Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

am i a dork if i don't have sex?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    turlough wrote:
    And that's where the term "freakish" comes into the equation. I mean, you aren't all law abiding Christians are you?

Im not a christian

Why would that make me freakish? Just because i dont want to take up the offer of sex from someone i barely know? In hindsight it was for the best anyway, she fucked me over anyway. I would have been more messed up if i'd done the deed with her.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    And that's where the term "freakish" comes into the equation. I mean, you aren't all law abiding Christians are you?

Finally someone that understands!
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Finally someone that understands!

So I'm a freak for not shagging someone who turned out to be a complete whore? I'd rather lose it to my girlfriend* than to a random thanks.

*Why yes, yes I do have a girlfriend
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    So I'm a freak for not shagging someone who turned out to be a complete whore? I'd rather lose it to my girlfriend* than to a random thanks.

*Why yes, yes I do have a girlfriend

Yes but the desire is there to want sex, which ya know makes you less freakish :p
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Sex is fun and a very real human instinct - if you don't feel the urge to have sex then I think you are a little different than most. This notion that it has to be with somebody you 'love' is complete bollocks.

You can have great sex where it means nothing whith somebody you barely know, but you can also great sex with somebody you love and it'll mean something completey different.
    Whatever ever it is, those than say that sex isn't a very important part of a relationship are fooling themselves.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    And that is precisely my point for not having sex yet.

If it meant nothing of course I would have lost my virginity three or four years ago. But sex means something to me, and therefore I want to wait until I feel I am with someone I would not regret losing my virginity to.
  • Options
    talia wrote:
    If it meant nothing of course I would have lost my virginity three or four years ago.

Why do you think sex has to mean something though?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    The first time you have sex is never special. If you expect it to be your in for a big letdown!
    The first time I had sex was special.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    The first time I had sex was special.

I doubt it was the best sex you had though. Was it simply special because it was your first time?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    This thread has mutated a bit.

I posted before, but the simple reply to the OP's question is that no, it doesn't make you a "dork". It might mean you're not the "norm", but what the fuck does that mean anyway...you only get one life, live it however the hell you want and don't make apologies for the things (and people?) you do, things you say or what you think.

You'd think from this thread that there was a definitive right and wrong answer to this kind of thing, and absolutely no grey area whatsoever. :p
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I doubt it was the best sex you had though. Was it simply special because it was your first time?
    Physical it was probably the worst sex I've ever had. Yet sex is more than just a physical act. Emotionally it was perfect and it was the way I always dreamed about loosing it with the man I love.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Why do you think sex has to mean something though?
    because thats how it is for her. simple as.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Physical it was probably the worst sex I've ever had. Yet sex is more than just a physical act. Emotionally it was perfect and it was the way I always dreamed about loosing it with the man I love.

See i never understand why people plan how they're going to lose their virginity? :confused:

I lost mine on a er wall somewhere in the freezing cold with some kiddy i didn't even like, but i can't say it's mentally scared me, or that i wish it had been with someone i loved. Just don't get it!
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Yet sex is more than just a physical act.

Where does it say that?

The point is it doesn't have to be anything more than just a fucking good time.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Well I try to remember its original purpose which was to bring two homosapiens together long enough to orgasm, and then long enough to bring up the kids.

Has everyone forgotten that sex is meant for procreation? (originally) I may be unusual but I want to have sex with a man whose babies I wouldn't mind having.
  • Options
    talia wrote:
    Has everyone forgotten that sex is meant for procreation? (originally) I may be unusual but I want to have sex with a man whose babies I wouldn't mind having.

So we should only have sex with people we want to have kids with?
    Complete jank.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    sex is different for everyone. some people just want to have sex with whoever, some people want to 'make love' with somone they care about. everyones idea of the purpose of sex is different. just because it isn't your perspective doesn't make it wrong.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    sex is different for everyone. some people just want to have sex with whoever, some people want to 'make love' with somone they care about. everyones idea of the purpose of sex is different. just because it isn't your perspective doesn't make it wrong.

So you saying that if your not into shagging someone you care about, then you must be one of those people that shags whoever?
  • Options
    On one hand we have people sayign that sex is nothing more than procreation, and on the other we have people saying it's special and has to be with somebody you love.

These unwritten laws and rules have no reason. It's pretty well established that sex is a basic human want, and it's bloody fun - if we're safe why shoudln't we do it for the simple reason it feels good?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    It's pretty well established that sex is a basic human want, and it's bloody fun - if we're safe why shoudln't we do it for the simple reason it feels good?
    Of course we can, but not everybody wants to, that's the whole point of the last 100 posts or so!
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    So you saying that if your not into shagging someone you care about, then you must be one of those people that shags whoever?
    no. i'm saying to some people, sex is sex, to others its like a bonding/connection thing. its different for everyone
  • Options
    i think its a bit weird that someone doesn't want sex. i mean don't you get horny? and lustful? fair enough if its for religious reasons or you're not ready for it.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i think its a bit weird that someone doesn't want sex. i mean don't you get horny? and lustful? fair enough if its for religious reasons or you're not ready for it.
    I meant not everyone wants to for those reasons only but also wanted the emotional connection, special moment, etc., not that they didn't want it period.

I don't think anyone doesn't want sex period, they just choose to live without it for other reasons.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    Some people seem to see it as some sort of magical thing though. i guess its all to do with morals really and the way in which people have been brought up. personally i dont see anything wrong with sex for pleasure - its great. sure there is something that little bit better with someone you love but for all those people who only want to have sex with one person throughout their entire life (no sex before marriage etc) all i can say is 'why?' Arent you curious as to what youre missing out on?
  • Options
    its only religion thats made it into such a 'special sacred' thing though.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    its only religion thats made it into such a 'special sacred' thing though.
    Nah, its scaremongering imo, parents drilling certain morals into their kids - possibly the same ones they were brought up with themselves. Sure it has its origins with religion but a lot of people who dont beleive in sex before marriage arent even religious.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    for all those people who only want to have sex with one person throughout their entire life (no sex before marriage etc) all i can say is 'why?' Arent you curious as to what youre missing out on?
    I've only had sex with one person. I want to stay with him forever and have his babies. When we are together the sex is fucking awesome :thumb: I don't need to sleep with anyone else to know that.
  • Options
    bluewisdom wrote:
    Of course we can, but not everybody wants to, that's the whole point of the last 100 posts or so!

Voice of reason. This a completely pointless "debate" (thinly-veiled slanging match, I'd say) because there is no right or wrong attitude to sex before marriage, sex with different partners, sex outside of the fairytale relationship. There are just different attitudes.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Sure it has its origins with religion but a lot of people who dont beleive in sex before marriage arent even religious.
    yeh thats what i mean, the origin.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Voice of reason. This a completely pointless "debate" (thinly-veiled slanging match, I'd say) because there is no right or wrong attitude to sex before marriage, sex with different partners, sex outside of the fairytale relationship. There are just different attitudes.

I'd say it was more of a discussion than a thinly veiled slanging match :rolleyes: