Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Alcohol Free Beer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you still have to be 18 to buy alcohol free beer, even though it has no alcohol?

Comments

• Options
    alcohol free beer isnt alcohol free, its just low in alcohol as they cannot brew it without any alcohol at all (its usually 1-2%)

i dont know the answer to your question tho, but technically there still selling you alcohol, although your probably likely to get more pissed off an apple thats been sat on the windowledge for a couple of days :chin:
  • Options
    Yeah, I think you do need to be 18.

Why in god's name you'd want to buy it though I do not know.
  • Options
    When I was younger i wanted some ginger beer and it was like 0.005% alcohol or something and I wasn't allowed it
  • Options
    drug free drugs will never catch on.
  • Options
    drug free drugs will never catch on.
    It's a shame really.

Edit:
    anyways, in the US buying non-alcoholic beers depends on the state. I remeber on school sports team we all went to a bar/restaurant and ordered a few pitchers of NA beer so we could take pictures and send them to the principle as a joke. He's a cool guy so he thought it was funny. I remember researchign it before though, i think if it has under 0.5% alcohol content, it's legal to buy and drink for most US states. Don't know about you guys though
  • Options
    better off buying a can of shandy!
  • Options
    What are ytoun on about u eejit? Of course it's ok....I was takinhg coke all night but U drank a lot and I haven'ty had sleep asll day so good evenign/night.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    What are ytoun on about u eejit? Of course it's ok....I was takinhg coke all night but U drank a lot and I haven'ty had sleep asll day so good evenign/night.

I totally agree :chin:
  • Options
    but if theres alcohol in it which makes it alcoholic then putting big letters "ALCOHOL FREE" on it is false advertsing.. i smell a law suit
  • Options
    i can garentee that theres alcohol in it, i know because i had the exact same argument as you (softworld) with a coustomer at work, he made me read the bottles of the non-alcoholic beers that we stocked and they all had some level of alcohol in them and i looked like an arse
  • Options
    at my work, they are known as low alcohol beer as they are 0.5% vol. think the brand is budweiser, but i could be wrong.
  • Options
    Why would anyone want to drink na beer anyway? surely not for the taste :yuck:
  • Options
    NA beer still has some alcohol in it like everyone said. Thats why they dont let minors buy it at most places, but im sure you could get it at smaller places.....

.....but like everyone said why would you want some NA beer?? What would be the point of drinking it???? I know if im getting beer, i know i want some alcohol in it. Otherwise i might as well go buy some pop or energy drinks....
  • Options
    melanie wrote:
    although your probably likely to get more pissed off an apple thats been sat on the windowledge for a couple of days :chin:

It's funny 'cause it's true. :thumb:

You'd have to be 18 I reckon, though am not entirely sure.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Why would anyone want to drink na beer anyway? surely not for the taste :yuck:
    Some people like the taste of beer.
  • Options
    Some people like the taste of beer.

Very true. But most of the time people that like beer dont just drink beer for the heck of it. They drink it to relax or get drunk.
  • Options
    you need to be 18 to buy anything over 0.5% ABV

a drink of this strength would typically be something like ben shaws canned shandy.
  • Options
    It would be easier to try and get pissed off brandy butter.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    It would be easier to try and get pissed off brandy butter.

true. but then again my mum puts a hell of a lot of brandy in it
  • Options
    Very true. But most of the time people that like beer dont just drink beer for the heck of it. They drink it to relax or get drunk.
    but if you like the taste of beer and your the one who's driving the others homew ...you can still enjoy ythe taste and ...drive everyone home.
  • Options
    or like me, on a load of painkillers and cant really drink, then its ideal