other places in the country got. Its better than THE Oxford University for History in fact. And you only have something silly like 6-8 hours of lectures a week :p

He went on like an Open Day (is that the same thing?). I went too, and make a note i wasn't too impressed with the overall cleanliness of the place :p

I think it's just cos he also applied for York and Warwick that hes a bit disappointed. But if you do History and say it's good i'll let him know!
    I'll tell my boss :p

Well I like it. And Oxford is a great city to live in too, on a more random note. Warwick is nasty, its a bit misleading because its actually in Coventry.
    Warwick is nasty, its a bit misleading because its actually in Coventry.

:yes: although the uni is nice, and a lot of people live in leamington which is also ok...
    Oxford is ace! One of my bros went to both the oxford unis and had a fab time. Coventry sucks! I'd quite like to live in oxfordshire...