Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Revision

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
How do you revise? Well i need some help because the way i do it, well, it just dosn't stick into my head so i ned some idears please and thanks :D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I revise with re-writing all my notes I've done in class and making notes of everything I need to know. So, for textbooks, I read the pages thoroughly a couple of times, answer the questions asked and then I start making notes of what to know.

I can remember, for my last biology exam I made approx. 30 pages of notes, which have been rewritten several times. I then revise on my notes, when I am no longer dubious if everything is on there. You must be very zealous to take on this technique, as you need hell of a lot of time.

There is an article on this:

http://www.thesite.org/workandstudy/studying/howtostudy/howtostudy
    different things work for different people.... personally i read through all of my notes, highlight them, write out headings and then write out the main things i need to know in bullet points and then re write and condense them.
    Revision cards
    i write out the key notes on A4 paper with a marker pen.
    Past papers can be very useful in picking up tips in how questions might be worded.
    Past papers can be very useful in picking up tips in how questions might be worded.

Yes. For most exams, the questions don't vary that much each year, do they? This is what I found when I was revising for my Law exam in December/January.
    thanks everyone :D