Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

sex toys in a couple

what's everyone opinion?

liking it? hating it? sometimes is ok?

making sex better or worse?

making relationship better or worse?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well if the real thing is there then I wouldn't want a plastic substitute.

No vibrator could beat the feeling of a throbbing penis going in and out.

So why bother?
    Well women rarely reach orgasm through just penetration. I thought a vibrator was used for masturbation on the clit.
    Rachael wrote:
    Well women rarely reach orgasm through just penetration. I thought a vibrator was used for masturbation on the clit.

I don't see why a man can't do the job here.
    You can penetrate and still masturbate the clit.
    Sure he can, but it won't be as concentrated as a vibrator that the woman can manually control herself. The speed and pressure is maintained so its more likely a woman will orgasm through it.
    I think it could be good if the woman couldnt orgasm very easily any other way, or just for a bit of a change occasionally, but I wouldnt want it as part of my sex life that often, unless there was a huge discrepency in the sex drives of the couple.
    Are they really that many women that can't reach orgasm?
    Are they really that many women that can't reach orgasm?

I dont know a figure but I imagine that its a common problem. I'm not belittling a bloke's part in sex here just pointing out that vibrators do have its advantages
    Rachael wrote:
    I dont know a figure but I imagine that its a common problem. I'm not belittling a bloke's part in sex here just pointing out that vibrators do have its advantages

Well I'm sure they have otherwise they wouldn't be that many on sale.

After I guess for women that have a partner that aint that good in bed or something a vibrator would be useful to get an orgasm once in a while.
    Toys are good for role play too.
    After I guess for women that have a partner that aint that good in bed or something a vibrator would be useful to get an orgasm once in a while.
    I dont think its even always to do with whether a man is good in bed or not. Some women just find it hard to come, and some men do too. Vibrator do give more concentrated stimulation and sometimes there are women that find it harder to reach orgasm with the gentler stimulation of oral or manual, and its VERY common to not be able to orgasm through penetrative sex.

Sometimes i think sex toys might even cause the problem to a certain extent in some people as the body learns to "need" that sort of stimulation before it can orgasm. It can become spoilt in a way.
    katralla wrote:
    Toys are good for role play too.

Well in a case like that I see the point of them obviously ;)
    I dont think its even always to do with whether a man is good in bed or not. Some women just find it hard to come, and some men do too.

Yeah but for some reason it look like women with toys are ok, but men with toys are weird... At least it's the feeling I get... I might be wrong obviously...
    Yeah but for some reason it look like women with toys are ok, but men with toys are weird... At least it's the feeling I get... I might be wrong obviously...
    Yeah I agree. Its seen as perfectly fine for a woman to have a vibrator and it wouldnt make me bat an eyelid, although if a guy told me he had one of those fake rubber pussys or a blow up doll, id be creeped out and probably think it was a bit sad, even though realistically, its the same thing and I know it.
    See that's a bit I don't get...

If a woman can get an orgasm some would see as a crime to refuse a vibrator...

If a man can't come, well tought luck...

Also I agree men in general come easily...
    Yeah I agree. Its seen as perfectly fine for a woman to have a vibrator and it wouldnt make me bat an eyelid, although if a guy told me he had one of those fake rubber pussys or a blow up doll, id be creeped out and probably think it was a bit sad, even though realistically, its the same thing and I know it.

I'm not sure they are the same thing... I think that it is much easier for men to orgasm. So any extra toys are more likely to be used as psychological aids to orgasm, rather than physical aids. Whereas sex toys for women are more likely to be used to stimulate the right spot etc, rather than the psychological use of the toy to enable them to reach orgasm quicker.
    For instance, a man and a woman start a new relationship. The woman finds it difficult to reach an orgasm through penetrative sex alone. So they introduce a vibrator to use while they are having sex to reach those bits that penetrative sex alone can't reach. But this is unlikely to happen the other way round, as it is probably fairly rare for a man not to be able to acheive orgasm through penetrative sex. If he did wish to introduce a rubber doll into their sex life, it is more likely that it would be because a rubber doll turns him on and excites him, rather than being because he physically can't reach an orgasm without one.
    When considering men's sex toys, Butt Plugs seem far more acceptable than fake pussy toys or sex dolls.
    Well the reason that its more acceptible for a woman to need toys is because the female genitalia (haha i love that word) has the hole half a mile away from the bit which is more likely to cause the orgasm!!
    Maybe but don't all men got 1 cock, 2 hands, 10 fingers and 1 tongue...

Surely it should be more than enough for 1 or 2 holes and a a clit...
    Kate1 wrote:
    I'm not sure they are the same thing... I think that it is much easier for men to orgasm. So any extra toys are more likely to be used as psychological aids to orgasm, rather than physical aids. Whereas sex toys for women are more likely to be used to stimulate the right spot etc, rather than the psychological use of the toy to enable them to reach orgasm quicker.
    Yeah, if they had a functional naturally contoured small vibrator for clitoral stimulation only, but when a womans got triple speed multifuctional double ended pearlescent rampant rabbit deluxe model number two, then its a bit more difficult to excuse it as a necessity.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

I mean, both parties can still join in...
    Given my luck, they'd just be an extra hazard.

"What's the problem Mr Raz?"
    "Vibrator to the eye, doctor, Optic sex if you will."
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Raz wrote:
    Given my luck, they'd just be an extra hazard.

"What's the problem Mr Raz?"
    "Vibrator to the eye doctor. Optic sex if you will."
    :lol:

Thats classic.
    Yeah, if they had a functional naturally contoured small vibrator for clitoral stimulation only, but when a womans got triple speed multifuctional double ended pearlescent rampant rabbit deluxe model number two, then its a bit more difficult to excuse it as a necessity.

Hehe, ok, fair enough! :lol:
    Nothing wrong with sex toys being used by couples. They can be great for foreplay, during/after sex or roleplay. Doesn't have to be used just on the women either.
    When i was with wife we had a large selection of toys, and dvd's. Didn't use them all the time just when the mood took us.
    Ive had sex only twice....so i dont know about sex toys. I didnt orgasm - it was with my 19 year old boyfriend (im 16) so hes experienced, and he said i didnt orgasm, but i was pretty close which i felt, but he came so i didnt orgasm, and the first time neither of us did. So do guys really orgasm a lot quicker then girls?

p.s Ive never noticed anyone else on here from portsmouth! (youngbull)