Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

millenium dome is bulls**t

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What is the need in the millenium dome? millions of pounds wasted on an americanised theme park built on a nuclear waste site.
The government just had to build something that costs so much to get in that only well off people can afford it and besides, it's one of the ugliest things I've ever seen!
Why not spend the money on a millenium hospital instead? Bloody parliament!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Couldn't agree more. Sad fact is that most stories I've heard about it is that it's crap anyway. Can't say for myself as I wouldn't pay the admission price for a complete waste of money and time. The only good that is coming out of this is that it is creating some short term jobs in London. What really annoys me is when Political parties start slagging of Labour about it when I believe it was first thought about when the Tories were in power. I do not hold strong political views at all but do think that the Tories and Labour are both at fault in this gross waste of money, esp when its being demolished after a year. What's the point in that?
    The Dome isn't going to be demolished. The displays are going to be put to an end, but they were funded by private investors, so the only cost was the building of the dome. The building itself has not been sold to a Japanese company who plan to do god-knows-what with it. Personally, I think they should put in some cool lighting and turn it into either a giant LaserZone, add a monster sound sys and turn it into the biggest club in London or turn it into a proper theme park, but indoors.

my 2¢
    I wouldn't mind so much if the goverment had money to spare!! But they gave us education fees so as they could build 'da dome'. It scares me, it really does, to see our country being run by such idiots.
    the money is needed so badly by the nhs that its pathetic. people r dieing or curable deases because theres not enough money provided. my mum works as a district nurse and is always tellin of people with cancer etc who have been on waiting lists 4 months and r now beyond help. i view this as a type of politics murder, the r depriving people of the right to a chance, instead theyd rather attract tourists.
    its gonna b taken down after so long anyway o whats the point in the 1st place, but currently it would cost more to shut down that keep running apparently.
    love ya helly