Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The AAT

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi guys,
Does anyone have this qulification or is currently studying towards it?
How hard is it to complete? and is it worth it, or am I better to do the ACCA?

THanks!

Miss x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm currently doing the final level of the NVQ based qualification. Its hard work but really rewarding. Doing it depends on how much experience you have of accounts and how much time you can devote to doing it. AAT also gives you a gateway into most of the other accounting/finance qualifications. It is worth it, even if the project in the final year drives you up the wall!
    What is AAT?
    I'm doing AAT Intermediate. Stands for Association of Accounting Technicians.

I don't find it difficult in itself, it's just remembering it all I have problems with!
    If I get through this year I am going to carry on and do the technician level next year.

What level are you going to start at?
    I'm just about to start it :)
    Starting the foundation AAT on Wednesday, woooo :D

Gunna be starting intermediate in September aswell
    Cool! I'm doing Intermediate at the moment, we have covered the syllabus now and it's just revision and simulations and exams now!
    I'm just not looking forward to my four exams in June! I still have to do my project and revise as well. Wont finish covering the sylabus by Easter. Then revision until i get sick of it!
    Hi guys, thatnks for the tips.
    I'm hopefully gonna start from scratch and go for the foundation to begin with. I'm going to a local night school open day at the end of march and hopefully I can enrol and start in septemeber!!

thanks again!

Miss x