Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Yanks are stealing our great history

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    subject13 wrote:
    Where to begin...

Their is one province of India that is truly Communist, they elected to be communist and run the province as a real communist way it is meant to be run. I forget its names however.

Marxism and Communism are not alike at all!
    Leninism and Marxism are nothing alike at all!
    Leninism is a hypocrits take on the people having the power!

Thanks for the lecture. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    steven spielberg was going to direct harry potter, but he wanted an american cast...so JK Rowling told him where to get off...
    An american harry potter cast? Takes the piss...
  • Options
    Back to the tpoic - you mean to tell me that the Americans didn't win WW2 all by themselves! Well dickery doo! And I thought they had Superman, Batman et al on their side - surely no-one can beat these super heroes?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Thanks for the lecture. :rolleyes:
    Well you or someone did bring up communism and the like!

So hasnt anyone else heard about the US Government and this new Censorship law?

I bet Syriana is going to be a god film!!!
  • Options
    I love that line in Robin Hood Men in Tights.

John: "And why should the people listen to you?"
    Robin: "Because, unlike some other Robin Hoods, I can speak with an English accent."
  • Options
    haha nice one.

yeah that Americans winning WW2 pisses me off. I mean, yes we must remember they scarficed men and thats not any less of a thing to do and its all greatly rceievd and understood but all the crap abou tthem wining th ething on their won, saving asses and stuff is bullshit.

I bet they leave out they never declared war on Germany even after Pearl Habour plus the fact German U-Boats actually attacked their ships in the atlantic. They don't mention all the nazi scientists they shippe dover afterwards, pardoned their crimes an dset them up in cushy jobs and houses, they also negelct that it was their eugenics programme which came long before the cleansing of hitlers squads and inspired some of his ideas, or that they came close to a facist lead coup almost succeeding.
  • Options
    or that they came close to a facist lead coup almost succeeding

Never heard of that - do you have any details?
  • Options
    I dont remember the fascist coup de' ta but i do remembe rmuch study of their Eugenics programme. Darwinism to the next level they claime dit was. Mass sterilisation all over the southern states.
  • Options
    What does anyone think of that film "Thirteen days" i think it was called. The one about the Kennedy's and the Cuban Missile Crisis.
  • Options
    I read about it ages ago, my memory is terrible but it was not long before the war , I think in the early thirties.

I just remember they failed because they went to some big time patriotic general who blew the whistle on them.

I'll have a look later and get back to you on here 2moro sometime.
  • Options
    ok here it is, in the Great Depression a cabal of millionarie bankers and industralists hatched aplot to hijack the US Government and install a facist dictatorship.

Congressional commtiee's confirmed the allegations but the findings were hushed up amid mumurs of a cover up.

It invloved American financiers in the Morgan and Du Pont commercail empires and right wingers opposed to FDR's New Deal and the president in general.

Apperently they approached Major General Smedley Darlington Butler in the summer of 1933, he was a retired commandant of the US marines and a popular war hero. They choose him coz he appealed to soliders, they reckoned he could 100,00 men ove rnight and would lead the 500,000 strong American Legion veterans group to make the coup d'etat.

He testifed to the House of Representatives McCormack-Dickinson Commitee. He was approaced by a man called Gerald G. MacGuire who had travlled to europe to observe the role of vetrans groups propping up facist regime sin italy germany and france.

Quote a few high fluyers were involved included actual Democrats. it was covere dup and leaked hushgly though, no big who hare. It got dismisse dby big indutralist supporter newspapers as fake and such but it was all offical.

John L Spivak is apperetnly the journalist who covered the plot if u want to know more.
  • Options
    Well the evidence doesn't seem that strong. Given that Smedley Butler was a spokesman for the American League Against War and Fascism one does question why a fascist group would have wanted him as their leader.

And even if true there is no evidence of more than a few industrialists and mid-ranking officers moaning and suggesting a coup might be a good idea. That's not the same as a fascist coup almost suceeding.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    Well the evidence doesn't seem that strong. Given that Smedley Butler was a spokesman for the American League Against War and Fascism one does question why a fascist group would have wanted him as their leader.

And even if true there is no evidence of more than a few industrialists and mid-ranking officers moaning and suggesting a coup might be a good idea. That's not the same as a fascist coup almost suceeding.

Well the comittee report concluded;

"In the last few weeks of the commitee's life it recieved evidence showing that certain persons had made an attempt to establish a facist organisation in this country...There is no question that these attempts were planned, and might have been placed in execution when and if the financial backers deemed it expedient... "

they had the money to do it and the names an dpeople involve were serious, not just crazy hicks spouting about something they would never do.

I mean I gues stheres no idea to know how clos ethey came coz theree prime piece to get the troop involvedment didn't work so true on that point.

It seems though that it should be something that the American public should be made aware of.
  • Options
    took a long time but the coup finaly happened.
    pnac.
  • Options
    lol.

funny morrocon.

funny thing is, I kinda agree. I dont think the usa does have a facist regime, far form it, but I reckon thos ebig industralists that were trying to pull the strings then, probably have equivelants now doing it.