Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Champions League

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone else getting really excited about the upcoming games?

I cant wait :D

Two nights of quality games woooooooo :thumb:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I'm not as excited as I usually am as United aren't there but I still enjoy the competition. I hate the way all the matches are on at the same time though. There's always big clashes that you miss out on.

I hope Chelsea's dodgy potato field doesn't affect Barcelona too much.
  • Options
    :D what a game at the Bernabeu. Awesome performance from a team missing some big players. So happy :D, outplayed Madrid who didnt really look anything special at all tonight especially at the back.

Can't say a bad word about our players performance. Fucking get in :D
  • Options
    What a load of rubbish performance from Madrid :mad: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    What a load of rubbish performance from Madrid :mad: :rolleyes:

True. Arsenal should be out of sight though - Madrid defended like school boys, but you've never defended well when Woodgate hasn't been in the team.

Tie should be dead and buried, but it's still all to play for.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    :D what a game at the Bernabeu. Awesome performance from a team missing some big players. So happy :D, outplayed Madrid who didnt really look anything special at all tonight especially at the back.

Can't say a bad word about our players performance. Fucking get in :D

Absolutely! :D Watched bits of the match and went back and forth between this and something else. I felt The Gunners were wasting chances too often, i even commented that if they didnt make one of them count quick they'd lose and eventually, that man Henry stepped up to score another goal to beat Madrid. This performance from Madrid just adds further proof to what i keep saying about Real. They are shite now.

Go Arsenal :d
  • Options
    I've always argued that you should be patriotic when European games come around.

So I was dissapointed to see the Englishmen lose tonight. Shame when one picked up an injury too.

That team of foreginers in yellow should have scored a few more though...
  • Options
    EDN1 wrote:
    Absolutely! :D Watched bits of the match and went back and forth between this and something else. I felt The Gunners were wasting chances too often, i even commented that if they didnt make one of them count quick they'd lose and eventually, that man Henry stepped up to score another goal to beat Madrid. This performance from Madrid just adds further proof to what i keep saying about Real. They are shite now.

Go Arsenal :d
    I wouldn't go as far as saying they are shite... though they're certainly not nearly as good as they were 4 years ago. Then again 4 years ago they were the best team in the world, arguably in history.

Well done to Arsenal on the night. Madrid is well capable of winning the tie but we're simply too inconsistent and our defence is rather rubbish.
  • Options
    I know this has been said about a million times but why the hell don't they buy some good defenders! Is it because they only want to buy the greatest attackers in the world or what!
  • Options
    Yeah, that's exactly the philosophy the president of the club has had...

But no matter that Madrid hasn't won anything in 3 years (soon to be 4 by the look of things). We have lots of "Galacticos" and have sold so many shirts we're now the biggest club in the world in financial terms. That's obviously what matters the most. :rolleyes:

Figo and Zidane had a direct impact on Madrid's last trophies in Europe and in La Liga... the rest of them were bought for show rather than for need. As it happens Beckham has made a positive contribution on the pitch, but the club should have concentrated in reinforcing the defence, not buying more bleeding 'galacticos'.

Ronaldo is a fat lazy bastard who struggles on every game now.

And most important of all, they should have never sold Makelele (and simply because he wanted to be paid what others were being paid). Everything started to go pear shaped the second he left.
  • Options
    Absolutely fucking brilliant, although as Addict has said we should've had the tie dead and buried. The return will be a classic.

A near faultless performance and exactly what we needed.

I don't like to rain on a parade, but it will take the gloss off it a little if we don't perform against Blackburn and Fulham.
  • Options
    I'm quite pleased with Rangers result last night. Could have been better, but then again it could have been worse.

Hopefully Lovenkrands will be on form in Villareal. Would be amazing for them to get through to the next round!
  • Options
    pinkstar wrote:
    I'm quite pleased with Rangers result last night. Could have been better, but then again it could have been worse.

Hopefully Lovenkrands will be on form in Villareal. Would be amazing for them to get through to the next round!

I think they will.

Bremen 3-2 Juve :eek2:
  • Options
    pinkstar wrote:
    Would be amazing for them to get through to the next round!

Mainly because they'd be the worst team ever to disgrace the quarter finals.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Mainly because they'd be the worst team ever to disgrace the quarter finals.

Only cause the dons have never been there :p