Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

nanny state...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Every accusation blagsta makes is so laughably the very practices he shows us repeatedly. Cognitive dissonance at its finest.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    You're not making any sense. Again.
    not much of anything seems to make sense to you blag.
    it shows in your continued lack ...total lack, of any kind of contribution to this thread aside from petty snipes.
  • Options
    not much of anything seems to make sense to you blag.
    it shows in your continued lack ...total lack, of any kind of contribution to this thread aside from petty snipes.

There's fuck all worth contributing to. Snide comments at paranoid fools is the best its gonna get.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    But that's kind of what bothers me. If you have 4 spoons holding up each corner of a flat surface and light a fire under one of the spoons, you do not get an even collapse, you get a lopsided falling over.

http://www.tms.org/pubs/journals/JOM/0112/Eagar/Eagar-0112.html

This explains it better than I can. Suffice to say the main structure holding up the building wasn't four spoons at each corner, but one large spoon in the middle.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    occams razor

Using that principle as a blanket over every issue is hardly a commendable approach.

Personally i reckon if there's any foul play, the attacks were probably carried by radical Islamicists unwittingly handled by the CIA although i have been looking at the more elaborate conspiratorial theories recently with an open mind - as anyone should before passing comment.
  • Options
    Voodoo Ray wrote:
    All the excuse they provided to invade Iraq was an evil dictator in charge and a load of cobbled-together crap about weapons of mass destruction - would they really have *bothered* to come up with the biggest conspiracy in history in order to invade Afghanistan?
    YES they would to get the support of the american people,vietnam taught them alot.they wouldnt want to make that mistake again. 9/11 was meant to shock and prevoke a knee jerk reaction from the people imo.
  • Options
    911 was not merely the precursor to one or two invasions which followed shortly thereafter (though having been long intended by this same group as far back as the Reagan era), but a "war which will not end in our lifetimes" (pontificated by Cheney himself). This war is as much one at home with the ongoing establishment of an incrementally more repressive surveillance society.

In other words, as previously repeatedly pointed out, they needed an event so traumatizing to the American psyche that an enduring paradigm of a global shadowy and neverending Al Qaeda boogeyman threat could be erected and readily swallowed to replace the previous Cold War mythology in which these ideologues had cemented their power base in Washington.

With the capabilities clearly available no further afield than the US MIC/intelligence community itself and the cover of a War on Terror needed to justify every subsequent planned aspect of the PNAC's brazenly documented agenda of renewed US militancy for generations to come, 911 was an event whose multiple elements were not matters to be left to chance and convenient coincidence.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    http://www.tms.org/pubs/journals/JOM/0112/Eagar/Eagar-0112.html

This explains it better than I can. Suffice to say the main structure holding up the building wasn't four spoons at each corner, but one large spoon in the middle.
    interesting but a tad out of date with toidays evidence.
    if you look at this picture taken from your link ...

fig5sm3gw.gif

the floors can collapse but ...the inner core is made of forty seven vertical steel uprights ...denied by the 9/11 commision and presented as a hollow box section ...since discredited ...these uprights should have remained.
    the fires were small enough for fire fighters to be standing by them ...the fires did not spread from floor to floor ...

no steel structured building before or since has behaved in such a manner.
    three did that day.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Using that principle as a blanket over every issue is hardly a commendable approach.

Whats more likely? Islamicist nutters (known to exist and to carry out terrorist attacks) or remote control 767's and a vast all encompasing conspiracy?
    Spliffie wrote:
    Personally i reckon if there's any foul play, the attacks were probably carried by radical Islamicists unwittingly handled by the CIA

This is my view too.
    Spliffie wrote:
    although i have been looking at the more elaborate conspiratorial theories recently with an open mind - as anyone should before passing comment.

I've looked at the "evidence". It doesn't stand up.
  • Options
    interesting but a tad out of date with toidays evidence.
    if you look at this picture taken from your link ...

fig5sm3gw.gif

the floors can collapse but ...the inner core is made of forty seven vertical steel uprights ...denied by the 9/11 commision and presented as a hollow box section ...since discredited ...these uprights should have remained.
    the fires were small enough for fire fighters to be standing by them ...the fires did not spread from floor to floor ...

Where you getting your info from?
    no steel structured building before or since has behaved in such a manner.
    three did that day.

No one's flown a fully laden 767 into a building before.
  • Options
    "Hey, World Trade 7 fell down like because, because, because, um, the mayor stored thousands of gallons of diesel fuel in an office building. Yeah, that's it. Diesel fuel. It's just a coincidence that every single load bearing member on the ground floor failed at the exact same moment in time. Coincidence. CO-IN-SEE-DUNCE! Trust us. We're the government."

smallwtc716vg.gif
  • Options
    "Hey, World Trade 7 fell down like because, because, because, um, the mayor stored thousands of gallons of diesel fuel in an office building. Yeah, that's it. Diesel fuel. It's just a coincidence that every single load bearing member on the ground floor failed at the exact same moment in time. Coincidence. CO-IN-SEE-DUNCE! Trust us. We're the government."

smallwtc716vg.gif
    this is the one that makes me think...just dont understand why it should fall in the first place,let alone in exactly the same way as the two towers.
  • Options
    Notice Blag's reliance on extreme references when unable to actually disprove any aspect of the evidence presented. "All encompassing conspiracy", now where was all encompassing ever claimed and what precisely does such a throw away dismissal soudbite such as that even mean?

So whats more plausible...

Pilots whose own instructors have sworn that they could not fly so much as a cessna not only blindly piloting (by further credentialled testimony provided by MR's pasted rebuttal) four commercial aircraft, with aerial maneuvres requiring military pilot training and experience, into specific targets via only complex instrumentation guidance (also requiring significant training).

A boogeyman threat of such magnitude and global capability that there are supposedly sleeper cells everywhere and yet no valid court-proven convictions to be had in 4 years of the WoT of clear unequivocal link to Al Qaeda nor the multiplicity of attacks we should expect to have occured (near weekly if the magnitude be true) across the US to date. Or that our agencies which are so inept as to have dropped the ball on 911 and again in Iraq are yet capabale of having supposedly foiled all the attacks a determined organisation like AL Qaeda should have attempted to date?

just to name a few scant aspects of implausibility...

Or that it was very much a technically capable and internally orschestrated charade in keeping with the very agenda we have all watched being carried out since 911 (documented and detailed in its intentions well before 911) by a deeply ideologically driven cabal right in the seat of power in Washington?

Occam's razor favors the latter. Mental zombies like blagsta favour whatever they are told by their trusted authority figures.

The analyses provided previously are more than sufficient for any rational mind to realise how much a sham the oft asserted threat is and who it is who best fits the three fundamentals of any criminal investigation - means, motive and opportunity.
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    this is the one that makes me think...just dont understand why it should fall in the first place,let alone in exactly the same way as the two towers.
    i'll take a wild guess that this building housed those who were in control of the radio control gear.
    they would have pressumed what they were doing was a simple exercise.
    then they realised what they had done was for real ...and found themselves sealed in and cut off from the world.
    then ...boom!
    :eek:
  • Options
    Actually Building 7 also house FBI offices in which the entirety of investigatory evidence for two key cases:

1. The case against Mobil Oil and James Giffen on illegal oil swaps between Iran and Kazakhstan (at the time before the NY Grand Jury - Syemor Hersh, New Yorker Magazine, July 9th 2001 edition);

and more critically

2. The case against Alan Greenspan, Morgan & Company, Goldman Sachs into illegal gold price fixing

were kept.

With the destruction of the building went all the evidence against powerful financial interests profitting handsomely from our Middle Eastern resource wars.
  • Options
    Actually Building 7 also house FBI offices in which the entirety of investigatory evidence for two key cases:

1. The case against Mobil Oil and James Giffen on illegal oil swaps between Iran and Kazakhstan (at the time before the NY Grand Jury - Syemor Hersh, New Yorker Magazine, July 9th 2001 edition);

and more critically

2. The case against Alan Greenspan, Morgan & Company, Goldman Sachs into illegal gold price fixing

were kept.

With the destruction of the building went all the evidence against powerful financial interests profitting handsomely from our Middle Eastern resource wars.
    scary stuff innit.
  • Options

and more critically

were kept.

well i didnt know that.......more convinced by the second.
  • Options
    i'll take a wild guess that this building housed those who were in control of the radio control gear.
    they would have pressumed what they were doing was a simple exercise.
    then they realised what they had done was for real ...and found themselves sealed in and cut off from the world.
    then ...boom!
    :eek:

This is hilarious :D
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    This is hilarious :D
    i did say a wild guess and even put a funny face on the end just for you ...clans explanation is much better.
    do you actualy have any ideas of your own ...about anything whatsoever?
  • Options
    Clandestine gets his info from sites that have already made up their mind - and you believe it without question. I'd rather see an independent source thanks.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Clandestine gets his info from sites that have already made up their mind - and you believe it without question. I'd rather see an independent source thanks.
    and you get your info from ...?

sorry but i don't just believe clan ...i actualy go to the trouble of ...reading!
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    i'd love to know what your idea of independant is.
    i have supplied engineers pilots etc etc ...what do you deem to be an independant source?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    There's fuck all worth contributing to. Snide comments at paranoid fools is the best its gonna get.
    just been looking through this thread to see why you can't find anyone or thing deemed independant and came across this gem.

you remind me more and more of lukesh/walkindude.
  • Options
    Gee, blagsta's best argument, that sites devoted to researching the point by point farcical assertions of the day's events and the people who have paraded before tv cameras to further endorse that absolutist version as the ONLY explanation (which blagsta refuses to question, since doing so constitutes "conspiracy theory") are not independent, nor objective.

Well then, we'd all best just cease from ever questioning any and all official claims that have any greater bearing on the our collective futures than the condition of public rail networks or how mayors should be treated for making offhand comments at social gatherings.

Oh how lame and intellectually complacent our little blagsta must be.

Again, for those with more rational capability, the research is quite recognisably objective and point based, reviewing the official claims made and supplying the widely and publically researched discreditation whereever the record clearly does not substantiate the official line.

That is nothing more than one would expect nor find in any thorough investigative effort for any major crime.

Poor desperate blagsta.
  • Options
    is it just me??.......or what?...but why do i seem to get this "god like" echo in my head when reading clandestines posts?......and i'm not trying to take the piss clan,before you start.
  • Options
    Ive no aspirations to godhood, thanks. I have trouble balancing a checkbook let alone sort out the mess of generations bequeathed to us by successive world leaders.

But feel free to tithe to me if you wish, the income is always welcome ;)
  • Options
    Ive no aspirations to godhood, thanks. I have trouble balancing a checkbook let alone sort out the mess of generations bequeathed to us by successive world leaders.

But feel free to tithe to me if you wish, the income is always welcome ;)
    "tithe"?....its either a typo,or its illegal......now which is it???....i think it involves money,in which case you can bollocks!
  • Options
    and you get your info from ...?

sorry but i don't just believe clan ...i actualy go to the trouble of ...reading!

No point in reading if you don't also think.
  • Options
    i have supplied engineers pilots etc etc ...what do you deem to be an independant source?

No you haven't. You've supplied quotes from conspiracy sites. You have no idea who these supposed "engineers" and "pilots" are.
  • Options
    More inane and substanceless blagsta blather!

Thanks for playing, NEXT contestant!