Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Printer Ink spaz attack!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I can't get my ink into the printer- it's the correct cartridge, identical to the one I've just taken out but it doesn't seem to fit ffs :banghead: I feel like such a girl :( I've pushed and shoved, angled and nudged etc... :banghead: Will ask a boy. It doesn't matter that I've pulled off the strip as long as I no touchy, right?

Are empty printer cartridges recycled? by charities? If so, where do you guys send them?

Also, do you use those cheap injety-ink kits? verdict? I'm mostly printing really rough draft stuff so qualities not as important as price. As long as these don't bugger the printer I'll probably use kit after my free brand cartridge has gone, I picked up a refill kit for £1- bargain!

Comments

• Options
    Just be careful, a friend of mine somehow managed to shove it in the wrong way round! Got ink everywhere...
  • Options
    Ok and breath.

Just to share my embarasment- I got the cartridge in, when I worked out it NEEDED TO BE THE RIGHT WAY UP!!!! Gah! I blame tiredness, that's right tiredness. No mention of stoopidity please!

Another issue- now I need to find and print all the pages I hadn't noticed were printing blank... What a pain. :grump: My printer list automatically deletes finished jobs, does yours? Wonder if I can create a 'history' list for the bugger... :chin:
  • Options
    somehow managed to shove it in the wrong way round!

good job my girly muscles didn't allow this then init, lol.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    katralla wrote:
    Are empty printer cartridges recycled? by charities? If so, where do you guys send them?

Ahem :p
  • Options
    Thanking ya kindly.

Now what about cartridge refills- anyone use 'em?
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    Now what about cartridge refills- anyone use 'em?

I used them once... I ended up with more ink over my hands and my kitchen than in the cartridges and then realised the diagram told me to put the wrong colour into the wrong hole.
    My verdict: They're rubbish or I'm just suffering from that stupidity thing that you mentioned before.
    :p

My mum gets cartridges off some website then sends them back when they're finished to be refilled. It's really cheap apparently. I think it's http://www.inkcycle.co.uk
  • Options
    I use to send mine to Tommy's but they don't take epson, so I'll will now send them here.