Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Committee Problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, this is a bit of an odd one.

I have a certain soft spot for the stroke of the women's 1st eight in our boat club, who also happens to be one of the women's captains, even though I have barely spoken to the girl (but that's not unusual as she doesn't speak all that much anyway).

Anyway, she knows about this (I was drunk at the imbibing AGM and found myself telling her I fancy the pants off her - she was ok with it but we haven't actually spoken since, mostly because i'm too scared to). They have actually discussed my little infatuation amongst the women's firsts but not much...

Anyway, I want to be Boat Club Treasurer next year and she may still have a committee role - should I forget about any chance of a relationship for fear that I could make working together in the committee awkward? Considering the Treasurer is one of the key roles and has to basically know everything that's going on, if we're not talking it could make everything really hard.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Someone must have some advice...
    Normally I'd say don't screw the crew, but it's university, that's what students do.

Don't get plastered and talk to her. See if she fancies a drink. I wouldn't not do something for fear of a bit of embarrassment, or a bit of iciness. You may end up being close, you never know.
    I have to ask if you're at UCL.... (feel free not to tell me)!

I'm president of the LGBT Society and I've been in the situation before. To be honest, I'd say you should just go ahead and treat her like you would any other girl you like. Sure, there could be implications for the club, but at the end of the day working with an awkward dynamic (if that arises) is all part of the management / leadership / teamwork / whatever that you're supposed to learn by taking responsibility for a sports club.
    Not UCL no - although I do like UCL (well, RUMS specifically...)

I kinda feel like i'm going to piss people off if I am with her and in the role - suggestions of favouritism for one side of the club, or specific people etc...
    If she's worth it, fuck em.