Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Relaxing?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok Ive tryed everything I normally do when stressed and nothings working. Aromatherapy oils, talking to my mum, having a bath... none of it is working! I have become moody and snappy with my boyfriend and mates and Im hating it. I try not to but it just happens.

Some of you know I miscarried at the start of last week. My mums going into hospital for a hysterectomy tomurow so the whole familys stressed out. Ive got coursework coming out my ears. And Im waiting to hear from chessington world of adventures if I have a job there.

Does anyone have good tips to relax? Im trying everything I can think of but I just dont feel calmer at all....

Im going out of my mind! :shocking:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aww hun, I'm sorry to hear you're so stressed out. I presume you've thought of stuff like yoga? Maybe you should go to the docs and see if they could help you out? :confused:
    Doing your coursework would undoubtedly help.
    Exercise can be a good way of de-stressing.
    It's hard to know what to recommend, because different things relax different people. Maybe you could go swimming, either early one morning or in the evening when it's quite. Get wrapped up and take a long walk. Go to the library and pick out some really good books to lose your thoughts in.

I hope you feel a bit better soon, and find something to take your mind off things. :)
    Man of Kent has it sussed. I have troubles with stress too, even though I'm only in my GCSE levels. Nothing works. It's a dead end. The stress is always there, eating me inside. Sometimes I cry it away, sometimes I fight it away.

The only thing that really helps, is actually working. It might sound ironic, and you might think you need to relax physically. However, what is actually causing your problem? Your coursework. If you've completed it to a high standard, why should you stress?

Answer: you won't.

There's your answer.
    quarfly wrote:
    Man of Kent.
    :wave:

I am, proudly, not a man of Kent.