Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dressing up for Rocky horror

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi all.
The Rocky Horror Show will be showing in Southampton again 10-15th April. And its looking like for a change i'll be around for it, work haven't told me their sending me away like normal.
So what would you suggest a guy to wear for it. I might its the rocky horror you've got to dress up for it. Anyone else going to see it? or seen it
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Gotta be fishnet suspenders, a mini-shirt and some kind of revolting-coloured corset / sleeveless top. :yes:
    Did you mean mini-skirt?? Also plenty of makeup is a good idea ;)
    It's all about the fishnet stockings, some long fingerless gloves and a big curly wig would be good too. :thumb:
    Yeah thats what i thought. Any idea where i can get some. Would feel about embrassessed going into a womens shop to buy them being a bloke
    Internet? Oxfam? ebay... What size are you? in ladies? lol
    katralla wrote:
    Internet? Oxfam? ebay... What size are you? in ladies? lol
    Lol wouldn't have a clue. Large?
    For tights large is easy. Try your local second hand shops- tights'll only be 50p. Or you can buy them online. I've bought tights online from... one min, I'll find the ad, ebay'll probably have some bargains too.
    Or do you want stockings rather than tights? yum, sechii
    would you dare to go this bare:
    55029.jpg
    Yeah was thinking of doing the whole thing, then getting a lab coat and go as Prof Scott.

Anyone here from the site want to come too?
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Youngbull wrote:
    Anyone here from the site want to come too?

What with a skate? :p No thanks.

It's strange actually, the first time I've looked at what's on at the Mayflower for years was yesterday and I was conemplating going with this bird I met the other day. She on holiday though so it aint happening.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    What with a skate? :p No thanks.
    know i've asked this before but what the hell is a skate? i'm guessing its another one of those sad names put to people who live in a certain areas.
    Youngbull wrote:
    know i've asked this before but what the hell is a skate?

You must know. It's a rivalry thing where we the scummers (from Soton), look down on the skates (from Pompey), for being a bunch of fucking cackers and hooligans.
    Weekender Offender 
    Thats a football thing isn't it, and as i dont give a shit about football never really bothered with the portsmouth - southampton thing. plus i only live in portsmouth and not from there.
    Youngbull wrote:
    Thats a football thing isn't it

It's more than that. It's dockers thing too. An age old rivalry.
    Weekender Offender 
    ah ok then.
    Youngbull wrote:
    ah ok then.

It doesn't have to be serious mate. ;)
    Weekender Offender 
    tim curry had so much guts to wear what he did! Whatever you wear...you need the fishnet stockings!
    When I went I dressed as magenta:D Might try exposing a little more this time round:naughty:
    i'd go but its not coming near me :( id go as magenta...i got the red hair just need to either not blow dry it and let it all go mad and frizzy and crimpy!
    i'll be going in the Franknfurter outfit. but might go with a labcoat if its really cold.
    I wish I knew people who did that kind of stuff! I would totally do it. Go as Magenta. Don't need to do a damn thing to the hair and I'd look jus tlike her :heart:
    But no, I'm friendless and boring :(
    Zella after seeing with the Tophat at the last meet think your do a good Columbia too. Awww manda shame your over in the states or i'd say come along. :(
    my_name wrote:
    But no, I'm friendless and boring :(

Go to something like this on your own then- all the people you'll meet will be people who are 'cool' enough to be into it too!
    I've been 3 times...dressed up once.
    Tiny french maids outfit and frilly knickers! \m/

If you dont want to do the full Frankenfurter thing just wear fishnets and high heels with a lab coat over them. That's what most of the guys were wearing when I went.

Last time I went to see it that narrator was Lional Blair... :crazyeyes
    i could be columbia...i can even do the tap dancing :p
    I went when i was 15 (3 years a go) and lets just say it was an eye-opening experience lol.
    I wore hotpants, fishnets, boob tube and knee high boots. Was a really good show so sure you will enjoy it.
    becky4131 wrote:
    I went when i was 15 (3 years a go) and lets just say it was an eye-opening experience lol.
    I wore hotpants, fishnets, boob tube and knee high boots. Was a really good show so sure you will enjoy it.
    I thought your name was Micheal Carrick for a second. :D
    Two of my mates are going in April for their birthdays. They didn't bother asking me along, even though I was the original fan. One of them hasn't even seen the film! It frustrates me!
    FilthyChav wrote:
    Two of my mates are going in April for their birthdays. They didn't bother asking me along, even though I was the original fan. One of them hasn't even seen the film! It frustrates me!
    you can't be a fan if you haven't seen the film, chances are she wont even like it when she sees it!