Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Reperations from England to victims of Lawrence; the Acadians

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Diesel:
    The only free men are armed men!

The only free men are those who have no need to arm themselves against their own Govt and citizens.
    Honestly, no offense is intended...what you call yourselves really is what is proper for you. I hear brit, british, english, etc., and it is all a big swirl...keep looking for terms such as Afro-british; Asian-british; Paki-brit; etc., etc. and don't quite know how you incorporate all the 'ethnic' sources of your population to identifiable names...such as 'Afro-American,' etc.

We are British (English, Scots, Welsh, Irish mayve). It's that simple. By using terms like afro-american or irish-american you actually highlight your differences. Why should we segregate ourselves?
    Demonizeing the IRA certainly isn't making it easier for you to deal with their control over the security of england when through acts of 'terror' they demonstrate that your government can't protect you...and because you are disarmed subjects you aren't allowed to protect yourselves....

So if you are so well protected how did Timothy McVeigh slip through? Worse that anything the IRA have done here.

I actually support the goal of a united ireland. But not through the bullet, use the ballot box. The IRA is more about drug smuggling and mafia style activities now than politics

The british 'army of occupation' was actually sent into the north to defend the catholics from the protestants in 1969. But then you would know that - being an expert on irish politics.
    I have to wonder what the next really awful problem will be for your island nation...noting that the Pakistanis are quite adept weapons producers and are probably a likely source for many of the weapons prohibited to you...making copies that can't be distinguised from the originals...we do hear of so called 'skinheads' going up against 'Asians' and brawling in the streets...that will have to get deadly...and they are probably winning the battle of the whomb too.

Ever heard of the Aryan Nation? KKK? Aren't these US organisations. Ever heard of lynching? Although we too have racist morons, lynching is not something we've really suffered from here.

• Options
    Eariler Diesal you talked about reparations, ive got a great idea you talk about the british paying reparations why dont you americans pay reparations to all the families of those indians you lot murdered in the 1800's
  • Options
    Originally posted by Diesel:
    The only free men are armed men!

Demonizeing the IRA certainly isn't making it easier for you to deal with their control over the security of england when through acts of 'terror' they demonstrate that your government can't protect you...and because you are disarmed subjects you aren't allowed to protect yourselves....

I have to wonder what the next really awful problem will be for your island nation...noting that the Pakistanis are quite adept weapons producers and are probably a likely source for many of the weapons prohibited to you...making copies that can't be distinguised from the originals...we do hear of so called 'skinheads' going up against 'Asians' and brawling in the streets...that will have to get deadly...and they are probably winning the battle of the whomb too.

Diesel

First off, I could be armed to the teeth with AK's, M-16's, LAW 88's, Dragons, Claymores all the time, but that's still not going to stop me being killed by the nail bomb planted by the IRA. Mr McVeigh showed that random acts of terrorism won't be stopped by an armed population. The IRA does not involve itself in stand-up firefights because they know they'd lose, instead they leave explosives devices around the country. How do you protect yourself against a nail bomb?? Shoot it??

There were a few race riots going on (riot is a bit of an exaggeration though) due to ever present racial tension. Is your suggestion that we arm all the people taking part?? Why?? So they can kill innocent bystanders too??