Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ive sold my house!!

£118k :D

not that i`ll have that much once the mortgage has been paid, the debts have been paid and the rest is divided, but should get about 10k, and it means I dont have to deal with a stressy ex as much either :yippe:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Congratulations!
    Are you and NMM moving in together now then ;)
  • Options
    Yipee!! Now you can hopefully draw another line under that part and move on to better things. And 10k should pay for a nice little holiday somewhere. :)
  • Options
    Or a nice little deposit on a flat..... (arrghghghghh i'm house obsessed)
  • Options
    Ohh well done :D did you get your full asking price?
  • Options
    Cool congratz.

I'm waiting to hear from northern rock and my solicitors for taking wifes name off the mortgage. Once i've got that sorted i can start on the divorce.
  • Options
    why do you have to take her name off to get a divorce.
    She`ll still be entitled to half of it with or without her name on it tbh, unfortunatly mate, or more if you have children - im getting 60%, my solicitor said two thirds, but im happy with 60%.

Yep hopefully itll go towards a new place for me and NMM at some point in the near future, although depends on a few other things, cos my credit rating is now black for the next 6 years apparently because ive defaulted on so many credit card/loan payments since the separation.
  • Options
    cos my credit rating is now black for the next 6 years apparently because ive defaulted on so many credit card/loan payments since the separation.

Have you tried talking to the creditors and explain the situation to them. They might take you off the list. You don't get if you don't ask. :)
  • Options
    Excellent, chuffed for ya rainbow :)
  • Options
    She`ll still be entitled to half of it with or without her name on it tbh, unfortunatly mate, or more if you have children - im getting 60%, my solicitor said two thirds, but im happy with 60%.

Depends on the case and what procedure he is taking I think.
    Specially since here, she is at fault.
  • Options
    it makes no difference who leaves who unfortunatly. If they were married, shes entitled to half of the assets if she wants to claim them, although maybe he could get away with it, if hed had the house in his own name for ages before marrying her, and then put her name on the mortgage and it was a really short marriage or something, but generally, even if she leaves him, because theyre married, whats his is hers anyway, whether her names on it or not.
  • Options
    Have you tried talking to the creditors and explain the situation to them. They might take you off the list. You don't get if you don't ask. :)
    I might do, but im INCREDIBLY shit at sorting out financial stuff like that. If I wasnt, it probably wouldnt have even got as far as to default payments.
    I have a bit of a problem about it.
  • Options
    it makes no difference who leaves who unfortunatly. If they were married, shes entitled to half of the assets if she wants to claim them, although maybe he could get away with it, if hed had the house in his own name for ages before marrying her, and then put her name on the mortgage and it was a really short marriage or something, but generally, even if she leaves him, because theyre married, whats his is hers anyway, whether her names on it or not.

Well here she didn't leave.
  • Options
    shes still in the house?
  • Options
    i just realised you two are together! :) im slow...
  • Options
    oh and thats great you sold your house abbie :)
  • Options
    Yay congrats :D :yippe:
  • Options
    Well done :thumb:

Have you completed yet?
  • Options
    Great news, must be a real weight off your mind! :D
  • Options
    You should both move in with me. So long as you cook my meals, tidy my room etc. :p

Infact, thats a genius idea! We should get someone to live with us rent free and all they have to do is chores :D