Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Playground games

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Char_Baby wrote:
    You poor little mite. That really made me feel sad reading that :( (I am being genuinue if anyone suspects otherwise)
    No, I don't suspect otherwise. Things were a tad better at secondary school. The bullying was more verbal when I got there. I hated my school days. I'm glad most of you seem to have had more fun with yours, however.
  • Options
    Kat_B wrote:
    im not too good at explaining but basically, you get into two lines, link arms, and stand opposite each other. then one line says 'red rover red rover, we want *insert name* over.' so then that person has to run from there line to the other line. if they break through the peoples' arms, they get to go back to their line. if they dont manage to break through, they join the other line. the line with the post people wins :)

That's the same as Are You Ready For A Fight?!
  • Options
    is it?! red rover is a MUCH better name though!
  • Options
    Nah cos you kind of sing it ... are you read-y FORA fighT? Yes we're read-y FORA fighT!
  • Options
    well one of my friends used to have a book of flower faries, and we all used to choose our favourite (mine was the rosehip) and pretend we were faries. Before that game we did play 'world war two' and anne frank, where we were taken to the concentration camps by invisible nazis. And shadow poison where one of us had to try to jump on every one elses shadows. But if your shadow couldnt be seen then you were safe. We were fucked up little girlies.
  • Options
    but how do you invite someone to run over if you dont sing the red rover rhyme?!
  • Options
    Are you ready for a fight?
    Yes we're ready for a fight
    We want ...... for a fight
    *fight ensues*
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    "join the crew" ah fun times ;)
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    "join the crew" ah fun times ;)

What's that? or don't I wanna know ;)
  • Options
    can't beat rounders, loved basketball too actually.

or it/tag/stuck in the mud
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    What's that? or don't I wanna know ;)
    basicly there are 2 groups of well... the schools students, we went round randomly beating people into submission :p (or atleast until they said "ok I'll join the crew") then we keep going til um.. well, til break ends.
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    basicly there are 2 groups of well... the schools students, we went round randomly beating people into submission :p (or atleast until they said "ok I'll join the crew") then we keep going til um.. well, til break ends.
    :lol: thats awful, kids are so mean.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Let's not forget the game of "Annoy the hell outof Prefects". God, that was like, the most fun ever. And "Bushing" people.

Or, the true thing: The best game: It's break. Let's go smoke a joint.
  • Options
    'anybody in the way gets a big boot'
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    3-line-it is good. Everyone gets into threes and links arms so they are in a line of three. One person is "it" but they can stop being "it" by linking arms with someone who is part of a line-of-three. When this happens it becomes a line of 4 and the person at the other end (not the one who just joined) becomes it and has to run to another line. Obviously there is someone trying to catch the person who is "it". If they catch them then they are the the catcher. Hmm... it sounds really complicated but it's simple really I'm just not very good at explaining.

I think i might use this! Thanks! :)
  • Options
    Cazzoo wrote:
    Bulldog, Polo
    :yes: In The Holidays.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    What's the time Mr Wolf

that and bulldog are the only ones i remember!
  • Options
    Red rover. Nearly broke my arms many a time playing that, lol

what was involved in this game? recognise the name...ignore this, didn't read the whole thread!

also played wink murder but like said before this was in brownies.

umm..also where you sat in a circle and sung that lucy locket song. it was a bit like musical chairs, too.

polo aswell, but can't remember what you did in it?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    We just seemed to fight each other all the time.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    What time is it mr wolf
    my red letter
    around the world (with the giant band thing that went round 2 peoples ankles and you had to jump in/out of it in different ways)
    Um, i dunno what it was but the girls used to go to one end of the play ground and the boys at the other and there would be a tennis ball and you had to throw it and hit the other teams wall, if you got it then your team got a point.
    most of the games we played were made up!
  • Options
    what's bulldog? I played dizzy sisters, clapping rhyme games, 'Doctors and Patient.
  • Options
    Stuck in the mud, hoops, skipping, bulldog, imaginary games *cringe*.
  • Options
    whats the time mr wolf, peep behind the curtain, tig, torture, hide and seek. and in PE we used to play netball, tennis, hockey
  • Options
    red rover, what a game! :)
    and handstands! i remember there were songs for that, all the girls used to stand in a line and sing the songs and at the end everyone had to do a handstand! sounds crazy but so fun when you're 6! :hyper:
  • Options
    Sugar wrote:
    and handstands! i remember there were songs for that, all the girls used to stand in a line and sing the songs and at the end everyone had to do a handstand! sounds crazy but so fun when you're 6! :hyper:

I remember that, but I could never do handstand, same with cartwheels.