Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Moving out...to another room in my house..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Heya
my flatmate is moving out on the 14th and as he has a bigger bedroom I've asked if I can move into his and pay the extra £150 per month in rent etc etc. Thing is when I moved in I paid a deposit of a months rent for my room. Does this mean I have to hand over the difference for the change in the deposit or will my deposit as it is be ok? Also as I pay my rent on the 29th and I'd be moving rooms on the 14th would I pay half the difference for the month or what?

I can't get ahold of my landlord and I need to call my parents in the morning to ask them for the cash. I would ask for the most I need but that'd be cheeky. LOL

Comments

• Options
    If you've been there a while the landlord may not ask for more deposit because they will probably trust you.

And only pay half of the extra for the bigger room, work it out to the day.
  • Options
  • Options
    He said I didn't have to pay the extra £150 in deposit but I've decided to anyway, at least then when it comes to the end of my lease or whatever I can get a nice chunk of cash for my next deposit. And luckily the move coincides with the exact middle of my month. So I only have to pay half the extra.

Thanks guys
    XXX
  • Options
    He said I didn't have to pay the extra £150 in deposit but I've decided to anyway

:eek:

What would you do if I told you you didn't have to give me £150? :yum:
  • Options
    Haha smart girl but not smart enough hahahaha
    XXX