Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

IF U COULD CHANGE ANY LAW

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If you could change any law, what would it be?
I'd legalise cannabis on perscription for a start.
There'd be tougher laws on racial discrimination, harrassment and child abuse aswell.
Anyone else got any good ideas?

ARE YOU FEELING LIKE YOUR LIFE HAS BEEN PLANNED OUT FOR YOU?
ARE YOU FEELING LIKE A SOCIAL TOOL WITHOUT A USE?
SCREAM AT ME UNTIL MY EARS BLEED, I'M TAKING HEED JUST FOR YOU.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    legalise weed fully, allow people to be free from prison at 65, perhaps go easier on child abusers as in my opinion they are just primary school kids that never grew up mentally because of a brain defect, its not their fault they feel this way, they are kids who fancy other kids but they are in a mans body.
    Dirty Harry, you need to think more carefully about what you are saying.

How dare you say that we should go easier on child abusers? Now I know that you are well and truly fucked up! I don't like to go ape at people on these boards because it never proves anything, but I cannot keep quiet on this subject.

You say they are just kids in a man's body but if you had ever had the misfortune of becoming acquainted with a child abuser you would know that they are normally very intelligent, sly and manipulative.

Don't you even dare compare them to a child. What is wrong with you?

All child abusers should be put down and I don't care if anyone takes offence to that. Do you realise how they fuck up innocent lives? If they were put in prison for life or even better, given the lethal injection, they would never be able to ruin an innocent life ever again.

Don't underestimate these evil monsters. They are clever at what they do. How do you think they get to go on doing it for ages without getting caught?

I live my life to the full for the sake of my daughter and husband but it doesn't mean that my life hasn't been ruined by the years of sexual abuse that I suffered at the dirty, filthy fucking hands of my uncle.

I don't dwell on things, I just get on with it but I cannot control my nightmares and flashbacks. It has fucking ruined my life and idiots like you with your fucked up do-gooding opinions make me sick.

I am so sorry to everyone for this outburst but something needs to be said to Dirty Harry. You know what Harry, I have often been there to stand up for you when people have come onto the boards calling you a druggy loser but I am beginning to realise that 99% of your posts are drug related even when it has nothing to do with drugs. Now I am beginning to agree with the others in that you are maybe bragging just a little.

You need to grow up Dirty Harry and I don't care about whatever fucked up shit you throw back at me because I am not easily angered but you have well and truly got up my nose with this one!

Dirty_Harry, you didn't mean it like that (I hope), but just think what you are saying.

I know people my own age who have been sexually abused as kids, and they are really fucked up. I have two younger brothers, much as I hate them at times, if anyone did anything like that to them I would do my best to kill him.

Paedophila is a crime that leaves horific scars on the most innocent of victims. How can you say that there's nothing wrong with a 40 year old raping someone who's 10?

You really need to think, because what you've just said is REALLY stupid. I could never forgive anyone for that, ever. Maybe these guys need help, but that doesn't give them the right to even go near any kids.

Consider the 8 year old who was raped and murdered. If they ever find the perverted shit who did that, they should leave him in trafalgar square with a sign round his neck, and leave the rest to the crouds.

I cannot believe you just said that. Please say you didn't mean it.
    Not too sure about leaving justice to 'the crowds in Trafalgar Square'. Sure, I agree that justice must not only be done, but be SEEN to be done. The bastard should hang for what he did, and I'd certainly have no objections to public execution of such a sickening creature, but mob justice is not a road we should conteplate going down. The price of calling ourselves civilised is that we agree to stand back and let the criminal justice system handle things on our behalf rather than exact vengeance ourselves. Certainly the current system is inadequate; the justice of the crowds is not a viable alternative, though.
    child abusers and paedophiles need to b castrated,
    murders need the same treatment to which they killed, although that would b 2 nice in the long run and a bit of a contradiction.
    life should mean life not 25yrs or what eva it is.
    footie hooligans need to b locked up or have their passports confiscated 4 at least 10yrs.
    need i go on, i think the law, well in britain is a farce, to many people get away with things to easily, and jail sentances r never nearly enough.
    jails also need to b alot tougher, u c em on tv out chattin, playin pool etc they need to b treated to how they deserve, ie murders need to b in a cell 24/7, robbers should have nout in the cell(i mean like bed, mattress etc), they deprive people so they should b deprived them selves.
    most people will prob not agree with me, im sorry.
    b good
    love ya helly
    I'd agree with castration for sexual offences. NOT, however, for the same reason Arabs remove the hands of theives. The hand doesn't make one steal; testosterone DOES fuel one's sex drive.

I do not agree with life sentences - the idea of a criminal justice system is to deal with the offender in the most socio-economic way. If the offender is so anti-social that they can never be 'cured' and returned to society, it is a waste of resources to keep them alive. Death is, in that case, the only viable alternative. The level of pain is something I'll put up for debate.
    Originally posted by ~*PHOENIX*~:
    If you could change any law, what would it be?

I'd take all the peopl ewho enter jobs just becasue it gives them some half-assed power over the public and make them wear really stupid outfits.

I'm talking about parking wardens, security guards at football matches and gigs, Underground staff, park wardens ... did i mention underground staff?

Put them all in pink tutus and we'll see how big and clever they are then!!!
    LOL brokenbeat. I'm sure that people in such occupations only do it because they love the authority that comes with the uniform.

I would love to see some of those little hitlers in pink tutus!