Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Confidentiality of Uni Application??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I could really do with some help everyone.In January I started working for my LEA (local education authority). I'm on a permanent contract but I'm actually going to uni in September this year, although my employers don't this.
I'm feeling worried though because I know that student finance involved your LEA and I'm worried that my employers are going to find out that I took the job knowing that I'd be leaving in eight months and aren't going to be very pleased.
I work in a completely different department to that which would deal with finance for uni applications but its in the building as me and Im worried that the people dealing with my application could recognise my name and tell my boss or that they could find out some other way.
Am I right to think that Data Protection would mean that technically the people dealing with my application should not disclose my details to anyone else?
Any help very much appreciated.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    The people who process your details cannot tell your bosses about it. If they did, they'd be breaking data protection laws. Every university application has to be treated as confidential, no matter who it is.
  • Options
    thanks,i thought that was the case but you've put my mind at ease, phew!
  • Options
    thanks,i thought that was the case but you've put my mind at ease, phew!
    Even in the rare chance your boss found out, he couldn't do anything about it. If he did, you could take him to court, and you'd have proof that he'd broken data protection laws. Unless your boss wants to end up in jail.
  • Options
    Providing you work your notice period, you can take a job for as long as you want. I don't see what the problem is, they cannot give you a bad reference because you decided to leave to pursue other careers.