Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Red Ken gets a month suspension

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Isn't it funny how the immense majority of Ken bashers and haters don't even live in London? :D :rolleyes: Bloody out of towners.

Ken will in all likeness be elected with another massive majority at the next election. I will be one of the people who vote for him.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Isn't it funny how the immense majority of Ken bashers and haters don't even live in London? :D :rolleyes: Bloody out of towners.

Ken will in all likeness be elected with another massive majority at the next election. I will be one of the people who vote for him.

I live in London and think the man's a twat :D
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I read today the transcript of the actual conversation. That there was an investigation over it, let alone Livingstone being suspended for it, is fucking ludicrous.

I heard the recording of it last night on tv - the journalist was pissing him off and repeating his question constantly, and Ken said something like "you're like a concentration camp guard i suppose, only doing their job" which I took to mean that although the guy was being annoying he wasn't doing it off his own back, it's just his job.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Poor Ken.

Ken was right. The guy deserves it, if he doesn't leave Ken the fuck alone... and this punishement is entirley overkill.
  • Options
    Remind me how many of Londoners actually voted for Red Ken the lizard-loving anti-semite?

The population of London is 7,465,100

Only 1,920,541 bothered to vote.

Only 828,380 (1st + 2nd choices) actually voted for Red Ken.

Not a ringing endorsement by any stretch of the imagination, in fact one could say most Londoners didn't support him.

He's a disgrace to his Office as Mayor of London and should be sacked. Its about time he got himself a proper job, something that seems to have elduded him for years as he's ponced around the corridors of left-wing politics seeking to puruse his mad-cap schemes!
  • Options
    rickramone wrote:
    Remind me how many of Londoners actually voted for Red Ken the lizard-loving anti-semite?

He is not Anti-Semitic. Sigh. I can tell an anti-semitic joke. Does that make ME Anti-Semitic?
    rickramone wrote:

Under half the country voted for labour. Wait, under half the country voted! Don't vote, its your own fault someone you dont like gets in! Tought shit!

rickramone wrote:
    Not a ringing endorsement by any stretch of the imagination, in fact one could say most Londoners didn't support him.

He's a disgrace to his Office as Mayor of London and should be sacked. Its about time he got himself a proper job, something that seems to have elduded him for years as he's ponced around the corridors of left-wing politics seeking to puruse his mad-cap schemes!

He's done a good job, actually.
    OMG THE QUOTE THING IS ALL ITALIC!
  • Options
    rickramone wrote:

In that case no democratic leader anywhere in the world was ever endorsed by the population.

Please...
    Funnily enough the majority of Londoners thinks he's doing a very good job, thank you very much.

It's just as well out of towners don't get to vote in the London elections. Like all the commuters who think it's their right to bring their 3-ton gas guzzling monster machines into London every day because they can't be bothered to get their lazy arses on a train.

They might not like the CC- we Londonders do.

May Ken live a thousand years I say.
  • Options
    In that case no democratic leader anywhere in the world was ever endorsed by the population.

Yay! Well done. Democracy is indeed a load of bollocks.
    It's just as well out of towners don't get to vote in the London elections.

Well, on a user pays basis they should do. The daytime population of London is overwhlemingly comprised of people who don't "live" there. That's if you agree with elections ofc., which I don't.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Well, on a user pays basis they should do. The daytime population of London is overwhlemingly comprised of people who don't "live" there. That's if you agree with elections ofc., which I don't.
    They don't pay London council tax and stuff so they shouldn't get a say in Londony things.
  • Options
    You really think that handing over pieces of paper creates tube stations and pavements and so on?

Fucks sake.......
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    You really think that handing over pieces of paper creates tube stations and pavements and so on?

Fucks sake.......
    :lol:

They pay alot to work in London. Congestion Charge. Train fairs. Alot of tax collected OUTSIDE London is also spent... INSIDE London.

Also alot of non-Londers go to London shopping. And so forth.
  • Options
    I just wish the rest of us didn't have to hear about the fucking place all the time.
  • Options
    rickramone wrote:
    Its about time he got himself a proper job, something that seems to have elduded him for years as he's ponced around the corridors of left-wing politics seeking to puruse his mad-cap schemes!

"Got himself a proper job?" Yeah, maybe it's time he stopped drifting along wasting his life in dead-end jobs like the highest office in the biggest city in Europe and went into accountancy training or something...
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Funnily enough the majority of Londoners thinks he's doing a very good job, thank you very much.

Just out of interest, how do you know this?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Alot of tax collected OUTSIDE London is also spent... INSIDE London.

London contributes massively to the wealth of the UK, indeed the South East does as a whole. Overall gigantic amounts of money through the government are taken out of the South East and spent primarily in the Midlands, the north, Wales and Scotland. If Southern England was a separate country we’d be loaded and Northern England would be a lot poorer.

Anyway I don’t have a major problem with the North sponging off the South except for some moaning northerners that have the nerve to bitch about having to pay for the Olympics (when in fact it won’t cost them anything) and about things been spent on stuff in the South.
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    Just out of interest, how do you know this?
    On account of having been re-elected.
  • Options
    But being re-elected is not the same as having a majority who support you.

Though I agree that quibbling over election results due to low turnout etc is pointless.......
  • Options
    If there are some on here who think Red Ken is doing a good job and is supported by Londoners, then I say you're in urgent need of a reality check! He's been a disaster for London and will be kicked out next time round, thank God! The old left-winger with his crazy authoritarian views and anti-semitism should crawl away and run a home for distressed lizards & newts, creatures he has more in common with than rational human beings!
  • Options
    rickramone wrote:
    If there are some on here who think Red Ken is doing a good job and is supported by Londoners, then I say you're in urgent need of a reality check! He's been a disaster for London and will be kicked out next time round, thank God! The old left-winger with his crazy authoritarian views and anti-semitism should crawl away and run a home for distressed lizards & newts, creatures he has more in common with than rational human beings!

Care to post an argument which is in any way backed up or justified, or just toss? Nope...?

Right, carry on with the thread then.
  • Options
    Ken Livingstone should not have been suspended. I think the man is an idiot, the fact he refuses to apologise for the offence he caused shows him to be a weak, pathetic man. But he should not be suspended, least not by a small group of unelected bureaurcrats. The fact is, the Adjudication Board should not exist. Its very existence demeans the democratic process. It should be disbanded immediately.
  • Options
    rickramone wrote:
    Yawn.

Do you even live in London? Care to tell us how he's been a disaster?
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Do you even live in London? Care to tell us how he's been a disaster?
    I'm aware that he's introduced the congestion charge, which appears to have worked well, bar a few teething troubles initially. What else has happened in London since he became Mayor? Not being rude, just asking out of curiousity to someone who lives (somewhere or other) in South London. :)
  • Options
    Well one small thing that actually improves things for a lot of people: he has introduced the Oyster card method of paying for the tube and public transport which makes things faster and more efficient so you don't have to queue up for ages each time you use the tube.

ETA: He also ran the campaign to get London to win the bid to host the 2012 Olympics.
  • Options
    When Ken was first in power during the early 80s he made transport, especially buses, affordable and efficient. Then the Evil Witch dismantled the London Assembly, but that's another story. Anyway, Ken has done exactly the same this time, even though the government has insisted in privatising the tube network therefore fucking everything up.

Public transport- and transport in general- runs far better under Ken. You could argue that transport is the first and most important issue when it comes to running a city.

He's done fuck ups of course. The removal of the Routemaster was a disgrace. But overall he's done far more good than harm. He's become an ambassador for London and his reaction speech to 7/7 was sublime, far better than any other politician's.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    When Ken was first in power during the early 80s he made transport, especially buses, affordable and efficient. Then the Evil Witch dismantled the London Assembly, but that's another story. Anyway, Ken has done exactly the same this time, even though the government has insisted in privatising the tube network therefore fucking everything up.

Public transport- and transport in general- runs far better under Ken. You could argue that transport is the first and most important issue when it comes to running a city.

He's done fuck ups of course. The removal of the Routemaster was a disgrace. But overall he's done far more good than harm. He's become an ambassador for London and his reaction speech to 7/7 was sublime, far better than any other politician's.

And he also supported the IRA when they were busy murdering everyone who opposed their perverted vision. That's enough in my book...
  • Options
    Ken puts the environment first too :thumb:
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    And he also supported the IRA when they were busy murdering everyone who opposed their perverted vision. That's enough in my book...
    You might disagree with the IRA methods (as I do, entirely) but I don't see anything 'perverted' in wanting to reunify their country after some of Ireland's provinces have suffered centuries of abuse and persecution by another nation and remain in foreign hands. Do you?
  • Options
    Back to the topic, Ken's suspension has been frozen while a judge hears his appeal.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    You might disagree with the IRA methods (as I do, entirely) but I don't see anything 'perverted' in wanting to reunify their country after some of Ireland's provinces have suffered centuries of abuse and persecution by another nation and remain in foreign hands. Do you?

If you want that vote SDLP - don't murder those who disagree with you...