Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Post of the week - with a twist!

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Hey :wave:

Time to nominate 'post of the week' but this time, following from my name's suggestion last week - we'd like you to nominate posts which you think give particularly good advice or insight into a situation.

For example: malteser monkay's post in this thread:
Did she love me at all?
http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=95268

"You shouldn't doubt whether she loved you at all, because that's unfair - after 4 years there must have been that element to keep you together. But things change - situations and people."

Who's got agony aunt/uncle written all over them? :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I vote for Malteser Monkay's post immediately. :p
    I've sent the whole week being silly and now they must be serious?? GRRRRRRRRR!!!! :p
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I concur completely.
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    I concur completely.
    You are a pirate with good sense.
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    I concur completely.
    :yes: me too
    stargalaxy wrote:

me too :)
    All your cheques are in the post... :p
    I vote for Malt's post too.
    I really like MM's post.

I did like this one by I'm With Stupid too, though...especially the last part (as it's possibly a bit much to have the entire post).

"Needing to be the centre of attention all the time, or needing other peoples approval can also be a sign of insecurity. Whereas a quiet person might be completely content with themselves, and have a more 'take me or leave me' attitude.".

Just think it's something a bit different, there's a lot of relationship talk going on... bitter much? :p
    briggi wrote:
    Just think it's something a bit different, there's a lot of relationship talk going on... bitter much? :p
    Something must be in the water...
    While I think Malteser's post is very good, I'd also like to nominate this one. It's from the same thread briggi was talking about (the one about low self-esteem):
    Big Gay wrote:
    Now, I still don't know how to accept a compliment, so I just say thank you.

I'm no longer so arrogant as to believe I know better than the person complimenting me, so I can appreciate what they say, and get a warm glow from it; and where I can't help but disagree accept that they are expressing their opinion, and take pleasure that they felt comfortable enough to tell me, and that they respected me enough to tell me.

While it's in first person, I think it valuable cause it gives others in the same situation a new angle to look at things, and it also shows how a person has grown, and thats rewarding and gives others hope...
    bluewisdom wrote:
    While I think Malteser's post is very good, I'd also like to nominate this one. It's from the same thread briggi was talking about (the one about low self-esteem):

While it's in first person, I think it valuable cause it gives others in the same situation a new angle to look at things, and it also shows how a person has grown, and thats rewarding and gives others hope...
    theres a few things this guy has said that i like but can i remember what or where ...not a chance.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    bluewisdom wrote:

Yes that is a good one - it's quite long though so is this the main part of it you liked? -
    "I still don't know how to accept a compliment, so I just say thank you. I'm no longer so arrogant as to believe I know better than the person complimenting me, so I can appreciate what they say, and get a warm glow from it."

If not could you edit it to about the same length with which bits you want me to include for the vote tomorrow - cheers! :)
    What was wrong with when post of the week just suddenly appeared?? :p
    it appeared once every three weeks or something, or whenever stargalaxy went bonkers at them
    MrG wrote:
    it appeared once every three weeks or something, or whenever stargalaxy went bonkers at them
    Only if they didn't update it every seven days like they're meant to. I probably gave half the mods headaches...

And how did you know that? Did the mods complain about it when you saw them?
    **Helen** wrote:
    Yes that is a good one - it's quite long though so is this the main part of it you liked? -

"I still don't know how to accept a compliment, so I just say thank you. I'm no longer so arrogant as to believe I know better than the person complimenting me, so I can appreciate what they say, and get a warm glow from it."
    Yes, that part you selected is fine. :thumb:
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Did the mods complain about it when you saw them?
    jim v phoned me up and said ...rolly ...we all know you own the site but this stargalaxy bloke seems to think he does!
    you live near him ...go chuck him off that peninsula ...
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    MrG wrote:
    it appeared once every three weeks or something

Before I started working here you mean :p
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    jim v phoned me up and said ...rolly ...we all know you own the site but this stargalaxy bloke seems to think he does!
    you live near him ...go chuck him off that peninsula ...
    I was told to chuck him under a train... but not by the mods ;)
    **Helen** wrote:
    Before I started working here you mean :p

ooh how good are you :flirt:
    MrG wrote:

Can I nominate this for post of the week? Made me laugh like a loon :D
    Yeah that was a :lol: moment!!
    And it makes me look like a loon! :p